Chen - You’re the Lyrics to my Music

A collection of my old stuff

♣♦ First Encounter ♣♦

Earphones in, a good book in hand, that’s how you handled long flights. And this one was no different, you sat with your legs crossed reading and listening to good music.

However the person next to you didn’t seem to have a plan, as he kept fidgeting in his seat and sighing, you still had six hours, it was starting to get on your nerves.

“I’m sorry, can you stop please?!” You said in English.

He furrowed his eyebrows but then it was like a light bulb lit up in his brain, and he nodded with a cute, apologetic smile.

After a few minutes…

“Excuse me, miss?!” He tapped your shoulder.

You took one earphone out and looked at him.

“You speak Korean?!” He said in cute broken English.

“Yes! How can I help you?!” You asked politely.

“Do you know Exo?!”

“Yeah, they’re cool!” You replied casually and tried getting back to your book.

“Didn’t you recognize me?! I’m…” He began but you cut him off.

“I know who you are!” You say still focused on your book.

“Who’s your favorite member?! I’ll take a wild guess and say it’s not me!!”

“Luhan!” You replied short and simple.

“But he left!” He said with knitted eyebrows.

“Then Kai!!” You still had your eyes on your book, but you weren’t really reading. You were too nervous and excited to focus.

“So.. What do you do in Korea?!” He kept trying to get you to talk to him.

“Exchange student!” You replied simply.

“You have poor social skills!” Jongdae observed resting his chin on his palm.

“Excuse you?!” You raised an eyebrow at him.

“Now we’re talking!!” He grinned mischievously.

“What do you want?!”

“You’re beautiful, I had to talk to you!!” He smiled sweetly.

You weren’t expecting that kind of answer at all, which made you blush a crimson red, he caught you off guard.

“What?! Cat got your tongue!” Jongdae smiled full of mischief.

“I like Luhan better!” You stuck your tongue out at him.

“Wow!! How mature!” He chuckled.

“It was nice meeting you Chen!” You return to your book, or at least attempt to…

“Jongdae..” He whispered.

“What?!” You titled your head confused.

“My name is Jongdae!” He smiled.

“okay then, nice to meet you Jongdae!” You gave him a little smile.

For the rest of the flight he kept ‘disturbing’ you, although he was a more than welcome distraction, you talked about many things in those six hours that seemed to fly by.

By the end of your trip you exchanged phone numbers and promised to keep in touch.

🌠🌠🌠First Date 🌠🌠🌠

After the unexpected meeting, you returned to your student life not really expecting anything to happen, you just kept it as a lovely memory.

Chen returned to his own busy world, working and practicing and being an idol and all, but he never did forget about you.

🔸A Month After The 'Fated’ Meeting 🔸🔹

You sat in your living area watching some show on TV.

'My anaconda don’t 🐍 my anaconda don’t 🐍 ’ Your phone goes off startling you.

You laugh at your new ringtone, but hey it’s catchy.

“Helloo~” You pick up, it was an unknown number so you didn’t who to expect.

“What’s up hot stuff?!” A man said on the other line.

“Who are you?!” You ask despite knowing exactly who it was, but a little fooling around wouldn’t hurt.

“It’s Jongdae!” He answered nervously, could you have forgotten about him.

“Jongdae who?!” You feigned oblivion, barely keeping yourself from laughing.

“Jongdae!! We met on a plane and stuff!” He sighed.

“Oh!! Chen!!!” You exclaimed obnoxiously.

“Hey!” He whined.

“I was just messing with ya!” You laughed “What’s up?!”

“You’re mean!! Anaconda though?! I wasn’t expecting that!” He chuckled.

“What?!” It took you a minute to figure out what he was talking about, but how the hell did he know?!

“How?!” You asked, kind of creeped out.

“Open the door!” You can tell he was smiling.

“How?! That’s creepy, dude!” You feigned annoyance.

“Don’t you trust me?!”

“No! I barely know you!” You exclaimed obviously.

“If I even step into your apartment, you can go to the news and ruin my career!” He offered.

“Okay, fair enough!” You replied simply and opened the door for him.

You both hung up the phones, and he had flowers in his hand, anemones to be more specific.

“I didn’t know which flowers you like so I got my favorite!” He smiled nervously, handing you the prettily made bouquet.

“They’re my favorite too! So pretty and sad!” You smiled gently at the flowers. 
“Thank you!” You smiled to him, grateful.

“So would you go on a date with me?!”

“Hmm, a date you say?!” You pretended to think hard.

“You know you want to~” He sung obnoxiously bad.

“Okay, fine! I guess we could go!” You 'sigh’.

You both laugh, and chat a bit more, apparently his cousin is in your class and as he told her about the girl he met on a plane, she knew it was you, hence him showing up at your doorstep.

🎳 That Evening 🎳

You and Jongdae met up in a nearby bowling alley, to have your first date.

He dressed in casual attire, jeans and a T-shirt with a leather jacket, a cap on just in case. 
He looked really attractive, even in normal clothes.
You dressed casual as well, a pair of white jeans and a red blouse with black flats, you had your hair tied in a ponytail.

The bowling alley wasn’t really crowded, since it’s a school night.
Jongdae was a real sweetheart, but so much fun to be around.

You playfully bantered and challenged each other.

“I won’t go easy on you because you’re a girl!” He warned with a boyish smirk.

“Oh please! As if you stand a chance!” You scuff.

“What do I get when I win?!” he had a smug smile written on his adorable lips.

“Well, when I win you have to dance in the middle of the street to any song the shops are playing on our way back!” You grinned.

“Okay, that’s nothing for exo’s dance machine!” He smiled proudly, and you couldn’t help but double over in laughter.

“When I win, I get a kiss!” Jongdae smirked.

“Pfft, that’s lame!” You joked to hide your blush and the fact that your insides were flipping.

You played for a few hours, bantering playfully, joking around, and getting to know each other a little.

At the end, you ended up winning, and dancing victoriously even though you had two left feet. 
He chuckled at your adorable fail, and admitted defeat.

You walked on the streets of Gangnam looking for a good place to eat.

Catallena started playing in one of the shops.

“I love this song!!” You clapped with much excitement. 
“Dance!” You wiggled your eyebrows at him.

“A man must always keep his words!” He put his hand on his chest and puffed his chest out.

You laughed at the ridiculous way he looked.

“Dance I shall!” He stomped forward.

He started copying Lizzy’s part, it looked hilarious, he was definitely not exo’s main dancer, it’s a blessing his was absolutely breathtaking.

He insisted on finishing the entire dance and didn’t care one bit that people passing by gave him weird looks.

After he posed for a clean finish, you clapped and whistled..well attempted to whistle. He bowed to the 'crowd’.

“You just witnessed Chensing machine at his finest!” He smiled playfully.

“I feel honored!” you played along.

After walking a little more you found a nice pizza place, it was quiet and cozy.

After dinner he walked you back your dorm, you didn’t want to part but it was getting late.

He hugged you goodnight and you gave him a sweet peck on the cheek.

Today was a fairytale, your own version of a fairytale.

♣♦ Moving In ♣♦

You got a call from Jongdae on a random Tuesday, he told you to meet him at a place in the city.

You dressed and went there, no questions asked. 
The place wasn’t that far away from your school so it didn’t take you long to get there.

Jongdae was waiting for you at the bus stop.

“Hello beautiful!” He took your hands in his.

“Hey you!” You smiled sweetly.

He pecked your lips just slightly and guided you to a close apartment building.

“I need you to tell me what you think! It’s an apartment for someone!” He smiled slyly as he opened the door.

You didn’t really question him and stepped inside.

It was a small cute apartment, just for two people. The view was really pretty, and the wallpaper was really nice as well, basically it was perfect.

“It’s really good! Who is it for?!” You asked, curious.

“Well, it’s for us!” He smiled nervously.

You looked at him with much confusion, was he really suggesting what you think he’s suggesting.

“So what do you say?!” He was nervous and worried by the lack of response, was he rushing you, he was freaking out internally.

“Jongdae…” You breathed out.

He gulped visibly.

“I would love to!!” You squealed and hugged him, tight.

“You scared me half to death!” He chuckled, squeezing you tighter.

“I love you so much!” He said just above a whisper.

“I love you too!” You smiled brightly.

He pulled back and peppered your face with kisses, making you giggle like a little girl.

You moved your things to your new apartment, the boys helped and so did your friends. 
You spent the first night in your new apartment, in your new bedroom 'testing it out’ according to Jongdae. 
You fell asleep into each other’s arms and for the first time in a while, you knew you’ll wake up like that, it felt as if you were on a floating cloud of happiness, both of you.

Along came the morning, the sun beams peeking shyly through the curtains. 
You wake up first, you look to your right and see Jongdae sleeping peacefully.
You touch his beautiful face ever so lightly, tracing his attractive features one by one.

He must’ve been really tired, he didn’t wake up, usually he’d wake up and make some silly jokes about you loving him so much you 'harass’ him in his sleep.

You got out of bed and decided to make some breakfast… How hard can it be, right?! 
You were never really the cooking type, but there’s a first time to everything.

You walked into the kitchen, took out a few things from the fridge and stared at them.
A light bulb lit up in your head and you grabbed your phone dialing a familiar number.

“Hello!” A man’s voice greeted on the other line.

“Ah! Kyungsoo! Good morning!” You greeted excitingly.

“Morning?! It’s almost noon!!” He chuckled.

“Yeah, I didn’t sleep early last night!”

“Ew I didn’t need to know that!” Kyungsoo complained.

“Help me!! I want to make breakfast..” You were cut off by Kyungsoo’s loud laughter.

“You?! Cooking?!” He continued to laugh.

“You’re mean!” You huff “I’m hanging up!”

“Wait I’m sorry!!” He apologized.

Kyungsoo gave you instructions and you made an omelette, toast and some coffee -that part you did on your own-.

You said goodbye to Kyungsoo and set the table while humming a familiar tune.

A pair of arms wrapped around your waist and you gasped in shock at first, before relaxing into his embrace.

“Good morning, baby!” He greeted groggily, burying his face in your neck.

“Good morning, sunshine!” You giggled because his breath tickled your neck.

You set breakfast on the table and sat opposite each other, he held your hand on the table, he was especially clingy today.

You looked at him expectantly waiting for his reaction, you did as told, it should be fine.

Jongdae took a mouthful of the omelette, it tasted terrible, but he smiled nonetheless because you made the effort.

“Hmm!! So good!” He gave you a thumbs up.

“Liar!” You whined, after tasting some, it was barely edible.

“I think it’s good!!” Jongdae kept his lie, shamelessly.

“I can’t cook to save my life, it’s okay I know!” You chuckled lightly.

“Well, it tastes kind of weird!!” He put his fork down. “How about we go out for breakfast?!” He suggested with a sweet smile.

“I !” You pouted.

“You’re good at that though!!” He wiggled his eyebrows with a mischievous grin.

“Oh my god!!” You blushed profusely, and hit him on the shoulder.

He groaned and pretended that it hurt, before laughing loudly.

“It’s okay I love you! Even if you can’t cook!” He leaned in, giving a sweet kiss, you both smiled in satisfaction.

You ended up going for brunch in a nearby restaurant, you set your mind though that one day you will cook a decent meal for him, maybe not today or tomorrow but one day.

♣♦ Homesick ♣♦

You were lying in bed, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. 
Jongdae had late practice tonight as he did the last three weeks, you didn’t see him that much.

You decided sleep was not an option so you went to the living area and sat on the couch watching TV.

You got bored and pulled out your phone, checking your sister’s SNS, she seemed to be doing alright, they all did. 
Even though you talk to them all the time but it was just different.

Before you know it, tears started streaming uncontrollably down your face, you felt empty and alone.

Living in Seoul with Jongdae was really great, he was a sweetheart and he loved you so much as you loved him, the environment was nice as well, but you missed home.

It’s been nearly two years since you last visited due to various reasons. 
You hugged your knees and put your head on them, crying softly.

You were so lost in your mind, you didn’t hear the door open and close.

Jongdae walked inside tiptoeing around the small apartment, expecting you to be asleep already, he stopped when he heard the TV and headed to the living room.

He saw you and his heart clenched, he felt his heart break into a million pieces. He hated seeing you cry, it made him feel sad and helpless.

“Baby… What’s wrong?!” He approached you, cradling you in his arms.

You looked up and started wiping your tears with your sleeves, you never wanted him to see you crying, you didn’t like it.

“Nothing!” You said quietly.

“Baby..” He lifted your chin, making you look him in the eye. 
“Talk to me!!” He whispered.

“I’m homesick!” You pouted.

He breathed a sigh of relief, he was afraid of something else. 
He silently pulled into his chest you rested your head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around you and kissed your forehead.

“We can go visit if you want!!” He suggested.

“You and I both know it’s not an option now!” You mumbled.

“If you want it, I’ll make it happen if I had to sell my soul to the devil!!” He pulled away to look in your eyes, for you to see his sincerity.

“You mean you’d be more evil than now?!” You joked mischievously, feeling a lot better that Jongdae was here.

He tickled you, whining that he was being serious. 
Your bubbly laughter echoed through the small apartment.

You ran away from him to the bedroom and he followed you, tackling you to the bed, attacking you with tickles again.

After your laughter subsided, you and Jongdae lied facing each other. He looked tired but insisted he wouldn’t sleep until you do.

“I love you Kim Jongdae!!” You confessed quietly.

“I love me too!” He said with a boyish grin.

You jabbed his shoulder, and he pretended it hurt as he always does.

“I love you more than you’ll ever know!! I appreciate that you stayed by my side even though you already graduated, I appreciate that you put up with my chaotic life, I’m always grateful! And if you want the stars I won’t rest until you have them!” He looked so deep into your eyes as if carving each word into your heart and memory.

He kissed your hand ever so sweetly, and you couldn’t help tear up a bit, this time from happiness.

Happiness that you found Jongdae, a man who was willing to do anything for you to be happy and you couldn’t ask for more.