Prologue

Little Shadows I See

It was a sunny afternoon.  A little girl was running around her house, chasing after her imaginary friends.  She'd chased them for hours now.  Then, she hit someone.  She looked up, and it was her best friend in the whole world!  Jooheon!!

"Yah!  Oppa!!  Can you help me catch them?"  The girl asked.  Jooheon nodded and looked around.

"What do they look like?"  Jooheon asked with a smile, knowing he'll never find something imaginary.  She described them as shadows.  He chuckled.

It was hours later.  There were still no sign of any shadows, spirits, or anything like Areum described.

"Maybe they left.."  Jooheon said.  Areum shook her head. 

"They live here!!"  She whined.

Jooheon was walking while looking at her, and banged into something, or someone.  He looked at who it could be.  It was a shadow.  A devious shadow.  A Black shadow with horns it seems.

Later when Areum is asleep, Jooheon sneaked into her house while his parents were watching their movies.  He looked around, trying to remember where Areum said that she saw 'Scary' at.  He walked past the base of the stairs, and saw a shadow.  He quickly looked at it, and saw that it was gone.  A shiver went down his spine, as he remembered that it was a black shadow he saw.  He swallowed his saliva and slowly walked up the stairs.  He sat at the landing, facing the corner where he saw it.  He gulped once again before breaking the silence.

"I know you're here."  Jooheon started.  "I accidentally ran into you, remember?  I'm sorry for that.."  Jooheon continued. 

He looked down at his lap, before backing up, he saw a black figure.  It slowly turned into more of a shape.  He saw a face, it was a handsome face with a smirk.

"Yes, I know you."  Said the shadow.  The face hid again and the shadow disappeared. 

Jooheon gulped. When he look behind him and up, he noticed that Areum was at the top of the stairs looking at him. 

"It's awesome you can see Scary too!!"  She said with a cute look.  "Although he's scary, I think I kind of like him~"  She continued while putting both arms around her back.

Jooheon was jealous.  He likes Areum, and she can see him anytime, rather than just passing by these stupid shadows.  'They can't be real!  It's just imagination!  That's it!  And I'll just distract her, so this little phase passes quickely!'  Jooheon thought.