5.

Attachment

 

Chapter 5.

Thankful.

 

 

Sung-hye woke up the next day with a slight pulse in her head. Despite the mild headache she had, she sat up and gave a long sigh. Staring at the roof of her home, she wondered what had happened last night. Before she could remember, she heard a movement in the room and got up slowly, staring at the sleeping man on her armchair. She recalled then that her family was not home and was away. She felt her emotions run as she watched Jonghyun sleeping in an uncomfortable position before picking up the blanket off her and went to him slowly. 

 

Her vision blurred slightly but she felt better than she was yesterday. She carefully draped the blanket on him and tucked him in, biting her lip. She stretched tiredly and watched him a bit more before she went over to her room upstairs and washed up. She stared at her face after a quick shower and change, looking at herself and applied some chapstick on her cracked lips. 

 

She slowly head down, grabbing the bag of medicine off the coffee table before she realised that the armchair was empty. She looked around and saw the guest toilet was closed shut. Sung-hye took it as Jonghyun was washing up, prepping a face towel and body towel, putting it at the table near the guest toilet. A while later after she had put the porridge to cook on the stove, she heard the footsteps walking over to the dining table. 

 

"You are up.." Jonghyun simply said, standing over the dining table that was set up for breakfast. 

 

"So are you," She replied, clearing a bit, "Sit down and have some breakfast." 

 

Jonghyun proceeded to sit down, watching her as she brought the pot of porridge over to the dining table and open the lid. Steam came out and the whole dining hall was filled the smell of chicken and mushroom. She took a bowl and poured some porridge into it before serving to Jonghyun. Jonghyun took it and gave a small thank you to her, waiting for her to settle down and eat together. 

 

There was an awkward silence between the two as both of them ate the porridge. Jonghyun glanced at her and saw how her cheeks had some colour, feeling relieved that she was alright. Sung-hye continued eating, biting her inner lip now and then. Her mind was thinking of what to say. She wanted to thank him but she wanted to hold back as well. She was afraid what would be the outcome of this but at the same time, she was curious. 

 

"About last night..." She began, biting her inner lip and put her spoon down, "Thank you for helping me," 

 

"It's okay..." Jonghyun said, drinking some water, "Are you feeling better?" 

 

"Slightly," She said, watching Jonghyun who was eating. 

 

"Really?" He put his spoon down and swallowed the porridge, looking up at her. 

 

Sung-hye blinked when Jonghyun started watching her, her cheeks turning a tint redder. Jonghyun noticed and bit his lip to keep himself from smiling at her reaction. He watched her more, noticing the small little things on her face. The slight freckles on her nose to her small mole on her right ear. He noticed the colour of her hair, how it reminds him of autumn leaves. He felt his heart racing and beating in his ear as he focused his eyes on her, noticing more of the tiny features that he hadn't notice before. 

 

Sung-hye felt embarassed and her skin was turning red as well. She looked at the table and realise there was something missing, her head slightly spinning. 

 

"D-do you want coffee?" Sung-hye stammered, getting up quickly and turned away from Jonghyun's eyes. 

 

Jonghyun blinked and watched her move, biting his lip and replied a Yes to her question. He realise he was making her uncomfortable and pulled away, slouching on the chair. He felt his cheeks turned red in embarassment and glance at his phone. He saw the missed calls and texts from the members and managers, wondering what was happening. He read his messages slowly. 

 

Sung-hye saw that he was reading his messages, sighing a silent breath of relief. She set the coffee down and let him read, clearing the dishes and washed them slowly. Her mind was slightly fuzzy and wondered if he would leave anytime soon, biting her lip at the idea and felt a bit of her soul broke inside. She cleaned and dry them up before she heard the chair moved. 

 

"Are you free?" Jonghyun asked as she was drying her hands. 

 

"I need some rest..." She mumbled, biting her lip at her sudden answer. 

 

"Ah...yes," Jonghyun felt a little down at her answer, "What about later?" 

 

"Later?" She mumbled, wondering what was he doing. 

 

"Yes..." He said, "You may rest but let me bring you out to have lunch?" 

 

"Lunch?" She muttered, a little skeptical about the idea. 

 

Jonghyun looked at her and wondered if it was alright. Then he realised that the idea of asking her out this way was wrong. He had to think of how to make-up for his sudden mistake. He knows how she would only keep things professional, as discussed with her director the day when they first met. 

 

"We can discuss work over lunch..." He corrected himself. 

 

Sung-hye nodded and gave a small smile, "Oh... Okay," 

 

Jonghyun saw her smile and couldn't help but smile as well. He bit his lip and looked at his phone before making his way backwards slowly and went to collect his stuff. Sung-hye wiped the table and saw that he was going to leave, her heart dropped slightly but she remembered they will be meeting up later. Jonghyun collected his jacket and proceeded to the front door. Sung-hye followed him, biting her lip. 

 

"You are leaving?" She asked him, reaching over to open the front door. 

 

Jonghyun stopped her, grabbing her wrist. Sung-hye blinked at the close proximity and looked at him who turned and took another step to her. She straightened up and bit her lip, her red cheeks flashing in front of him. Jonghyun felt the need to brush his fingers on her cheek, his other hand holding back till his nails turn pale. Jonghyun cleared his throat when the atmosphere felt too intense and took a step back. 

 

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled and let go of her wrist, "I was... I could head out myself," 

 

"Oh..." Sung-hye muttered and gave way to him.  

 

"I'll call you... later." Jonghyun muttered, looking at her and stepped outside. 

 

Sung-hye sighed and bit his lip, "Ah...Of course," 

 

Jonghyun took a step forward and bit his lip. He lifted his hand and reached for Sung-hye who froze and looked at him. Sung-hye blinked and looked at Jonghyun as he suddenly brushed his fingers on her cheek gently. She felt her cheeks turned red and blinked, looking at him more. He bit his lip hard and caress her cheek fondly, watching her. 

 

"J-Jonghyun sshi.." Sung-hye breathed, biting her lip hard and watched him. 

 

Jonghyun blinked and bit his lip, pulling away and muttered an apology. He backed away and looked down at his hands, closing his fingers in his palms. 

 

"I'll...call," He said, walking away quickly and got into the car and drove away. 

 

Sung-hye watched as he left and bit her lip. She felt her cheeks flushed red and covered her face, taking deep breaths before going in and shut the door. 

 

 

* * * * * *

 

Sung-hye woke up from her sleep, groaning when she felt her phone ringing under her pillow. Her head was feeling better and her eyes was blinded for a while by the sunrays going through her curtains. She felt the vibration stop and got up slowly, taking another round of medicine down into her system. She rubbed her forehead slightly before looking at her phone. 

 

"Are you awake?" 

 

She saw the sender was from Jonghyun and blinked, remembering that they had plans for lunch. She texted back and got up gently, heading to the closet. She searched for clothes to wear, biting her lip. She started digging through, wondering which was better. She never once had problems thinking of what to wear for work or anything. Sung-hye picked her best outfit, wearing a long skirt and a white t-shirt, grabbing a jacket as well. 

 

She read the text to see the place and time of where they will meet. Hugging her laptop bag to her, she glanced at the street, waiting for the bus.A few minutes of waiting and the bus came, boarding the bus. She sat by the window and looked out, texting back to say she was on the way over. 

 

Jonghyun had gotten on to his van, waiting for his manager to come and drive him over. He read the text that he received and smile softly, biting his inner lip to himself. He wanted to text her more but he was trying not to look too attached to her. However, his heart was racing slightly and he had the urge to see her more often. He bit his lip and realised he didn't bring the documents for the meeting, slapping his forehead at the frustration. 

 

"Hyung!" 

 

He looked up at the tall guy who just helped himself in to the van. He groaned and glanced at him. 

 

"Yah.... Don't you have an appointment to go to?" 

 

"Ah... hyung... Thats later in the evening," The younger guy replied, nudging his arm at him abit, "Why? Is there someone you are meeting?" 

 

Jonghyun blushed at the thought of what he said and shook his head so that it wouldn't look too obvious. He bit his lip and looked at younger one who didn't seem to catch his red cheeks. He bit his lip and looked away, staring out at the window. 

 

"Aren't you leaving? I thought you said you will head back to the dorm with the rest?" 

 

"I figured it would be boring so I want to spend some time with hyung," He grinned, chuckling cutely. 

 

"Aish...." Jonghyun groaned in frustration. 

 

"Hyung... are you going for lunch? I'll join you okay?" 

 

"Aish.... Go and eat on your own, Choi Minho!" 

 

Minho grinned at the frustrated Jonghyun and smile brightly as he closed the door after the manager got into the driver seat. Jonghyun groaned inside and bit his lip as the van started up and left the venue of where they were at.