CHAPTER 06

The Last Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER SIX

Victoria huffed and puffed annoyingly. Eventually, her spell had gone less frequent and more desperate. His nephew, whom she just met yesterday, was hoping for her success to bring his mother back, and she was failing him. Fair to say, it wasn’t her fault because how was she supposed to know that Jieun would be having an identity crisis in this bloody boring world?

“Jieun. I need you to stay with me.” Victoria said as she brought her face closer to the other woman’s. She needed Jieun to be the Jieun that she was supposed to take back into the real world, into the body that was laying on the ground in the Crescent Moon Manor’s living room.

Jieun’s eyes opened cautiously. “Are you going to take me to my baby now?”

Victoria closed her eyes and breathed out slowly. Her vampire self was getting impatient with all this nonsense that spluttered out from Jieun’s lips. Who are you supposed to be, Jieun?

“Yes, I’m going to take you to your son. His name is Wooseok and he is waiting for you.”

Jieun shook her head constantly. “No, I need to see Anna!”

“Jieun, snap out of it!” Victoria slapped Jieun on the face. “The witch is going to take your son away! The witch is going to take Wooseok away! And we are going to stop them!”

Jieun jolted herself up on the bed. She shook her head furiously and held the side of her temple. “Argh!” She winced.

“Jieun, look at me.” Victoria ordered, and Jieun’s weak gaze met hers. “Do you know who I am?”

Jieun didn’t answer.

“Ok, this whole thing is actually harder than I thought.” Victoria leaned her head back and muttered to herself.

“Victoria.” Jieun suddenly called out through her parted lips as she pressed her palm against the side of her head.

"Finally!” Victoria chided as she held onto Jieun’s shoulders, shaking them slightly.

Jieun looked around her. “What are you doing in the Other Side?”

“I’m here to get you out of here.” Victoria told the younger woman. “Listen, there seems to be another soul who’s trying to get through you, so try to stay with me.”

Jieun’s eyes suddenly found the black journal that she had read earlier. It was sitting nicely on the desk, like it hadn’t been touched. “Wait!” She shouted and walked to the desk. She stumbled against the ground but Victoria had caught her arm. Putting the journal in her coat pocket, Jieun looked at Victoria and nodded her head.

“I’m not sure if you can steal from this world, but ok.” Victoria shrugged. “Let’s get out of here.”

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

 “Wait. Why are they fighting?” Jinho asked Changgu as the latter made his way back to the pack members, who were all waiting anxiously around the still unconscious Jieun and Victoria.

“The witches. They’re casting spells on us so we would turn.” Changgu paused as he looked at his friends. “But we’re not turning because we’re inside the house. We’re only safe in this house.”

“Of course. Wooseok protected the house, remember?” Hui had said.

Changgu bit his lips and ruffled his hair in distressed. “Hongseok and Noona are white. Those are not their wolves.” He shook his head.

The rest were trying to understand him, and they understood as soon as they saw Hongseok and Gayoon from the window. Hongseok’s wolf was supposed to have a streak of grey and white, and Gayoon was supposed to be black.

“They’re not what I think they are, are they?” Shinwon asked.

“Vargulf.” Yuto breathed out. He was the last added member to the pack and although he hasn’t been a werewolf for long, he had once encountered with a Vargulf—a physically and mentally unstable white fur werewolf.

Vargulf were created when a werewolf transformed without the full moon and they would risk becoming mentally and physically unstable, since the wolf was connected to the phases of the moon. Even Alpha werewolves, those were strong enough and capable to transform without the full moon, would go slightly insane when they turned without it.

“So, what do we do?” Kino asked.

“I think I can do something.” Wooseok suddenly erupted.

“No, Wooseok. It’s too risky.” Jinho warned the tall guy.

“But what if they ended up killing each other?” Wooseok questioned, getting more impatient as the time ticked. Just like everyone else, he too was scared of the thundering growls and murderous thumps that were going on outside the house. With Victoria still being unconscious, he was their only chance to save the situation.

“What’s going on?” A sudden voice caused all the heads to turn towards it. It was Jieun, sitting upright on the floor and still holding onto the side of her head.

Wooseok made his way to his mother and hugged her. Jieun wished she could stay in her son’s warm embrace forever but something was wrong. She could smell it even with such a murderous headache. She had never had such a bad headache in her entire life. “Where’s Hongseok?” She asked everyone as Wooseok loosened his embrace.

“Hongseok and Noona…they’re fighting against Kris and Han.” Changgu had answered his Alpha.

“What?!” Victoria screeched. “I’ve only been gone for few hours and they’re killing each other already?”

“The witches. They’re here. And they’ve casted a spell on Hongseok and my sister.” Explained Changgu.

Few seconds later, Jieun was standing outside the house. She ran and stepped in front of the battered and bloodied Kris and Han, as she roared supremely at Hongseok and Gayoon. The latter pair stopped fighting but they did not seem to hesitate to go against their Alpha. Their eyes were bright in yellow and angrily glistened like every other Vargulf Jieun had ever come across. Their bodies were bigger than normal werewolves, but their stances were weaker. It would only be possible for Jieun to break through into their Vargulf’s minds if they hadn’t completely lost their human consciences.

Jieun growled and moved forward, provoking the two current strangers of her family. Come on, guys. You’re stronger than this. She spoke in her mind. Yet her instinct said they were not going to submit to her command. Not while they were Vargulfs. She realised, at that very moment, she wasn’t their Alpha.

In a very fast motion, Hongseok had taken a leap towards Jieun. Although she was faster, as she brought her small yet powerful hand to the wolf’s neck and flipped it over to the ground.

“Fight it, Hongseok!” She bellowed, trying to find her brother’s eyes inside those angry gazes.

Gayoon was about to jump on Jie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter