Part 1

Aim and pull the trigger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The roar of an engine was what I could hear when I first start regaining conscience. Head hanging low staring at the dirty dark brown moquette under my black boots. I felt dizzy, I tried to move to take off the gag over my mouth, what kind of sick joke was this? 

But I found my  hands tied behind the chair I was sitting on. I start panicking. Now wide awake I took a look at my surroundings, while struggling with the plastic ties, but the more I tried to fight them the more they seems to sink in the flesh of my wrists. I gritted my teeth hissing lightly. 

The lit chandelier started swinging right above my head, just like the chair and everything else in the room. At least that was  what it looked out to be anyway. So I probably was in a camper or something along the lines. But where they were taking me? And who were they?

I tried to fight the urge to cry, I couldn't remember anything. Some tears were already rolling down my cheeks, . Get your together Min, you're not a freaking baby anymore. 

I start looking for something to cut the ties around my wrists first. The little windows on the walls were barred with wooden boards, so the only light allowing me to see was coming right from that single bulb swinging crazily on the ceiling. 

There wasn't much I could use in the situation I was now, I was oh so slowly giving up, till I saw it. The chandelier illuminated it for just a second, but I saw it: an empty beer bottle. It was on a little wooden table right in front of one of the windows at my right. 

I start bouncing nearing the table, but an abrupt jump of the vehicle made me loose balance and fall on the filthy ground. I wanted to cry even more now. 

I tried to get up but being tied to a chair wasn't making it that easy to me, I kicked the table hard a few times in frustration. 

I was going to die, or at least that's what I thought before the bottle fall right off the table shattered. Some of the little scales must have scratched my right cheek, I could feel warm liquid caressing it. 

Quickly, I pushed myself and the chair around till my back was facing the table. I searched frantically with my fingers for the bigger shard I saw before. 

Found it. I struggled to cut the plastic ties with it, trying not to think too much about the deep cuts it were leaving on my wrist and fingers.  I closed my eyes tightly against the prickling of tears, back to gather themselves behind my lids, I concentrated more on the movements of the glass on the ties, till they didn't crack. 

I was fast on my feet, taking off the gag finally able to breathe freely. Now I needed to get out of there and quickly. 

I took the chair in a tight hold to use it as a lever to remove the boards on one of the windows.

The venture proved itself to be more difficult than expected with the way my hands were slippery because of the blood and kept trembling. I eventually made it in removing just one of the two. There was enough room for me to slip outside anyway, I then kicked the glass of the window shielding my face with my arms from possible flying shards. 

I took a tentatively look outside. Sunset was probably going to happen soon. It wasn't a camper the one I was in, it seemed like a little house in a yellowish container looking at it from the outside. Said container or whatever it was, was travelling along an asphalted road in the middle of a forest. 

I slipped out from the little space I created, leaving blooded hand prints on the old painted walls. 

I anchored my fingers to the low roof of the container trying to reach the top, when it began to skid abruptly. They probably saw I was escaping from the rearview mirror. 

I hold on tightly to the roof to not lose my balance. A black car was following the container, tinted windows rolled down to allow different kind of guns to aim for the wheels of the vehicle I was in. 

I took advantage of the fact my kidnappers were probably busy dodging the bullets from the other car, and pushed myself up with my feet and making it to the top of the container. I crouched on it holding tightly on the roof, waiting for the right place to jump on. There. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter