Fluttering Heart

Timing

“This is my cousin, Ahreum! Isn’t she pretty? I haven’t seen her in so long, so I hope you all understand how excited I was when I spotted her!” Jackson grinned, pulling the girl in his sweaty embrace.

    Ahreum pouted, yet wrapped her slim arms around her cousin’s waist, the crowd cheering in relief that Jackson was still single. Hana sighed and slapped Ahreum’s arm, “Girl! Why haven’t you ever told me this? I didn’t even need to reserve us those tickets then!”

    Jackson pulled away and stared the girl in front of him with narrowed eyes, “Wait, what? Ahreum, you didn’t use the complimentary ticket I gave you?”

    Ahreum sheepishly smiled, “No, I wanted to support you with my own money.”

    Jackson rolled his eyes before smiling at Hana and holding out his hand, “Hi, I’m Jackson. Are you my cousin’s friend? Are you making sure she’s not a party animal?”

    Ahreum slapped his arm as Hana happily shook his hand with a squeal, “I’m Hana. I’m a big fan! Ahreum’s alright, she keeps me in check more than I do for her.”

 

    Jinyoung plopped down in his seat as relief washed through his whole body. BamBam sighed and clutched onto his chest as Youngjae cheered.

    “I was so worried! That hyung,” BamBam rolled his eyes before looking at Jinyoung and mischievously slapping his shoulder, “You have a chance! Are you gonna take it?”

Jinyoung slapped the younger’s hand away and raised a hand to threaten him, “Don’t you dare use this against me!

Jackson sat down in his seat and began to sign Ahreum’s and Hana’s photobooks gleefully and Jinyoung mentally counted how many members away she was from him. He grabbed BamBam’s hand and tugged him back down in his seat as he hurriedly tried to tidy up his workspace for the girl that he was looking for the whole night.

Jinyoung anxiously tapped the back of his marker on the table as he watched the girl interact with the other members calmly, admiring her maturity and comparing her to the other fangirls who had almost attacked him with kisses before. When she got in front of Youngjae, he finally heard the sound of her sweet voice. It was small yet confident, and her laughter was music to his ears. He was in such a daze with her perfection that he hadn’t even realized that she had already moved in front of him.

BamBam aggressively and hurriedly shook Jinyoung’s shoulder, “Hyung! Get it together!”

Jinyoung glared at the younger and raised a hand once more, “What do you want, you kid? Leave me alone! I told you to stop-”

A light giggled snapped him out of his fit of rage and he immediately lowered his hand, slowly turning to the girl in front of him with an expression of shock etched on his face.

BamBam scoffed, “Fine! Sorry for trying to help you! I should just tell-”

Jinyoung stepped on his foot and he released a loud yelp, “Hyung! JB hyung! Jinyoung hyung just hurt me! Did you see that? Did anyone see that?”

Jinyoung smiled brightly, “Hi there.”

Ahreum laughed once more, holding out her hand to meet Jinyoung’s stretched out one, “Hi, Jinyoung.”

Jinyoung felt his legs turn to mush and he knew that if he was standing, he would have fallen onto his by now. Her voice calling his name made him want to record it and play it on repeat for hours on end.

“A-Ahreum, right? It’s nice to meet you.” Jinyoung    stuttered, pulling away from the handshake in fear of her being able to feel his sweaty palms.

Ahreum nodded gleefully, “Yes! You were listening to Jackson? If I were you, I would’ve stopped listening to a word he said long ago.”

Jinyoung laughed at the expression she made and felt his heart skip a beat when he noticed how her eyes disappeared into crescents whenever she smiled.

He signed her photobook as he drew a heart next to her name, hesitating when he decided to write a little message to her. When he noticed that Hana wasn’t paying attention and was in an animated conversation with JB, he quickly slid Ahreum’s photobook back to her and quickly began to write his phone number on a sticky note he had on the side of the table.

She shyly picked up the photobook, not noticing how he was rushing to write on a pink sticky note, “Thank you! I’ll keep this forever now that you signed it.”

Jinyoung smirked, looking up with a playful expression on his face, “Did you tell that just to me or all the other members too?”

Ahreum curled a strand of her straight hair behind her ear and confessed, “No, just to you. You’re my favorite member, honestly.”

Jinyoung stared at her in surprise, pausing in writing his phone number and looked into her sincere, brown eyes. He was so shocked that someone so perfect could be his fan when there was Mark with the pretty face or Youngjae with the honey voice.

Ahreum flushed a deep red at the sudden confession she made, “Speaking of which, I noticed that you seemed kind of down or surprised earlier during your last performance. Are you alright? You looked kind of sick.”

Jinyoung’s heart rate increased even more as he stared at the girl in front of him. No one had asked him all night about that, and he was wondering if people actually noticed. It warmed his heart that she actually paid attention to him and cared for him enough to ask about his condition rather than focusing on his physical attractiveness. Before he could respond, though, BamBam evilly pulled Ahreum’s wrist towards him and she now stood before the younger instead of him.

“Hi there! Jinyoung hyung took up all your time so I wanted to steal you away!” BamBam stuck his tongue out at Jinyoung who was baffled and felt his anger rising by the second.

Ahreum sent Jinyoung an apologetic smile that was just as bright as the one that had captivated him when he was on stage and he grumpily turned away, signing Hana’s photobook before slapping BamBam hard on the shoulder.

    

Jinyoung hurriedly finished writing his phone number down in hopes of being able to give it to Ahreum before she had reached the last member, JB. However, by the time he looked up, Ahreum was nowhere in sight. He stood up and walked over to the front of the stage and was about to hop off to look for Ahreum once more, but Mark pulled him back.

“We have to say our farewell and leave. It’s time to go,” Mark apologetically stated, squeezing Jinyoung’s hand.

“No, not yet! I have to give this to her-” Jinyoung tried to explain, but JB patted his shoulder comfortingly.

“Sorry, buddy.” JB sympathetically frowned, handing him the microphone.

Jinyoung sighed in surrender and stood in line with the other members as they said their goodbye and left the stage with Jinyoung’s heart feeling heavier than before.