In a Daze

Timing

Jinyoung anxiously fixed the ear piece in his left ear as he felt Mark’s slender fingers adjust the collar on his black leather jacket. The pair was walking side-by-side down the narrow, dimmed hallway as they made their way towards the entrance of the stage, following the other five members.

“Nervous?” Mark questioned, squeezing Jinyoung’s tense shoulder.

    Jinyoung nodded, biting his lip gently, “A bit. It’s been awhile since we’ve performed for our concert.”

    Mark shrugged and patted his bottom lightly, “Is this real life? Is the actor Park Jinyoung and the rapper of JJ Project nervous for once?”

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes and shoved Mark away, walking towards the front of the group as he heard Mark’s laughter ring through his right ear that he had taken the other ear piece out of.

    The fans’ screams increased an octave higher and the staffs were rushing the group to get on their designated platforms; it was time to enter and begin the concert. Jinyoung released another anxious sigh and rotated his neck in circles as he turned to his left, fist-bumping JB once before the stage platform began to raise and the wave of green light sticks flooded his vision.

 

    JB’s forehead was covered in sweat and Jackson’s bicep glistened in the bright stage light that blinded the six members. The seven members grinned from ear to ear, singing their final song for the light passionately.

    Jinyoung walked over to the right side of the stage and squatted, smiling into the crowd as he waved, singing his part in the song. Cheers erupted from the crowd and he squinted slightly to get a better look at his fans.

    He began to stand up, but a bright, blindingly white smile caught his attention and he paused. He squinted his eyes further to get a better look at the dazzling smile that seemed warm and genuine. He caught sight of the girl’s light brown hair and pink shirt, noticing how she was gently waving the light stick in the air to the beat of the song playing while staring straight into his eyes.

    He gaped at the beautiful girl in front of him and forgot to sing along with the members until Yugyeom came strolling along and tugged on his elbow. At the sight of the members’ interaction, the fans began to jump in excitement, and Jinyoung lost sight of the angel he had spotted.

    He placed his hand on his heart as his mind was filled with shock and confusion. Yugyeom dragged his older member towards the middle of the stage and nudged him slightly in the side.

    “Hyung? You okay?” Yugyeom’s eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Jinyoung’s baffled expression.

    Jinyoung shook his head out of his daze and nodded, “Yeah.”

    With the short exchange, the other members began to gather in the center and they performed a difficult performance once more, as Jinyoung’s thoughts about the girl drifted to the back of his mind as he focused on giving his best.

 

    Ahreum put her fist against her pink lips, worriedly looking at Jinyoung who looked as if he had just seen a ghost as he was being dragged away from her field of vision by Yugyeom. She looked around and noticed that no one else seemed to be concerned about Jinyoung’s sudden change in attitude and frowned.

    She gently tapped her her friend Hana on the shoulder, whispering loudly in her ear, “Did you notice Jinyoung?”

Hana turned and tilted her face, which was flushed from the immense amount of screaming she had just done, “No? What do you mean? He’s fine. Look at him and Yugyeom! How adorable!”

    Hana turned back around and squealed, taking pictures of the members on stage as Ahreum sighed in helplessness. The pair were in the front near the stage, as Hana had persistently stayed up for hours to reserve those tickets. Ahreum would have been perfectly fine observing the group from afar, but Hana had insisted, reminding her that it would be a “once in a lifetime experience.”

    Ahreum lifted her head and stared at Jinyoung, who managed a smile on his face before continuing to perform with all his might. She smiled in admiration and tilted her head.

    “I hope he’s okay.” Ahreum silently thought in her head as she continued to enjoy the remainder of the concert, and secretly praised Hana for convincing her accept the close-up seats.

 

BamBam silently nudged Jinyoung with his knee, and after getting his attention, reminded the older that there were fans in front of him that were waiting for his greeting. Jinyoung shook his head and apologized immediately, twirling the thin marker between his fingers and opening the cap swiftly before signing the photobooks and bowing.

    “You okay, hyung? You’ve been out of it ever since we finished the concert.” Youngjae worriedly looked at the older while grabbing his water bottle and taking a sip.

    Jinyoung sighed, ruffling his hair in anger, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

    Mark popped his head out from behind Youngjae, “What’s up?”

    “During the concert, I was looking in the crowd,” Jinyoung admitted, “And I saw this girl with the most beautiful smile.”

    JB overheard and glanced around to see if any fans were coming soon, and seeing that there were none, he grinned, “What did she look like?”

    “She had this adorable shade of light brown hair and she was wearing this baby pink shirt with shorts,” Jinyoung closed his eyes, recalling the image and slightly smiling at the memory of her sincere smile.

Yugyeom opened his mouth to reply, but suddenly, a loud roar of screams and shrieks of happiness erupted from the crowd and all of the members looked forward to see Jackson grabbing a girl’s wrist and dragging her up to the stage.

    JB stood up in alarm, “What’s he doing?”

    The girl uncomfortably squirmed and tried to break free of Jackson’s hand, but failed. The girl grabbed her friend’s hand, who looked extremely happy, and the pair followed Jackson’s path.

 

Ahreum had been sitting peacefully in the front row of the seating, watching with a warm smile as the GOT7 members interacted with their fans during the fanmeeting. She had been waiting until the other girls had gotten their chance to go up first before going with Hana, in fear of getting trampled by the excited fans.

    However, suddenly, Jackson spotted her and grinned widely, sprinting over to her side and abruptly grabbing her wrist aggressively.

    “Jackson!” She hissed, trying to dodge the envious glares that were being thrown her way.

“MY AHREUM! Why haven’t you gone up yet? I’ve been waiting for you this whole time!” He merrily skipped towards the front of the stage with her and Hana as the members gaped at him in confusion.

    She sighed, “Because I knew this would happen.”

    “You should’ve been the first one to go up! Who let my beautiful cousin go last! Tell me, and I’ll beat them up right now!” Jackson rambled on, puffing out his muscular chest.

    As they got up on the stage, JB came over with a puzzled expression, “Jackson, what are you doing?”

    Jackson ignored the leader, grabbing his microphone from the table and facing the audience, “Sorry, IGOT7, I just thought I should introduce you to someone very special to me!”

 

    As Jackson dragged the poor girl on stage, Jinyoung squinted his eyes and swore that he recognized that pink shirt and black shorts from somewhere. As he slowly stood up from his seat, he caught a glimpse of her light brown hair flowing in the air as Jackson hurriedly pulled her onto the stage.

    “That’s her!” Jinyoung gasped, staring at the girl making her way towards the stage with his fellow member grabbing her. BamBam stood up as well, looping his arm with Jinyoung’s arm in anticipation.

At Jackson’s words, Jinyoung’s heart dropped.

    “You don’t think that’s his girlfriend, do you?” Yugyeom came over and whispered to Jinyoung and BamBam.

    “No way. He can’t. The dating ban isn’t over yet. He wouldn’t dare to announce a relationship right now, would he?” BamBam gasped and JB’s jaw tensed.

    It seemed that time had stopped as everyone in the room anxiously waited for Jackson’s announcement. The girl’s head was down and even her friend seemed shocked as she stared at the girl before her.