Confession

Timing

As the GOT7 members piled back into the black van, Jinyoung made sure to sit far away from BamBam and stared out the window as sadness enveloped his mind. The other members’ laughter couldn’t even bring up his mood, yet he stiffened when he felt Jackson’s presence beside him.

“Hey, we’re gonna go eat meat to celebrate! You kids in?” The group’s manager plopped himself in the driver’s seat as the members cheered in agreement.

“Can you take me back to the dorm?” Jinyoung grumpily added, causing the car to become silent in confusion.

“What? Jinyoung, you complain to me all the time about not going to eat meat with you and now you’re backing out? What is this?” Jackson yelled, shoving Jinyoung playfully.

“I’m not in the mood,” Jinyoung grumbled, and the manager nodded hesitatingly.

    The car was silent for a few minutes until the manager’s face lit up, “Ah, Jackson! Invite your cousin, too. It’s the least we can do.”

    Jackson’s cheering was the last thing that Jinyoung could hear before his heart rate began picking up again, and Youngjae eagerly tapped Jinyoung’s knee in anticipation. As soon as it was confirmed that Ahreum would be joining the group for dinner, Jinyoung’s face lit up.

    “Nevermind, hyung! I’ll go eat meat!” Jinyoung piped up, causing the members to giggle except for Jackson, who scrunched his face up in distaste.

    “What is this? Is it because I said I’d pay? I’m only paying for my cousin, not you, Park Jinyoung!”

 

    Ahreum was seated between Mark and Jackson, and Jinyoung couldn’t help but be envious of his hyung once again. He worriedly watched across the table as Mark helped Ahreum cut her piece of meat into smaller, more manageable pieces and sighed as he jealously stabbed his food with his chopsticks.

    Ahreum glanced over and noticed Jinyoung’s distant behavior once more as she observed the other members trying to bring up his mood. She tilted her head in curiosity as she tapped her chopsticks against her lips.

    Jackson pouted at the lack of attention he was receiving, “Hey, play with me! Why are you paying more attention to them than me? I’m your cousin!”

    Ahreum rolled her eyes, “I’m not! Stop being such a kid!”

    Mark laughed at their interaction before watching Jinyoung snap at JB for teasing him about his sudden mood change. Mark smirked and shook his head and Jinyoung’s childish behavior.

    Ahreum tapped Mark’s hand gently and he turned to her with a tilt of the head, “Hey, Mark oppa? Is it okay if I call you that? Since you’re older than me?”

    “Yeah, sure. What’s up?” Mark questioned, shoving a piece of meat into his mouth.

    “Is Jinyoung… okay? He seems out of it again. I noticed that he was during the last stage as well. Is he not feeling well?” Ahreum worriedly asked, her eyebrows furrowed in the middle.

    Mark almost burst out laughing as he realized the situation, “Are you worried about him?”

    She flushed a shade of red as she nodded, “Yeah. He usually isn’t like that so I’m concerned. Is it too obvious?”

    Mark winked, “No, you’re okay. Just give him some time and he’ll probably tell you.”

 

    Jinyoung was furious.

    He saw Mark’s flirtatious wink from across the table and slammed his chopstick down, surprising everyone as they all looked his way. He turned red, and left the table in a hurry while mumbling something about going to the restroom.

    Mark laughed heartily once Jinyoung left the room and Jackson stared at him as if he was crazy. Ahreum worriedly stood up and announced that she was going to the restroom as well, not hearing the other members’ excited gossip behind her.

    Ahreum speedily walked through the halls of the restaurant and was near the restroom when she turned her head and noticed Jinyoung’s blue denim jacket outside in the cold night. He was leaning against the balcony’s railing and had his head hanging low.

    She cautiously stepped outside the doors and the cold air caused her to immediately cover her exposed arms. She slowly walked over to Jinyoung’s side, leaving a reasonable amount of space between them, “Jinyoung?”

    His head shot up immediately and he gasped, nearly stumbling over his own feet as he tried to straighten up his posture.

    “What’re you doing here, Ahreum?” Jinyoung awkwardly coughed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

    She stared out into the city lights and smiled softly, “Honestly, I was worried about you again. You stormed off so suddenly that I was concerned that someone was wrong. I hope you don’t mind me coming after you.”

    Jinyoung’s legs felt weak once more and he leaned against the balcony for balance, “No, I don’t mind. Thank you. For coming to me, that is.”

    A short silence enveloped the pair and he cursed himself for being so awkward around her when he wasn’t usually like this around anyone. He noticed her slightly shiver and immediately took his jacket off, wrapping it around her shoulders without hesitation.

    Ahreum, surprised, turned around and stared at Jinyoung, “Oh no, you don’t have to! I’m fine, really. You’re going to get a cold if you give me this.”

    Jinyoung lightly laughed, tightening the jacket around her, “You’re gonna get a cold instead, and trust me, I’ll feel even worse then. I don’t think Jackson will let me live after that either.”

    Ahreum smiled warmly at him with her crescent eyes and pearly teeth, “Thank you, Jinyoung. I really appreciate it.”

    “Are you younger than me?” He abruptly asked, tucking his hands into his pockets as he leaned against the balcony once more.

    “Um, I think so? I was born in December but the same year as Jackson.”

    “Call me oppa,” Jinyoung whispered longingly. He had heard her call Mark that inside and had nearly tossed the table upside down.

    “J-Jinyoung oppa?” She stuttered, surprised by the sudden request, “Are you okay, Jinyoung oppa?”

    He grinned widely, “I’m perfect now. Thank you.”

    Ahreum smiled at his new attitude and looked back into the city’s nightlife until she felt a hand slip into the pocket of Jinyoung’s jacket that was draped around her petite shoulders. She glanced down and noticed a pink paper sticking out with a smiley face peeking out. She curiously took it out and cautiously looked at Jinyoung’s amused smile that was playing on his lips, his deep eyes watching her every move.

    When she unraveled the paper, it had numbers written in the center and she glanced up at the handsome male in front of her with a shocked expression, “Jinyoung oppa?”

    “You wanted to know what was wrong with me, right?” He asked, stepping closer to her as he closed her fist around the paper tightly.

    Ahreum cautiously nodded, “Yes, of course.”

    “During the concert, your smile caught my attention in the crowd and you were on my mind all night,” Jinyoung confessed, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

    Ahreum gaped at the male in front of her, “Me? Are you sure?”

    Jinyoung laughed, “Yes, you.”

    Before the pair could continue their conversation, Jackson stepped outside with a serious expression, the other GOT7 members behind him with anxious looks on their faces.

    “Jinyoung, what’re you doing with my cousin?” Jackson asked with furrowed eyebrows as he glance between the pair and narrowed his eyes around Jinyoung’s jacket that was around Ahreum’s shoulders.

    The other members stepped outside and were ready to back up Jinyoung in a heartbeat. JB stepped out and placed a hand on Jackson’s shoulder.

    “If you were cold, you should’ve just gone inside! Gosh, Ahreum, what is this? Your mom’s gonna kill me if she finds out that I let you freeze and made Jinyoung give you his jacket! Come here! Did you get lost going to the bathroom or what? Stop bothering Jinyoung, he’s busy!” Jackson rolled his eyes, pulling the girl inside the restaurant as the other members stared at their retreating figures, baffled.