4.

Attachment

Chapter 4.

Worry.

 

Sung-hye felt her whole body getting heavy and stuffy. She rubbed her forehead as she tried to do her work well, trying to focus. An impending headache was annoying her and she couldn't get it away from her. She looked at the time and packed her stuff, the office was again, quiet and still. Everyone had left since two hours ago. She slowly packed her stuff and kept her laptop with her. She grabbed her jacket and slowly made her way to the front door. 

 

With shaky hands, she locked the place up and shivered slightly. A sudden shiver of cold sweat came through her and she bit her lip, trying to walk to the lift. She waited for a bit, rubbing her exhausted eyes. 

 

Why...Why do I feel sick... 

 

She rubbed her head more and frowned slightly. She lowered herself against the lobby wall. The numbers on the elevator screen went up slower than before. Sung-hye felt like she couldn't breathe, her cold sweat was felt through her clothes. Her lips slowly turned pale as time flew. Her hands reached for her phone in her pocket as she tried to dial the first number that was in her call list. 

 

She could barely stay awake as she press the speaker and the soft ringing of the other line rang through the lobby. She prayed hard, trying to stay up against the wall of the lobby. Her eyes was slowly losing focus and she was starting to see black spots in her vision. 

 

"Hello? Sung-hye sshi?" 

 

She took a deep breath and whispered weakly, "Help me..." 

 

The voice on the other line suddenly went still before answering, "Where are you?! Are you okay?!" 

 

"L-lobby..." Sung-hye mumbled, her vision was filled with black spots before darkeness welcomed her in. 

 

Her whole body slumped forward and she collapsed on the cold marble floor of the lobby. The caller on the other line suddenly raised his voice, alarmed and worried over the lady who didn't answered anymore. 

 

Jonghyun was driving went he received a call from Sung-hye. His heart skipped a beat at her caller ID on his phone. They had planned another follow up on his book, knowing it was his deadline soon. He brought the finished copy in his leather bag that was on the passenger seat. He had stopped by to buy some snacks when his phone rang. 

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Help me..." 

 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows at the sound of her voice. His mind took him to imagine what was happening to her. His legs began to run forth, running to the car as he tried to keep on the phone with her. He started the car, knowing he was closeby to where she was. He panted and started driving out, the needle on his dashboard running to the right as he speed down the streets. 

 

"Where are you?! Are you okay?!" 

 

"L-lobby...." 

 

He heard a faint thump on the other line then. 

 

"Sung-hye sshi? Sung-hye ah!" 

 

His car swerved in to the carpark and he ran out quickly. He locked his car and rush to the lobby, his finger jabbing the button fast. He bit his lip when he saw the numbers wouldn't go down as fast, finding for the emergency staircase and ran up the stairs as fast as he could. His heart beat fast, his mind was full of worry and concern. He hoped he wasn't too late, relieved past him as he saw the number 3 on the 4th flight of stairs. 

 

His hands got clammy as he burst through the door and push through. He rushed to the lobby and saw her past out on the floor. 

 

"Sung-hye?! Sung-hye!" He went on his knees and checked on her. 

 

He lifted her up gently and caress her cheek slightly, wiping off the sweat. He felt her whole body burning up and his hand jerked slightly back at the temperature of her skin. He cursed and wondered why did she pushed herself so hard, lifting her up and got her up on his back, carrying her stuff and brought her down. He ran out, bringing her to his car and gently put her on the passenger seat. He bit his lip and rushed her to the hospital. 

 

The whole ride, he couldn't focus on anything else except her. He held her hand tight and prayed that she would be fine and alright. He bit his lip and turned sharply into the hospital, stopping in front of the Emergency entrance. He dashed out and caught a nurse's hand, asking her for help. The nurse helped him, not recognising him as he was wearing a mask and showed her to Sung-hye. He carried her out as the nurse seek other nurses who help to lead Jonghyun to an available bed. 

 

An hour later, Jonghyun sat beside the bed in the crowded Emergency room. He pull the curtains around Sung-hye's bed as she was medicated through a IV drip. He sighed heavily and removed his mask slightly, breathing in stale air of the medications. He looked at her as she lay there still, recovering from the faint spells. The doctor had told him that she was having a high fever and her body was not doing so well. He noted also that this could have been triggered by factors and one of them was stress. 

 

Jonghyun sighed and felt his heavy heart ache. He wondered if he was giving her stress, his mind was not functioning well. He rubbed his face gently and bit his lip hard, waiting patiently. He leaned back and close his eyes, taking a short nap as he waited for her to wake. He crossed his arms and watched her peaceful sleeping face until he eventually fell asleep. 

 

He woke up a while later...to a nurse staring hard at him. 

 

He blinked and realise he was not wearing his mask, biting his lip and put a finger to his lip. The nurse nodded and let Jonghyun wear the mask, promised to not tell anyone of his presence here. He glanced at the sitting figure on the bed and looked at her gently. 

 

"How are you feeling?" 

 

Sung-hye felt a bit embarassed. Her cheeks were warm and red when Jonghyun finally woke up and came closer to her. She brushed her hair back behind her ears and answered. 

 

"Better now.." 

 

"Thats a relief.." Jonghyun sighed softly and let the nurse excuse herself out. 

 

Jonghyun made sure that no one else was watching and draw the curtains closed. He removed his mask again once it felt safe to, looking at Sung-hye quietly. Sung-hye blinked and realised who was sitting by her bed. felt dry as she tried to think of something to say professionally. She watched as Jonghyun settled down in the chair beside her and reached for a cup. Pouring some water in the cup, he passed it to her carefully. 

 

She took it and took a sip. She gave back the cup to him and he poured another. The silence drawn was awkward and still within the drawn curtains. Jonghyun stood up and hid his face when a nurse came in, quickly hiding his face with his mask. The nurse check on her and gave her some medicine before stating that the doctor will be coming soon to check on her condition before she is allowed to leave. 

 

Jonghyun picked up her stuff quickly. Sung-hye got up slowly and frowned when she watched him packed her stuff. She tried to reach for it, mumbling. 

 

"I'll do-

 

"It's okay..." Jonghyun mumbled as he wore his disguise and push the curtains back. He moved quietly through the Emergency Room and made his way out of the hospital. 

 

Sung-hye followed closely behind and got into the car. Jonghyun slid in a while later and started the car quickly, turning on the air-conditioner. She watched as he drove out quietly, letting her rest on the passenger seat. Jonghyun drove a while more before reaching her place and parked in front of it. 

 

"You should go in and rest.." Jonghyun replied, biting his lip and contemplated a bit. 

 

"Neh..." Sung-hye mumbled, slowly heading out of the car. 

 

Jonghyun watched her move slowly and sighed, coming out of his side and went over to hers. He picked her up slowly and wrapped her arm around his neck. His arm supported her around her waist and slowly he brought her in. Sung-hye blinked and let Jonghyun support her weight, her legs slightly weak. She forgot that her family might be home before stopping him slightly at the main gate. 

 

"Jonghyun-sshi.." 

 

"Whats up?" 

 

"I...I can go in from here.." 

 

"A-Are you sure?" Jonghyun asked and glance at her, realising how close the distance between the both of them. 

 

Sung-hye looked up and blinked, biting her lip when she realise he was so close. She felt her cheeks turn red and she bit her lip, blinking when her phone started ringing. Her hands fumbled in her pocket to find for the ringing device before she looked away quickly and answered the call. 

 

"Hello?" 

 

"Oh! Sung-hye ah... Umma here. We won't be around for 2 days though. Your appa decided to take on a road trip to visit Halmonim in the countryside and we are helping her with her harvest. Are you able to handle yourself alone?" 

 

Sung-hye blinked and bit her lip, feeling her head spin slightly, "O-oh...okay.." 

 

"Are you okay, sweetie? You sound unwell." 

 

"I'm fine... Just tired. Okay Umma, have a good time and see you back in 2 days.." 

 

"You too, honey. I love you." 

 

"Me too," 

 

"Who's that?" Jonghyun asked 5 seconds later. 

 

Sung-hye almost forgot he was standing beside her and mumbled, looking at her phone and checked her messages slightly. Her head started spinning again and she felt her knees give way slight. Jonghyun caught her and held her close, sighing. 

 

"You need to head in and rest.." He said, "Is there anyone at home now?" 

 

She tried to lie but she felt her knees grew weaker and she shook her head as she leaned against him for support. Jonghyun sighed heavily and lifted her gently, bringing her into the house quickly. He fumbled slightly with the light switch and flip it on, the light lit up the whole house. He carried her to the sofa and set her down, running back out to the car and take the medicine that was prescribed to her and gave her some fresh water, letting her drink with his help.

 

"I'll stay here tonight..." Jonghyun said after helpong her put her cup down. 

 

"W-what...? N-no.." Sung-hye stammered, her head spinning slightly. 

 

Jonghyun watched her, his eyebrows locked in the center. He chewed on his lower lip slightly and set her down gently on the sofa. Sung-hye rested her head on the cushions and close her eyes tight, resting her heavy head for a bit. 

 

Jonghyun let her rest, positioning her legs to curl comfortably on the sofa. He got up and looked around, trying to find a blanket to cover her up. He glance at the only room nearby, getting up and went to get a blanket. 

 

He came back a few minutes later, laying a blanket over her and arrange the pillows gently under her head. He watched her shift herself in her sleep, getting comfy on the sofa. 

 

He yawned suddenly, his eyes getting tired as well. He glance around, settling on the armchair and hugged a pillow close. He watched her tiredly, the clock on the living room ticking by slowly until it became echoes in his dream. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. Apologies for not having to update much lately! Was drowning in my work and it is only the beginning of the year and not even a month into 2017 yet! Oh well! I will update as soon as I can so please give your love and support!