Being Watched | 4

Being Watched || 2Jae

The sun reached it's peak in the pale blue sky, high and mighty, shining brightly on the civilisation down below. Amongst the busy Friday traffic, people of all ages walked the city streets each heading to different destinations following their own daily schedule–planned or not–unfamiliar faces seeing more unfamiliar faces, that was the daily life of citizens located in Seoul and in other cities around the world. Meeting thousands of people just by simply passing each other on the streets, the high possibility of never meeting them again nor remembering meeting them at all laced in the factual reality, that was how much simple-minded thinking went on in societies of today. Just like everyone else, he was too another unfamiliar face in the nearby crowd of other nameless people and that was what he wanted to remain as. No one passing him really gave a second thought while he stared through the cafe's window. He had grown to his monthly visits to the cafe, he loved the euphoric feel it gave off. Reminding him of his childhood before everything changed. Ignoring the seething bubble of annoyance floating in the back of his mind, he let a small grunt slip through his lips. It was time to do his job–otherwise there will be no amazing pay day this month–tipping his cap so it was resting firmly over his eyes, he pulled the cafe door open, holding it there with his foot as he bent down and picked up two boxes containing Mexican coffee​ beans–which he had placed down earlier–and walked into the cafe. A strong whiff of coffee filled his nostrils, he looked around the cafe admiring the familiar setting, despite the extra weight on his arms. It's walls were pale yellow–which lightened the room with a calming tone–the walls were complimented by white windows and matching mahogany tables and chairs were situated around the room. On each table sat a glass vase of lilac flowers appealing to both the pale and dark colours and finding a light balance between the two contrasts, the counter laid at the back of the room. Seeing the familiar shape of a very familiar boy, a light smile graced his lips–the boy seemed to be getting quite busy with the cafe's peak hour inching closer–the male stood next another male who was serving a customer. He walked over to the extremely busy counter, calling out to the two serving customers, he shouted 'delivery' over the loud chatter. The closest happened to be the very boy he had been staring at a few moments ago, when the worker was within reach of the paper slip resting on the box, he began to check it over before signing it. As he did, the male caught a glance at the others name badge, it said: Yoongi. Once Yoongi had finished, he placed the slip back on the boxes and told the delivery man to place them in the storage room out back. Nodding the man moved away from the counter, letting him get back to his customers before heading towards the door that said, 'STAFF PERMITTED  ONLY.'​ Heading to the storage unit, he opened it with much difficulty before placing the boxes down on the floor. With a sigh of relief, he lifted the top box up revealing a pink envelope laying in between them, swiping it off with his foot he placed the heavy box back down. Leaning down, he collected the letter from the floor and continued his monthly routine towards the staffs male lockers, heading straight for locker number sixteen. He opened it with his gloved hands before placing it nicely in his locker. Closing it he headed back out through the doors leading back into the lively cafe, giving a light tip of his cap to Yoongi when the latter caught his eye. Without stopping or looking back once, he headed out of the cafe carrying the paper slip figuring he had already been there for too long and any more time spent standing idly would be unnecessary. The man had only started this job with simple intentions–delivering what was necessary to the chosen target and earning money from it–but when his eyes came across Yoongihis target's co-worker, his plans changed dramatically and he always found himself letting his attention drift away towards the handsome blonde haired male. The said man walked straight to his company's van which had the name 'Extreme Deliveries' labelled on both sides in big bold letters. With the roar of the engine he set off to his final destination, looking through his side mirror he watched the cafe slowly disappear from his sight. An excited grin of nothing but satisfaction plastered on his face. Today he had achieved two things; one he had earned himself his monthly pay and two he had learnt the name of his new obsession. The man couldn't help but think of how lucky he had been today as he drove off to his next stop.

~•~

Youngjae sighed of relief his ten hour shift had finally ended, removing his apron he hung it before signing off and heading into the back to change his clothes. Walking to his locker, number sixteen, he opened it and took out his shirt revealing a familiar pink envelope. The stalker had struck again and he had no idea how or most importantly, when. Youngjae slowly reached for the envelope with a shaky grasp, almost afraid to see it's inside contents. Slipping his finger under the flap he opened the envelope, inside was a folded letter behind it three polaroid pictures. He eyed the letter, usually he only received a short message on a sticky note, but this time he had received a A4 page Youngjae knew something was up. Removing the letter, he opened it letting what was written on the paper sink in word for word and his heart turned cold.

 

♥ Dear my beloved Youngjae, 

I am writing this letter to you in hopes that it will clear up where we–more so, you–stand as I would hate to have you suffer the consequences without even realising what you have done! 

(Which I will go into more details later, hunny~)

Basically what I am trying to say is that I won't hesitate to hurt someone you treasure and love. But even though I would die to see your tear-stricken face and the way your body would tremble as I made you watch your loved one perish before your own eyes, I think it's way too early for me to do such a thing–that is just yet. 

I mean unless you keep pushing me to do so, then it will come sooner than you think.

So when and if that time does come–and it will trust me–I already have the perfect victim to sacrifice~.

♥ So I really do hope you love my choice!~ 

Now on to the reason as to why I am writing this letter, I know what you did and I'm not happy. So I wanted to ask, did you think you could get rid of me? Because once I find interest in something–or someone–I don't back off. 

♥ You are mine now and only mine and i will do anything to keep it this way. 

So do not act up again or you'll most likely regret it, sweetie. 

Anyways moving on, let's not let this hinder our relationship as I really treasure you more than you actually realise and despite what you did, I forgave you immediately because even with that sullen, nerve wrenching look on your face, you still get me so excited–it's absolutely indescribable the effect you have on me. It makes me wonder what it would be like to have you writhing underneath me, out my name.

So let me ask you, isn't it the same for you? 

I know I can be a bit overwhelming at first, I naturally have that effect on people. But I truly think you will be happy when you see who I am. Maybe we could even reminisce our first meeting together, if you wished?

I'll be watching!

♥ Love your beloved admirer!~ 

P.s. Don't forget that you are mine, and if I see a single mark on you before we meet it will not go unpunished.

 

Youngjae felt his heart get stuck in his throat, he dreadfully pulled the polaroids that were resting in the envelope out, an uneasiness surrounding him. He prayed that they were not of his recent visit to the police station with Jinyoung–though he knew by the letter it had everything to do with it. His hopes began to falter when he saw what was printed upon the first polaroid picture, it was of Jinyoung and Youngjae walking to the station–Youngjae wore a grave expression as Jinyoung had his arm around the latter's shoulder. Flipping to the second picture, he saw it was taken from the inside of the police station when the two of them were talking to Officer's Sehun and Jongin. But it was the last picture that made Youngjae's heart drop immediately from his throat and straight into his stomach, the picture was of Jinyoung's apartment building, Jinyoung could be seen trying to enter at the front door. Had I put Jinyoung's life in danger? Was he the chosen 'target'? Youngjae thought, he didn't know if he could handle something happening to his best friend, the only person who believed him–someone he truly treasured–Youngjae knew he could not lose Jinyoung. This meant there was only one thing left that he had to do and that was to find out who is his stalker, even if it meant putting himself in danger–and quite possibly endangering those around him, just as the letter had threatened–but he had to protect his friends and family, he felt as if it was an unspoken duty, thus he had no choice. Once he was dressed, he hurried out of the store bidding a quick goodbye to his fellow co-worker, Min Yoongi. As soon as Youngjae got home, he ran straight to his room. Kneeling down by his bed, he grabbed a box from under it. Taking it into the living room, he opened it revealing four more opened pink envelopes. Youngjae collected them in a cluster and ed them in his bag without a care, they laid at the bottom amongst them, the one he received today. Zipping it up and sneaking out of his house, quietly letting the door drift closed behind him. Not forgetting to lock the door handle from the inside and not waste his time with the bolt lock on the door as it would give the stalker time to register that he was heading somewhere. With that he crawled out of his garden and waited until he was clear of his home before he set off to the police station in a sprint. It was a five minute run to the closest bus stop and when he got there, he was blessed by the heavens. As soon as he stepped on the bus and tagged himself on, the bus had already closed it's doors leaving Youngjae with a sense of relief as he took a seat by the window and stared out as they moved further away from his stalker and closer into the city center.

Youngjae sat in a chair opposite Officer Im in silence, since his arrival neither had spoken. Youngjae had too much on his mind, he trying to think of why he came and what to say despite the warning. It had only just dawned on him that the letter had mentioned a clue, a major clue. He had met his admirer–if he could even call him that, creep felt more appropriate–before, meaning he knew what he looked like and that left so much pressure on his shoulder's. If they had any hope of catching this guy, Youngjae was their only hope, he had physically met the weirdo prior to the stalking and most likely knew what had caused it. But no matter how much he tried Youngjae could not think of a time where he had involved himself with a stranger, via online or in person, which could have left such an impression on them–enough to actually stalk him and know everything they could about him–as if he was asking for it to happen. Youngjae groaned ruffling his already messy hair, before going through his bag and slamming the notes down in front of Jaebum.

"These are the rest of them...I-i also received one today."

Jaebum on the other hand had been quiet because he felt to an extent the predicament the younger was caught in and although he did not know the details he knew enough by the latter's expression to let him be the first to speak. 

"Oh?"

"It was–is...a little too much for me to handle this time. I just really needed the comfort from an officer," Youngjae refrained from using 'you', "they threaten to hurt the people i lov-" 

Youngjae's words got caught in his throat, "please just read it."

Jaebum nodded with a frown before taking the note that Youngjae had picked up for him, reading it he felt the goosebumps rise on his forearms. 

"I think it's best if you don't come here for a little while. Let them cool down a bit before contacting me. We'll talk then."

"But I'm here now. I don't feel comfortable living on my own. My friends in danger and I wouldn't want my aunt to be in the same predicament." Youngjae plead with his whole body, "please don't leave me alone, I came here despite the warnings. What if they find out?" 

Jaebum sighed, contemplating his choices before deciding with a firm nod, "a week."

Youngjae looked confused, "a week?"

"Yes give it a week, stay with a friend or your aunt for a week. Just until things calm down, then if it is okay with the higher up's I will have an officer constantly around you, undercover for a few weeks."

Youngjae bolted from his seat, "it has to be you! I don't trust no one else but you!"

By the time he had registered what left his mouth he was a blushing mess, he didn't understand why he was embarrassed. It was not as if he had just confessed his love, but it most certainly felt like it. Luckily his outburst had not been in the main area where the officers worked, but a closed off room used for questioning. Slowly sinking back into his seat, he apologised for his outburst.

"Sorry, I don't usually act like that. It-its just I feel comfortable around you and would prefer in trusting that you have my back rather than some stranger. But, I understand if its not possible..."

Jaebum cleared his throat, lightly scratching his head, "although I can not guarantee being the officer who will look out for you. I can guarantee from the evidence you've given me today that I will be able to ensure that you will have someone around you at all times."

Youngjae sighed of relief, letting his shoulders relax at the thought of having another watching his back. But he desperately hoped that it was Officer Im and no one else. Youngjae fell limp at the thought of it being a stranger and it made him uncomfortable, so he tried to brush it off. Jaebum felt the other needed a little space and decided to leave the room to make the call.

Youngjae had probably been waiting for Officer Im to come back for fifteen minutes or so, the officer had told him he was going to propose the idea to the higher ups and let them make the decision while Youngjae was still at the station. After another five minutes had passed Youngjae lifted his head when he heard the door handle being turned. He hoped in anticipation that it was Officer Im and not some stranger wanting to use the room. He sighed of relief when his chocolate eyes met the other familiar pair of brown chocolatey eyes that seemed to melt his troubles away, Jaebum's eyes. The officer wore a straight face and he couldn't tell if he came with good or bad news and it made Youngjae's stomach swell, the anxiety of him believing it was impossible after all and that he couldn't be his 'bodyguard' made him want to puke. Youngjae felt safe in the other's presence and he had no idea why, so he knew he would be disappointed if Officer Im could not be the one to watch out for him.

"So, I just got off the phone and..." it was as if time had slowed down near enough to a complete stop as the next words were spoken, when his brain couldn't process them he shook his head before asking him to repeat.

"I said, they are allowing your case to be priority in our unit until another big case comes in, then we have to work to handle both, but this means that we are able to let someone live with you at your house for two months. If anything happens before the two months are over and your stalker is still on the loose then it will be pushed back to a longer period, but if nothing happens then I was told that we must post-pone the case until further notice–this could mean until you receive another letter or have more strange activity. Do you understand?"

Youngjae groaned but asked with hopeful eyes, "I understand. But er-who will be the one staying with me?"

"Well, it is too early to determine–but it definitely seems as though it will be me. It seems that the other's are falling behind on both their reports and profiles." 

Jaebum chuckled at the thought of his crew struggling to finish their work before the deadline in three weeks time as he sat back in his chair watching them suffer. Jaebum had pulled multiple all nighters to finish his work prior, giving him more time in the long run.

"So I will see you in a week's time?" the younger asked.

"Yes, Mr Choi. You will."

 

A/n: Hey guys, sorry for the wait! This is the fourth chapter, what did you think? Was it a bit boring? The next few chapter's will be better, promise!! So do you have an idea who the 'delivery' guy is? Any suspicions on who the overall 'admirer' is? Feel free to comment and let me know~. Anyways, Thank you for reading and thank you to all the new subbers! <3 Until next time!~

 

Word Count: 3042