CHAPTER 05

The Last Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

With what was happening to Lilah, Joanna had no choice but to make a U-turn and stayed at their friend’s house in south of London until the sun rose. Truth was, they knew that Lilah wasn’t going to make it, but Makaila had insisted on including her little sister in the trip.

Lilah’s final breath had been merciful despite all the offenses she had caused during her lifetime. For a moment, Makaila had lost her mind with the grief of mistakes she had made and the chances she had missed, but she won’t cry. Lilah had done right by her and their family, and to give up would mean she let her little sister died for nothing.

Lilah’s death had made Makaila the last living witch of the Cohen bloodline, and she must continue their family’s legacy: to wipe out every each and one of Diana St John’s descendants.

The knocks on the door startled Makaila’s thought.

Haru, the host who was also a witch, went to get the door. She let another two familiar witches into her house. They greeted everyone and hugged Makaila, expressing their consciences for what happened to her sister.

“We’re ready to join you.” The oldest one of the two sisters had said. Wendy was the oldest and Jane was the youngest, and like Makaila and Lilah, they also came from another set of a powerful witch’s family.

Apart from Makaila, the rest had the same intention and that was to get their revenge on the Wu family–the Originals—the last three of the very first vampires in existence. Victoria, Han and worst of all, Kris had ruled the city once upon a time ago, and they had all lost at least a family member because of them. Just like the werewolves, the witches also hated them with passion. Most of all, knowing that Kris had a child disgusted them.     

“We have to go for plan B.” Aaron denounced, making heads turned towards him.

 

♛♛♛♛♛

 

Yuto went to sit next to Wooseok around the island in the kitchen, as he watched his best friend stared into the worn leather cover of the grimoire. Yuto knew that Wooseok had studied the spells and almost certainly memorised at least half of the book, but still, Wooseok was merely a fresh witch. He still had a lot to learn. “She’ll be ok.” Yuto began.

Wooseok dropped his head and let out a silent breath. Everyone kept telling him the same phrase and although he appreciated their concerns, none had successfully put his mind at ease. He was yet to get any of the spells working and it has been almost eight hours ever since Jieun last talked to him, and eight hours since he found out that his father was still alive in this world.

“What is he like?” Wooseok suddenly asked Yuto.

Yuto was at first taken aback by Wooseok’s question. Of course Wooseok would be curious about his father. “He’s actually just half of what people say he is.” He calmly told his friend.

Wooseok spun his head to get a good look at the other guy. “And what’s that?”

“You’ll learn about him in time.” Yuto smiled.

Wooseok shrugged. “I don’t know…I’m still trying to consume the fact that my dad isn’t actually dead.”  

“Technically, he is dead. So, your mum wasn’t lying to you.”

Wooseok frowned as he glanced at Yuto’s face, wondering if his Japanese best friend was trying to make him laugh. 

“Well, he’s a vampire. He must have died at least once, right?” Yuto attempted once again.

Wooseok pursed his lips as he suppressed his laughter. “And you’re still bad at making jokes.”

Wooseok and Yuto laughed.

“Well, most importantly though…I can tell you that you have a better dad than I had.” Yuto’s voice was heavy with honesty. Kris might be hated by most supernatural creatures but he had saved Yuto when he was in his weakest form, and not to mention, a human. Whereas Yuto’s father, who was a human, couldn’t even bother to care for him, never mind saving him from anything.

“You two should get some sleep.” Victoria said as she walked herself back into the kitchen. It was one o’clock in the morning and she was just on the phone with one of her allies in London. Kris and Han were then seen coming right behind her.

“Have you found any other way?” Wooseok asked his aunt.

Victoria shook his head. “Nothing yet, sorry.” She announced, sadly.

“You both better go and get some sleep first. We’ll wake you up when we have something.” Kris told the two boys and surprisingly, both of them stood up and dragged themselves out of the kitchen.

“What?” Kris looked at Victoria and Han who were staring at him as if he just did something tremendously great for once, minding that they had never appreciated most of the things he ever did.

“Maybe you are fit to be a father after all.” Victoria proudly grinned at him.

Kris kept his expression still. “I could have been one eighteen years ago.”

“If I hadn’t known you any better, I would say you’re not honestly mad at Jieun but rather…envy?” Han spoke diligently.

Victoria’s mouth hanged open. “Is that what it is? You’re jealous?” Victoria tried not to laugh. “Well, one thing I’d be sure of is that…Jieun did a great job as a single mother. Wooseok won’t be turning out as he is, if he was brought up by you.”

“I’m truly feeling your love, sister.” Kris’ sarcasm lingered in his tone.

“Sorry my dear brother, but I’m only saying the truth. I know you’re angry because Jieun lied to you for years but…don’t you think it was for the better?”

Loving any of us is a death sentence, isn’t it? Victoria had once asked them when she was once again lost her beloved love. As much as both Kris and Han wanted to tell her otherwise, they couldn’t deny the fact that everyone who had loved them dearly would ended up dead. They were cursed to be monsters after all.

“Maybe.” Kris sighed as he surrendered to his sister’s witty words. “So, who did you phone?”

“Jenna Lee. A witch from east London. Whom I helped once.”

Kris and Han smirked. Trust their sister to boast about every good deed she had done.

Victoria ignored her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter