f i n d i n g f r i e n d s*~!

Giving up, Giving in; What's the difference?

“Hey!” Danbi said as someone had bumped into her. “Watch where you’re going.”

The girls had arrived in the stage area.

“Aish. I can’t see her” mumbled AJ, “Do you see her?”

Sunni was trying to see over people’s heads, she was on her tip toes. She looked down at her cell phone. She quickly dialed Sayuri’s phone number.

“Pick up please.” She whispered trying to find her best friend. When she didn’t answer she closed the phone and put it back in her pocket.

“Let’s go a-“ Achilles’ voice was cut off by the sound of a microphone.

“Hello Campers!” A cheerful voice said. “Okay, Okay quiet down please” She said with a smile.

The noise subsided, “Thank-you! Anyways, I’m Su-dae and I’ll be your host for the next few weeks. Now, we have some activities to get us started.”

There was some cheering, “Okay, so each Cabin will be a team, so since you’re a team you need a team name, cheer, leader and a banner, so pick your leader and come get the board for the banner and some markers!”

The crowd started to make noise again, “Do you want to be the leader?” A girl said to Achilles, “We think you should!”

AJ sighed, “Fine, I guess I will.” The other girls nodded, she set off to get the supplies.

*~**~*

“So, what do you want us to be called?” Leeteuk said Cabin 6 sat in a circle; they had nominated Leeteuk to be leader.

Sayuri had remembered his name. She was trying to think of a time that would be suitable.

A bunch of suggestions had come out, things like “The Pink Squad”, “The Rainbow Fish”, “The Muffin Men” (this was what they were going to pick, but Sayuri vetoed it but reminding them she wasn’t a man) and “The Unbeatable 16”, but they had decided on “Poulet de la Mer”. They weren’t sure how it came about, but they had come across the fact that Sayuri was French, and that they really wanted Chicken wings, they weren’t so sure about the sea part.

They had decorated the sign in pink, Sungmin and Sayuri’s idea; all they needed was a cheer. That was going to be the hard part.

*~**~*

“Okay” Danbi said putting done the poster. “We’re done.”

“I like it.” Sunni said with a small smile.

“Why’d we have to be called that? Honestly, ‘Kawaii Kittens?” Achilles shook her head, “It’s so pathetic.”

“Awe, come on leader.” One girl said, “It’s cute.”

She rolled her eyes and leaned back on her elbows. She took the sign and began to look it over. She took a black marker and traced the light green letters, it looked well. AJ smiled at her work. “Now it’s done”

*~**~*

“Okay, 10 more minutes!” Sun-dae’s voice called through the speakers.

“Wow, our cheer…is…just…wow” Sayuri wasn’t sure what she thought. Their cheer was in French, like their name. The boys came up with it, Sayuri translated it. Their cheer went: ‘Poulet, Poulet. Mer, Mer. C'est nous! Nous somme Poulet de la Mer!’ She didn’t really think it was the best, but she knew that she was probably one of the only people here who could speak French, so it didn’t matter.

“Hey, I like it.” Yesung said smiling at her, “It’s…unique.”

“And French!” A boy who she learnt was called, Eunhyuk.

Sayuri giggled. “True. When in doubt, resort to French.” She pointed out nodding.

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. ‘New Message’ the screen read; when she opened the phone she saw it was from Danbi.

‘Hey, where are you? Come find us?’. She quickly replied saying ‘Sure’. She stood up, looking around for her friends.

“What are you doing?” Yesung said while leaning on her leg and looking up at her.

“Trying to find my friends.” As she continued to look around, Sayuri could feel Yesung lean on her leg. The contact made her feel weird, but it was a good feeling.

“I’ll help.” Yesung said jumping up goofily. He looked around for a moment, “Wait…I don’t know who they are.”

Sayuri giggled, “Let’s just go over…” She pointed in a random direction, “There and look.”

They set off to try and find her friends.

*~**~*

“Oi, AJ.” Danbi said showing the girl her phone, “Sayuri said she’s coming to look for us.”

She nodded, “Good, she’d better get here soon.”

After a few moments they saw her coming over. She didn’t seem to notice them.

“Is that her?” Sunni said pointing towards her, “That is her! Wait…who is she with?”

They had noticed the boy who she was talking to; he looked like he was trying to be a ninja or something. He tried to do a kick, but ended up falling on his behind. Sayuri started laughing and reached to help him up.

“I don’t know…maybe one of her Cabin mates.” Danbi said, “Boy, is he ever cute.”

“Hey! Sayuri!” Achilles called out, waving at her. She smiled and ran over, the boy with her followed.

When she reached her friends she hugged each of them. “Hi guys!” She said happily, she had a goofy smile on her face. She was starting to get excited, and when she was excited she was hyper.

“Hello, my friends. Bonjour, mes amis. Yo, my peeps!” She said doing hand gestures along with the phrase.

Sunni laughed lightly, “Wow, somebody is having a good time.” She then got the thought; Sayuri was having fun with other people. She knew that that was a bit of stupid thing to get upset over, but what if having fun with other people turned into making new friends. How long would it take that to turn into not wanting to be friends with her anymore? She decided to try and push the thought out of her head, but it still lingered.

Danbi laughed, “I can see why” She said eyeing the boy with Sayuri, then turned to her, “Who’s he?”

“Who?” She turned around, for a moment she had forgotten about Yesung, “Oh! This is Yesung.”

Yesung seemed to jump at the sound of his name; he was deep in thought and forgot his surroundings.
“What?” He said sounding slightly shocked; he looked down at Sayuri realizing that it had been her who said his name. He knelt down beside the sitting girl. He smiled to her friends, “Hello!”

“I’m Danbi.”

“Sunni.” She said, not looking at him.

“Achilles.” She said looking at him, she didn’t like him, that was probably only because he got to stay with Sayuri. ‘You better be nice to her, and not try anything’ was what she had wanting to say.

“You girls staying in Cabin 9?” They nodded at him, “I was told of the mix up, don’t worry, we’ll take care of Sayuri.” He smiled.

“You-” Again Achilles was the one to be cut off.

“Everyone get back into your teams! We will now have everyone do their cheers!”

Yesung stood up and pulled Sayuri with him. “That’s means we have to take our leave!”

He took hold of her arms and began to hurry off towards their group.

“Ah!” Sayuri called out. She had wanted to tell them bye and hug them again, but she didn’t get too. So she just waved.

She felt her heart beat fast as they ran, it wasn’t the exercise that made her pulse race.

“I don’t like him.” Achilles said darkly watching them leave. “He shouldn’t touch her like that.”

“Gosh, Achilles, he was just helping her up.” Danbi said before she applied a new layer of lip gloss.

Sunni looked back at Danbi and rolled her eyes. She had agree with Achilles. Sayuri belonged with them, not some random boys.

They could see them in the distance, Sayuri and Yesung’s team started to make their way to their designating spot.

Sunni noticed that Yesung still had hold of Sayuri’s arm. She frowned, she was going to think of a way to get Sayuri to stay with her, not those weird boys. She’d had to come up with a plan.