Ch. 3

Short Time With You (Hiatus)

Your POV

"What happened?" I asked Ben the chef of my lounge.

He was holding his wrist that was visibly purple. His face was scrunched up trying desperately to clench his teeth to lessen the pain.

"Michael came in through the back door raising hell," he answered still holding his wrist firmly.

"Ben tried to calm him down but he smashed his wrist onto the counter," Yuna continued for the injured chef.

"So where'd Michael go?" I asked rubbing my head.

"Out back. Aaron's calming him down," Tiffany piped up trying to finish cleaning up the mess.

"," I muttered under my breath.

"Ben go get your wrist checked out. I'll call Jiyeon to see if she's interested in picking up a few extra hours," I said pinching the bridge of my nose.

I took out my phone and quickly dialed her number praying she'd pick up.

"Hello?"

"Jiyeon, I need a favor"

"What is it?"

"Can you come in and work the rest of Ben's shift?" I asked hopeful.

"What happened to Ben?"

"I'll explain later but can you please come in?"

"Okay I'm on my way"

The line wen dead and I thanked my lucky stars that she agreed to the over time. Now to deal with the situation outside. I walked through the back doors and saw Michael arguing with Aaron. 

"Michael! Why'd you attack Ben?" I asked interrupting their heated argument.

"Amanda, how could you fire me and promote that hat to chef!" he shouted stepping closer but was stopped by Aaron's arm.

"We talked about this already, I fired you because you were harassing my female employees making them feel not safe," I stated.

"Bull! That's bull and you know it!" he shouted.

"I lost 4 employees because of your antics this month alone. You know ual harassment isn't tolerated here," I said calmly.

He rushed towards me and he reeked of alcohol. Aaron pulled him away from me and pushed him against the wall.

"Dude, just leave and come back when your sober!" Aaron shouted in his face trying to calm him down.

I guess that sunk into whatever consciousness he had left because soon he started heading out of the alley.

"Sorry about my cousin. I'll talk to him later for you Amanda," Aaron said leading us back inside the kitchen.

I noticed that Jiyeon had arrived and already began preparing the meals. She's such a great employee. I feel bad for calling her in even though she already did the morning shift.

"Boss, That order is ready," she announced flashing me a smile.

I picked up the trays and loaded them onto the cart to push it out to Yeri's family. I arrived in front of them and gave them my brightest smile as I gave them their food.

"Please enjoy your meal and call me if theirs anything else you need," I said pushing the cart back to the kitchen.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Yerim-ah ^^: Stop being cheesy unnie. You weren't like this when I met you TT

Me: Lol I wasn't lying about my personality but I'm comfortable with you so shouldn't I be more expressive.

Yerim-ah ^^: You're comfortable with me?

I smiled reading her message and quickly replied.

Me: Yeah, it's kind of hard not to be comfortable with someone you shared a bed with for a night :P

I laughed at my message and continued to take food out to the customers. As I passed up Yeri's table I saw a tint blush on her cheeks when she looked at me it turned even redder. Adorable. I felt a cold chill go up my spine so I looked around to find 3 pair of eyes on me. It was Yeri who had just looked away and two other girl's she was with. I should probably ask them if they need anything before I go back into the kitchen. I walked over to them and put of my best selling smile.

"Everything okay? Can I get you ladies anything?" I asked.

"Um..can I have a refill on my sprite?" the girl with doll like features asked with a smile .

"Me too please?" the girl with cat like eyes piped up.

"Yes, I'll be right back with your drinks," I said taking their empty cups with me into the kitchen.

I refilled their drinks and headed back over to their table and set their drinks down. I smiled at them and went back to my usual duties.

**25 minutes later**

"Can we have the check?" the eldest out of the six of them asked. 

I nodded my head and went to the front desk to grab it. I handed it to her and proceeded to pick up their plates to bring them into the kitchen. Coming out of the kitchen doors I saw Yeri looking around confused.

"You look really lost," I said walking up to her.

"I don't really know where the bathroom is," she said shyly.

"Oh it's down that hallway," I said pointing to the next hallway.

She nodded her head and was about to go but she stopped and turned to look at me.

"Answer my texts..." she said looking at me with tint cheeks.

I nodded my head and pulled out my phone to look as she walked away.

Yerim-ah^^: You make it sound so erted TT

I chuckled to myself and went back to the front counter. Yeri's family walked up to me and handed me the now paid for bill.

"Thank you please come again," I said smiling at a certain brunette.

The one that resembled a doll smiled at me along with the girl that has been been smiling at me since they've got here. Everyone walked out except for them and Yeri.

"The food was really delicious. I'm Wendy and this is Irene and Yeri," she introduced.

"I'm glad you liked it. I'm Alex it's nice to meet you," I said looking up from getting their money in order.

"So you're the one that saved our Yeri yesterday," Wendy said looking pleased.

What's with the looks their giving me.

"Unnie let's just go, your embarrassing me," Yeri said grabbing the both of them and pulling them out the doors.

 

Yeri's POV

I can't believe these embarrassing unnies. Look at Amy unnie like she's a snack.

"Yeri-ah, we just wanted to get to know your 'Saviour unnie'," Wendy unnie said nudging me.

"Donsaeng-ah you sure picked a beautiful one," Irene unnie teased.

My face flushed as I pushed them into the car hiding my blushed cheeks.

Saviour Unnie: You left in a hurry red as a tomato

"Is that her?" Seulgi unnie asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I didn't respond thinking of a response. My train of thought was interrupted by Joy unnie taking my phone from my hands and looking at the message.

"She know's Korean, Yeri found a keeper," she announced making all the unnies reach for my phone.

"Unnies give me back my phone. How can y'all just go through other peoples messages," I stated taking my phone back.

"Does she know who you are?" Seulgi unnie asked.

"Not a clue and I kind of want it to stay that way," I said texting Amy unnie back.

Me: My unnies are being weirder than usual so I had to take them out before they made me even more embarrassed TT

"So far she just thinks were on a family vacation," I continued before sighing.

Saviour Unnie: LOL its okay they were just looking out for you. Since you did spend the night at a stranger's house

I blushed thinking about sleeping next to her again. I'm such a for thinking about being that close to her body. She looks really good in those clothes earlier. I shook my head to push those thought in the back of my mind. Yerim you're an idol you can't fall in love especially when our dating ban isn't up yet.

Me: Are you just saying that to make me feel better?

Saviour Unnie: Maybe a little but the situation is definitely something to raise eyebrows at

Me: Nothing happened to me so your safe to be with

Saviour Unnie: Who says I'm safe to be with. You have to remember even girls can be wolves >.<

I smiled at her text and hid my face in my hands. We pulled up to the hotel and walked to our rooms to be up in the morning for KCON tomarrow. I took a shower and changed into some pajamas then plopped down of the bed in the room. Joy unnie and I share this room while the other 3 share the suite next door and our manager sleeps across the hall.

"Yeri-ah I'm gonna watch tv in the living area. Good night," Joy unnie said closing the door.

I looked at the time and the clock read 11:57pm. I heard my phone ringing on the nightstand. I looked at the name and nearly jumped out of my seat.

"Hello." I said calmly.

"I assume you made it back to your hotel room in one piece," her smooth voice echoed through my eardrums.

"Dae, Amy unnie," I answered trying to hold my smile back.

"That's good. I was wondering when do you leave town?" she asked over a loud crash in the background.

"Damn it! Everytime," I heard her exclaim.

"What was that?" I asked concerned.

"I dropped another of my favorite cups," I could tell she was pouting over the line.

"I leave at the end of the week," I said referring to the question she asked me.

"Oh damn that's like around the corner. I was wondering if you'd like to hangout with me before you leave?" she asked melodically.

"I would love to. I'm free the day after tomarrow." I answered a little too quickly.

I heard her chuckle through the receiver making me melt from just hearing it.

"I'm glad your excited about it. Your sister's can come to if they don't trust me alone with their little sister," she stated.

I giggled, "okay, I'll bring them with me."

"Good then. Goodniight and try not to dream of me too much," she laughed dorkily before hanging up.

I kind of just want you to myself but hanging out together is good too. The unnies are going to be so embarrassing too.