Jinho vs Woohyun

Falling For My Roommate

 

“Ugh, finally.” You mumbled to yourself as you found your English lecture hall.

“Looks like we have English together.” A soft yet deep voice whispered into your ear startling you.

You turned around to find L. You bit on your bottom lip softly. “You scared me.”

“You get scared easily.”

You pinched your eyebrows together at how accurate his statement was. You were scared. And the littlest things could make you jump. It’s been a habit that grew over the past 5 years, after the incident.

He watched you and knew you were thinking of something. He wanted to know what it was. He studied your expression. You were confused with a slight bit of worried.

And even hurt.

You looked back up at his eyes and felt startled again. *I don’t think I’d ever get use to his piercing eyes.*

“Should we...go in?” L suggested, putting his camera into his bag. You nodded.

L guided the two of you to empty seats. The professor wasn’t in yet, so chatter could be heard throughout the room. You sat down and scanned the area. You always carefully took in your surroundings; another habit of yours.

On the other hand, L watched you instead of his surroundings. Your eyes stopped on his.

You cracked the slightest bit of a smile. “What’s your real name?”

He smiled as well. “Do you really want to know?”

You nodded. L continued to stare at you, but you wouldn’t look away. It amazed him, that you could stand his glare. *There’s a lot I want to know about you too, Park ~~~~~*

“So are you gonna tell me?”

L’s lips curved upwards as he nodded, but continued to stay silent.

You raised an eyebrow waiting for something, but he never spoke.  “...When exactly?”

“Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.” He leaned in closer. “Maybe next year.”

You nearly forgot about the topic of your conversation as the two of you met eyes, so close together. You bit down on your lip, feeling an unfamiliar sensation in your chest.

“Good afternoon, freshman.”

The professor’s voice knocked you out of the spell. You blinked several times before looking forward.

L sighed. *She’s different... So different.*


 

That was the only class you and L had together. You went about the rest of you day seeing people you were unfamiliar with until your last period class.

You sat in a random seat near the back and played around with your phone as you waited for the professor to come in. You felt someone tap your shoulder before taking the seat beside you.

Looking to your right, you found Woohyun. He gave you a small smile and you waved and smiled as well. “Looks like we have Philosophy together.”

You nodded, “Yes it does.”


 

Once the period ended, you exited the class with Woohyun.

He stretched and yawned, “Philosophy is boring.”

“I think it’s interesting. It answers life’s questions...” You looked at him and nodded with an enthusiastic smile. He let out a sigh and ruffled your hair. “You remind me a lot of L.”

“Hm?” You raised an eyebrow wanting to know why but he just shook his head as his phone went off with a text alert. You fixed your hair as the two of you headed off of campus.

Woohyun put his phone back into his pocket, “L says he finished class early and is gonna be late for dinner.”

*He must’ve went somewhere.*  You nodded as the two of you began walking towards the house.

The atmosphere got quiet and you heard Woohyun let out a thick exhale. “Hey, ~~~~~... Jihye and her boyfriend...” You realized there was a change of tone in his voice. It was quieter and more cautious. You looked up at him and nodded, telling him to continue. “How long have they been together?”

“Years.” You told him with a bland tone. It was something that made you quite angry.

“Really?” He replied softly.

You nodded. You later realized the question Woohyun was asking you and looked up at him. “Why do you ask?”

He simply shook his head with a shrug. You studied him closer. “Do you really like Jihye?”

Woohyun stayed quiet. You smiled softly. *I wish you the best with her Woohyun.*If the teams were Jinho vs Woohyun; you were definitely rooting for Woohyun.


 

Okay, first off. I changed the name of the fic. I just wasn't feeling "Peppermint" anymore. So please don't get confused, the story is now called 'Falling For My Roommate.'

Secondly, sorry for not updating. I went on vacation. When I came back, AFF was down. Now that's it's back up and running, I'll be updating regularly (hopefully daily).

Thirdly, thanks for all the support guys! Please continue to comment and subscribe ~