Chapter 1

PASSION HEART
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “We are going to go for a while, Jisoo. Take care of Jennie for us.”

          “Yes, mom.”

          It was the last promise that she gave before her parents were gone forever. She never forgot about that promise since that day. She could never guess that that day will be the last time for her to see her parents. Even though she felt so lonely since her parents were gone, she still feels so glad that Jennie is there with her. It’s been five years since her parents went to heaven. That time, Jisoo was 17 years old, and Jennie was 13 years old. They are still young.

          There is almost no one from their parents’ family that wants to adopt them both. Their mother's sister decided to keep them. Jisoo knew well about how that house condition, and she hates that house so much. Everything is so different, and her aunty view of their family is so different. Of course, it’s because Jisoo’s grandpa favorites her mother than any other siblings. Jisoo’s mother is a strong and smart woman. Because of the different love that her grandfather gave, every sibling gave a very different opinion about Jisoo’s family.

          Jisoo really hates those opinions. She wanted to run away from those bounds. Because she was tired to hear what her aunt always said about her mother. She never wanted to hear those bad things anymore. She doesn’t care about how her aunty accommodates both her and her sister, but, that wound is getting bigger day by day. She loves both of her parents. They already did the best for her and her sister. When people are saying those things about her mother, of course, Jisoo will be mad, even though her aunt has lived with her mother longer than her.

          “Aunty, I got accepted to Yonsei University.”

          “I’m not going to pay for your tuitions. I have told you that, Jisoo.”

          Jisoo knew it. She really hates those words. Jisoo replied her rudely, “I don’t ask you to pay for it, aunty. I will search for money alone.”

          “Okay, if you want to do it by yourself, why don’t you do it to pay for your own life?”

          Once again, she hates those words so much; she is tired of her aunty's evil and toxic words. That day, Jisoo already decided everything by herself, if she really got accepted; she will go away from that house and take Jennie with her. Jisoo already think about everything in her mind, and she’s not going to regret her decision, “I will do that, aunty. Thank you for taking care of me and Jennie after this one year.”

          Her words are enough to make her aunty surprised, she saw Jisoo with anger in her face, but she only stay silent. Jisoo knew that look was full of hatred just like how she looked at her aunty. But, on the other side, she knew that her aunty grateful that she will go from that house forever. Jisoo felt that day, the burden was finally gone. She hopes that she will never go back to that house anymore. Without realizing people in that house, Jisoo walked to her room, she took all of her luggage.

          She didn’t forget to take Jennie with her, “We are going to go, Jennie.”

          “Unnie, why?” Jennie doesn’t understand what Jisoo said.

          “We are going to live in the new place. You don’t need to worries.”

          Jennie obediently answer, “Okay, unnie.”

          Maybe after this time, it’s not only her that kept a hatred toward her aunty, Jennie was 14 years old, and she kept the same wounds, but Jisoo didn’t want her to kept that wounds anymore longer. They need to go from that house to forget about it and create a new memory. A year is enough to be there. Jisoo decided to go and take the responsibility of Jennie. She doesn’t care what will happen with the road she took. She only want so save her only family, and also, to keep her promise to her parents.

          Their hard time started on that day, with the money that their parents left for them, Jisoo rent a small apartment that enough for both of them. She realized that she’s an egoist. She’s afraid to lose her family again, that feeling is scarier than anything. The time moves along for her and Jennie, and Jisoo finally starts to walk away, because of her time for her works. She almost forgets about many things, and the time passed by until her fourth year in the college.

          “Jennie, why don’t you go to school?”

          Jennie was tired to answer her sister question, “I have explained everything to you, unnie. We have promised to never talk about this again.”

          “Yes, but you have promised me to go back to school, Jennie. I’m not going to talk about this if you go to school.”

          Jennie gave her sister a deathly stare, “Argh! I really hate this; let me do what I want!”

          “Is this because of that man who always with you? What is his name? Namjoon? He must be gives you bad influence!”

          “Don’t talk about him like that!”

          “Jennie! I’m your sister, I need to know about your conditions!”

          Once again, Jennie raised her voice, “Enough, unnie! You never even have time for me or ask me about my day! At least, Namjoon-oppa gave his time more than you ever did even though he’s busy!”

          And she ran away to her room before Jisoo can run to her, “Jennie!”

          Jisoo didn’t like to fight, neither did Jennie. She tried to remember again, when was the last time she was talking with Jennie without arguing? Jisoo can’t remember it anymore. Jisoo let out a sigh, and saw Jennie's door that already locked. Will there be a chance for both sisters to be like before⌘

          Pretty and handsome, maybe those can describe what people think about both of them. Lisa know it well how people think about her and Taehyung, but she never thought about it that deep. She always gets love confessions from the boys at school. But, she rejects every confession she got, why? Of course, because Lisa already has someone she loves. Just like every person in the world who is falling in love, Lisa always wants to meet that person.

          Before that, she needs to take care of this confession that she just got.

          “I like you, Lisa.”

          The boy that confessed his feeling looked so nervous in front of Lisa. He looked worried with what Lisa is going to say. Before Lisa can answer his confession, suddenly someone she knew came. Taehyung was walking toward her with a smile. He grabs unto her shoulder to embrace Lisa, and made her surprised. The boy in front of her stayed silent.

          “Hmm, don’t you know the rumor? Lisa is my partner.”

          That’s right, Lisa and Taehyung are the famous it-couple in the school. They are the famous Pretty and Handsome of the school. Since Lisa came to school, Taehyung was always with her. It’s because both of them were friends since Junior High School, and Taehyung is older than Lisa by one year. Of course, Taehyung waited for one year so Lisa could be a high school student. The day when Lisa became a high school student, Taehyung was so happy, because he has waiting for that day to come.

          “I’m sorry, but thank you for your confession.” Lisa finally answered that boy.

          To be honest, it must be embarrassing for him, but Lisa just gave that answer. Until finally, the boy walked away with flustered face and after that, Lisa gave a death stare for Taehyung. She didn’t forget to give a glare too before she walked away from Taehyung.

          Taehyung didn’t feel wrong, instead, he felt surprised by her, “What’s wrong, Lisa?”

          “Tae, who asked you to do that, why can’t you mind your own business?”

          “Well, your face looked flustered, that’s why I did that.” He’s now walking with Lisa.

          Lisa moved her face, and gave a cold stare, “I don’t want him to embarrassed, he was sincere with his confession, Tae. And also, he will think that we are dating.”

          “All right, we should date then.”

          “Tae!”

          “I’m just kidding, Lisa. No need to be mad like that.” Yes, it's always like that. Taehyung always said those things to her. She almost tried to hear Taehyung’s offer.

          She still remembers when Taehyung said that for the first time to her. Lisa can’t lie if she felt a heart throb from her heart when Taehyung said those. But, everything was a joke from Taehyung, that’s why, Lisa decided to stop thinking about that. Because right now, Lisa is in love with Taehyung’s brother. She never thought that Taehyung is a man like Jin, his brother. She only thinks that both of them are friends.

          Yup, only friends.

          Lisa and Taehyung walked back toward the class. From far away, Lisa saw someone is walking toward them. She was holding her book and was not focused with her step. Lisa was so excited to go to that person. She walked so fast and left Taehyung behind. She called her name, “Chaeyoung!”

          Her focus is now on Lisa, “Lisa.” She gave a smile when Lisa came closer and hug her.

          “Have you eaten lunch yet, Chaeyoung?”

          Chaeyoung shook her head, “Not yet.”

          Lisa called for Taehyung with her hands, “Tae-ah, let’s eat together with Chaeyoung.”

          As always, Lisa will ask Chaeyoung to eat lunch together. And also, like always, everyone is looking at the both of them. Of course, because they are famous in this school. Those looks are actually making Chaeyoung a little bit nervous and not confident, but she didn’t want to think about that. She’s happy because they see her as their friend. She never thinks about them like anyone else, they are so warm and kind, especially Lisa. She accepts her more than anyone, even though she always looks so gloomy.

          Lisa and Taehyung are people who are always glowing while Chaeyoung is like darkness. But, she doesn’t want to feel like that anymore. She wants change, at least, for someone who is in her heart right now.

          “What are you reading now, Chaeyoung?”

          After got their food, they are sitting on the table to eat. Taehyung saw how Chaeyoung is focused with her book. She almost didn’t touch her food at all. Chaeyoung answered Taehyung’s question, “I’m going to take a test after this, sunbae.”

          “Really? You need to eat, Chae-ah, you need more power to do the test.”

          Chaeyoung finally put her book and obey Lisa, “Yes.” She took the spoon and Lisa smile at her.

          The atmosphere got calm, before finally Lisa starts to talk, “You know, Chaeyoung. I just got a confession.”

          “Really? From who?”

          “I don’t really remember his name when he told me. But, he came and ruined everything. I actually want to give him a proper answer.” Lisa pointed at Taehyung with her spoon.

          That story made Chaeyoung silent for a moment. She envies Lisa. She wants to be brave. But, she can’t. By only seeing the person she likes, is already making her heart beat faster. How can she encourage herself to confess her love to that person? Chaeyoung took a sigh again after she chews her food. She moves her head toward the clock and saw the time is getting closer. Chaeyoung fastened her moves to finish her drink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter