Ch.1

Short Time With You (Hiatus)

***When the text turns this color they'll be speaking korean (hangul)***

 

 

Yeri's POV

Can this day get any worse for me. First the airport lost one of my luggages, second I got into an argument with Joy unnie and now I'm being chased through the streets of Houston,Texas. Man can I just get a break today. As soon as I stepped out of the hotel 30 minutes ago after my argument with unnie I've been running from men clad in all black. Why'd I storm out in the middle of the night. Why didn't I just lock myself in my hotel room for the night. Great job Kim Yerim. Before I realized it I was cornered in an alley way between to sketchy looking buildings. Great. I heard loud shouting and footsteps in the distance. I ducked behind the dumpster to avoid being out in the open. I heard a door open near me and out comes a girl holding a trashbag. "Why is this bag so heavy?" I heard her talk to herself. "Hey you! Have you seen a short korean girl with chesnut colored hair run by here?" A gruff voice boomed through the alley way. "No I just stepped outside to take out this trash." the girl answered while tossing the bag into the large dumpster. I think the group walked away cause I heard faint steps leave. "Such sketchy looking people." the girl mumbled out loud. Now I wait to run back to the hotel. "So are you just gonna hide over there forever or are you coming inside?" she said making my heart jump out of my chest. She walked over to me and offered me her hand to come from behind the bin. "Let's get you inside before they decide to come back." she said pulling me into the building on the left. I stepped inside as she closed the door and locked it.

I followed her not sure what my future may hold. I hope this is my day getting beter and she doesn't turn out to be a sasaeng fan. We walked through a door and I immediately realized this was a cafe. I let my eyes roam around the interior. The room was decorated nicely with wooden tables and burgandy colored booths. She gestered for me to take a seat at the counter. I could smell the scent of coffee and pastries. My stomach growled like I haven't eaten in days. I could tell she heard it due to her lips tugging upwards revealing a slight smile. I watched her make 2 cups of coffee and drawed with the cream. She placed the cup down infront of me and dissapeared into the back. I looked at the coffee and saw she drew a adorable panda bear. Wow this is so cute. Maybe my day is becoming brighter. I took a sip from the mug as she appeared back with a slice of strawberry cake in her hand. She placed it down in front of me and gave a small smile. "I hope you like strawberry cake. It's all I could find that wasn't already thrown out." she stated kindly. While taking a small bite out of the cake I heard her speak, "So what's your name and why were those sketchy guys hunting you down?" I looked up at her slowly wondering how she doesn't recognize my face. Well if she truly doesn't know who I am then let's keep it that way. I'm not really good at speaking english and it takes me awhile to process what people have been saying to me since we got here. "I'm..Kim Yerim." I answered trying not to sound stupid. "Kim..Yerim. Where are you from?" She asked me as I processed her words slowly. "South Korea" I said taking a sip of the warm coffee.

Her face brightened up and smiled. "My name is Amanda Taylor" she said said switching laguages out of the blue. My jaw dropped in shock as Amanda just chuckled at my reaction. "You can speak korean?" I asked out of pure shock. She nodded her head. OMG this will make communicating so much easier.  "How?" I asked genuinely curious. Amanda took a sip out of her mug wetting her pallet before beginning her story. "My dad was in the army and he was stationed a little bit out of the way from Seoul. My mom and I went with him when I was 4 years old. Their was a school at the base and they taught us English and Korean. My dad left the army when I turned 14 and we moved back to Houston. The language was something that just stuck with me since then." she finished her story. "Wow, that's pretty cool." I said amazed. "Now it's my turn to ask a question...why were those guys chasing you?" she asked curious. "They wanted something from me." I said shortly not wanting to go into details. Gotta keep my identity a secret. "Not much of a talker. I respect that." she said dropping the topic. We finished our coffee and cake in silence after that. It was a good type of silence, the kind that's comfortable and warm.

I watched her as she wiped down the counter and swept the floor making everything look brand new. I got a clear look at her face as she cleaned. Amanda's features were feminine and mature.  I wonder how old she is. Her skin was tan almost like caramel. Her hair was brown like chocolate and kinda curly also long in length. Naturally she was taller than me. I noticed she dressed casually in a pair of blue jeans, a red buttoned up shirt complemented with white converse. She dresses neatly. I guess I was to absorbed in looking at her that I didn't notice her so close to me. "Hey, you okay?" she asked concerned when I didn't answer her earlier. "Yes, I just kinda spaced out. Sorry." I apologized coming out of my thoughts. She smiled at me and took my wrist in her hand and walked us out the front door. Amanda locked up the building and led us to a matte black Lexis. She opened the door for me so I went inside quietly. Kim Yeri are you insane! Why are you getting inside her car when you don't even know her?! She's been so kind to me I trust her. So, she could be a wolf underneath all that kindness!! I was arguing with myself internally. I heard the driver's door close and the ignition start. "Seatbelt?" she asked looking at me. "Right.." I replied quickly putting on my seatbelt. I looked through the window watching the night scene as we drove by. I turned my head and stared at Amanda as she drove.  Why am I putting so much trust in you? How do I know your not planning to kill me? What is this? "If you keep staring at me like that I think I might get holes in my head" She laughed keeping her eyes on the road not noticing my embarressed face.

We pulled up to a nice looking apartment complex. Amanda parked and unbuckled her seatbelt then turned to look at me. "Where are we?" I asked suddenly becoming nervous. "My apartment is upstairs." she answered nonchalantly while getting out of the car. I watched as she walked to my side and opened the door. She unbucked my seatbelt and offered me her hand to help me out. We walked up the stairs to a door near the end of the floor. I looked at the room numb.. 2102. She unlocked the door and ushered me inside closing the door behind me. The light flipped on and I took a look around the surprisingly spacious apartment. It was decorated with modern furniture and you could see the kitchen through the vanity. From what I can see she lives alone and is a very clean person. "I kind of acted on impulse bringing you here. I'm sorry if this is an inconvience on you." she apologized turning towards me. "No it's ok" I said immediately out of shock while waving my hands. "I thought bringing you here just for the night would be better since those guys are still out looking for you." Amanda continued looking down at me making ure it was alright. "I really appreciate you helping me." I said unable to look up into her hazel orbs. OMG she's so adorable! How old is she really!

"Are you hungry or thirsty? If you are just tell me I'll make it for you." she asked in a warm voice. I shook my head and she nodded back at me. "It's pretty late, follow me?" she said walking down the hallway and turning inside a room. I followed suit. Woah just who is she? Her wall were white, the bed sheets were maroon and black. To put it simply Amanda's room was kinda boyish but elagant at the same time. She had photos all over her room including on the wall against her bed. I watched her go into her walk in closet and come out with tooth paste, bathing stuff, pajama bottoms and a top. She handed them to me and went to her dresser and grabbed some clothes. "You can shower first." I heard her say as she handed me a towel. Then she pointed to the bathroom and left the room. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth and was about to change into the clothes when I realized the clothes still had tags on them. So thoughtful. I took the tags off and put them on. I exited the bathroom and saw her sitting on the bed waiting paitiently. "I'm finished." I said not sure what to say since we just made weird eye contact. She just smiled at me and enetered the bathroom closing the door behind her.

I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Amanda to come out. I quickly turned my head reacting to the door opening. "Still not asleep yet?" she asked in a playful tone. "I wasn't sure if I'd be sleeping here or on the couch." I said feeling my cheeks flush at the eye contact we just had. "I got the couch just make sure you get a proper nights sleep." She said about to leave the room. "Wait, I'll take the couch after all this is your room-" she cut me off. "Your my guest-" I cut her off. "Fine we can share the bed than." I said happy about my solution. "Alright." she gave up and smiled walking towards the bed. I aid down on the left side of the bed and turned my body away from her. Why'd I suggest this! My heart's beating through my ears. Can she hear it?! I began to hear faint breathing sounds so I turned my body around and saw her fast asleep. Adorable. Just how old are you? Are you an unnie or dongsae? With those thoughts swirling around in my head I eventually fell asleep.

 

That's the 1st chapter of many. I haven't abandoned my other stories but this idea was floating in my mind so I had to bring it out.

Your comments are greatly appreciated ^^

Stay tuned for more... ^^