What's Your Name, Babe?

Falling For My Roommate

“Honey, I’m home!” Woohyun yelled out as he and L walked into the house after hanging out with their friends. Jihye, who was sitting calmly on the couch watching some TV looked towards him with glaring eyes because of his loudness. “Did you miss me?” He asked in a tone any other girl would find charming.

But Jihye just rolled her eyes and turned back to the TV.  Woohyun laughed softly and headed upstairs.

“~~~~~ isn’t home?” L asked skeptically, removing his sweater.

Jihye nodded. “She is. She’s upstairs.”

He made his way upstairs and found you lying on your bed with a textbook. You lifted your head and saw him. He waved with a small smile and you did the same before he went into his room. You continued to smile a little. *He’s very handsome.*

You tried to go back to your work, but you found it hard to concentrate.

After a few minutes, you went downstairs to Jihye.  “Ji, don’t you think this house is a little too cluttered?”

Jihye looked away from the show she was watching. “Yeah, I was thinking that this morning. There’s a lot of old furniture around that we don’t need...”

You nodded. “We should do a cleanup and rearrange the house a bit. I still have to put together the new desk we bought but the old one is too big and heavy to move out.”

“Maybe... we can get the guys to help.”

You thought for a moment before nodding. “That could work.”

Jihye went up the stairs and knocked on the door to their room. “Guys?” She called out.

“I’m changing~” Woohyun’s voice answered, “But feel free to come in Jihye.”

“What are you trying to imply?” Jihye replied in a monotone voice.

“That this is your chance to see me shirtless. I think you’ll fall in love.”

L who was sitting on his bed rolled his eyes at his friend’s antics.

“Please... save me the horror and open the door only when you have your shirt on.” Jihye replied easily. Although a picture of a shirtless Woohyun did appear in her mind. *Maybe it wouldn’t be horror...*

She snapped out of it when Woohyun opened the door.  “What’s up?”

“~~~~~ and I need help fixing around the house.”

“Fixing around the house?”

“Yeah, like getting rid of the old furniture that came with the house and putting up our own stuff. Only problem is, we need some muscle.”

Woohyun’s lips tugged into a smirk. “I have a bit of those...” He responded flexing his muscles obviously.

Jihye rolled her eyes. “You don’t give up, do you?”

“Not until your mine.” He responded easily. Jihye pinched his arm in response. “Ow, ow, ow!”

Jihye scowled. “I told you I have a boyfriend that I don’t plan on breaking up with.”

Woohyun’s playful expression dropped as he remembered her boyfriend. Sometimes he forgot that she was taken, and admittedly, it kind of saddened him. Not because he wanted Jihye to himself, but because it didn’t seem her boyfriend deserved her.

The pain of her pinching made him snap out of it. “Okay, I got it. My skin is sensitive you know!? It’s like baby skin.” He pouted and rubbed his arm.

Jihye laughed lightly. “Are you gonna help us or not?”

Woohyun took a moment to appreciate her laugh. *I made her laugh...* He began smiling. Jihye looked at him weirdly as he spaced off with a weird grin on his face.

“I’ll help.” Another voice interfered. L appeared behind Woohyun and pushed him out of the way, nodding towards Jihye.

“Great!” Jihye clapped and walked off with L.

Woohyun finally came back to reality. He cleared his throat and chased after them. “Wait! I’ll help too!”


You managed to rearrange the couches in the living room in a way that granted more space. You dusted off your hands as you completed the first task. The others were working on fixing other things around the house.

“I’m gonna put together my desk now.” You said before going up the stairs.

L was putting up pictures frames with Woohyun. Being the taller one, he stood on the chair and nailed the frames into the wall. As you went upstairs, he looked towards you. He wondered if you would be able to put the desk together on your own.

He quickly finished the one he was working on and jumped off, handing the hammer to Woohyun. “Do the rest.”

Woohyun watched as his friend rushed off. “Hey, but I can’t reach it...” Woohyun trailed off as he saw Jihye laughing at him in amusement. She found his embarrassment kind of cute.

He coughed. “I mean... I can totally reach it but-”

“Sure, just finish the job.” Jihye cut him off. She had to admit. Woohyun had his cute moments.


You flipped the instructions around and tried to figure out where the last few pieces of the desk connected together but it was no use.

You stared at it for five minutes until someone came up behind you. “Need help?”

You turned around to find L. You pouted lightly. “These instructions are in a totally different language. I don’t get it.”

“Here.” L knelled down behind you and guided the piece in your hand to its correct spot.

The feeling of his chest against your back and his hand on yours sent shivers down your spine.

He began instructing you on where to put the other pieces while he worked on putting it together as well.

While building the desk, L found himself distracted. Your face as you tried to figure out how to put it together was adorable. He smiled and watched you, *I don’t know why I smile around you so much ~~~~~.*

You looked over to him and L quickly looked away. But not quick enough because you still noticed and began blushing.

L finished putting together the last bit and dusted off the top of the desk. You pouted lightly, “You make it look so easy.”

L laughed lightly. “I do things like this a lot...”

You smiled softly. “Thanks.”

He nodded in response and rubbed the back of his neck as the room grew silent. He looked around and his eyes fell on the picture frame on your nightstand. He realized it was a family portrait. *Is that her mom, dad and younger sibling?* It was the first time he wondered about your family.

The silence in the room was slightly awkward and uncomfortable. You kept thinking about all the skinship while the two of you were building the desk and began to blush. You crouched down and began gathering the mess of papers below you and throwing them into a garbage bag.

“I’ll...err.. throw out the garbage.” You said and left the room. For some reason, your cheeks felt really hot. *Snap out of it ~~~~~, he’s your roommate!*

You walked to the backdoor and towards the garbage bin. Your eyes fell on a dark figure. You couldn’t tell what it was but it was right behind the fence of the backyard.

You walked towards the garbage bin and closer to the figure and you realized it was a man in a trench coat. Your eyes widened as you realized it was the same man that you always find around here. *Why do I see this guy so often?* You wondered.

You stared at him momentarily before throwing in the garbage. He stared right back at you. You looked away and focused on the garbage when he suddenly spoke in a very low, soft tone. “What’s your name, babe?”

You flicked your head towards him and gulped. It was so soft you wondered if you were even hearing correctly.

“~~~~~~?” L called your name. He came out to check on you since it was taking you too long.

He squinted his eyes and realized you were staring at something. He grew curious and walked towards you but the figure quickly disappeared.

­*That creep again.*  L thought, walking towards you. “~~~~~?”

You turned around to L. “Y-yeah?” You looked back and saw nothing at all behind you. The guy was completely gone.

“Did he say something to you?”

“He said ‘what’s your name, babe?’” You told him.

L pinched his eyebrows together. *I knew that guy was a complete ... And what was he doing so close to our property? It’s almost as if he was waiting for ~~~~~. * He turned back to you. “Go inside, ~~~~~.” He said protectively.

You did as you were told but waited for L at the door. You saw him go out to the sidewalk and look left and right but it didn’t seem he saw anything and just returned.


Once the house was completely arranged, you made dinner for the house again.

After the meal, L threw on his jacket and shoes and headed towards the front door. “I’m gonna go out for a bit.” He told Woohyun.

“Gonna visit Taehyun?” Woohyun responded knowingly, not even looking away from the TV.

“Yep.” He responded, grabbing the keys to his car and heading out. “See ya.”

“Later.”