Part 4

Aim and pull the trigger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once I finally calmed down, I was still in Jimin’s tight embrace. It was comforting, because at that moment I didn’t care that Taehyung lied to me, that he has been trained to kill since he was, probably, no more older than the kids in the other room, that he was hired to kill me. I didn’t. I just missed his voice, his kisses, his touch, him.

‘You okay now?’ Jimin asked running his fingers through my hair. I nodded and he let me go so he could wipe away the last few tears escaped my control.

‘Thank you’ I whispered with my voice hoarse from crying.

‘No problem’ he just compassionately smiled at me.

‘How many people did he kill?’ I asked him hoping to get some answers.

‘V? Look, we don’t really compete to see who kills more. I don’t know Yoongi, I’m sorry’ Jimin shrugged my back soothingly.

‘And how many did you kill then?’ I asked again and he looked everywhere but at me.

‘It’s complicated’ he sighed running a hand through his hair.

‘How many’ I insisted ‘You didn’t have a problem pulling the trigger right? So how is it a problem telling me how many did you kill now?’ I frowned.

‘The way you look at me’ he simply stated ‘I think, I understand now why V didn’t tell you the truth’ he started pulling at his own hair avoiding my stare. ‘Yoongi, we don’t kill because we enjoy it, we-’

‘You kill for money’ I interrupted him. ‘Yeah, we get paid for our services, but really. The people we accept to kill deserve it, they pro-’ he tried to explain to me his point of view, but no matter which way he put it, it was still wrong to me.

‘So, I deserve to die?! What could I possibly have done wrong to deserve it?’ I couldn’t believe he just said that. I was standing on my feet now.

Since the day I lost my mother, I’ve always done whatever my father told me to. Unblinking. School and study, school and study, till nausea. I just wanted to make him proud. I couldn’t help, but think about my dad too, did he already know he has been kidnapped? Was he looking for me?

‘No! No, of course you don’t deserve it! In V’s place, I don’t think I would’ve been able to pull the trigger either’ J sighed getting up from the white floor ‘Eight’ then he said.

‘Eight what?’ I frowned.

‘I killed eight people. I still remember each one of their names’ he said disgusted ‘People with too much money for their own good, abusive, vicious… the worst of the worst. I never killed people who didn’t deserve it. This world needs people like us to protect who can’t, to make a clean sweep of all the and-’ he seemed satisfied on what he was trying to make me understand.

I knew now he didn’t have a very nice childhood and the cause was dear to him, but the whole thing was completely different from how he pictured it 

‘Ehy, Robin Hood’ I stopped his ranting about how they were all knights fighting for the great good ‘Who gives you the name of the people you have to kill?’ if he was going to answer the question, maybe I could find out who hired Taehyung to get rid of me.

I didn’t believe the fairy tale Mr. Soo told Jimin and probably everyone in this building for a second. Yeah, I had money, but I sure wasn’t abusive. I wasn’t vicious, I mean, I could be a very pain in the , annoying and a little disrespectful sometimes, but c’mon I was nowhere near how J described their targets to be.

‘Mr. Soo of course, he is the one who gives us all the informations we need to know’ he said as a matter of fact. Mr. Soo was sure as hell hiding something.

‘Anyway, do you feel better now right? Again I’m sorry I was the one who broke the news to you, but you needed to know, I guess, sooner than later’ he said resting a hand on the lower of my back guiding me forward ‘C’mon, I still need to pick up that something’ I started walking beside him.

‘What is that something you’re talking about?’ I asked out of curiosity.

‘The details for my new mission, I’m not going to start till a few days, I’m still on babysitting duty’ Jimin tried to light the mood, I smiled just slightly.

‘I’m not a baby’ I told him as we walked down another corridor.

I abruptly stopped once I heard it. His voice. It couldn’t be, or could it? I needed to make sure. I started running in the opposite direction we were heading.

‘Yoongi? Yoongi!’ I heard Jimin calling me too close, he was probably chasing me.

The voice took me in a long corridor with a lift at its end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter