For Better or Worse

Pregnancy Complications - Baekhyun

The early morning hours greeted you from your long night, your eyes opening to the soft light pouring in through the blinds hanging over the large window in your master bedroom. Feeling your stomach growl and grumble, you carefully moved from your husband’s embrace and reached over to your bedside table and pulled over the water glass that resided there from the morning before.

Pushing yourself up slightly, you lifted the glass to your lips as you thought that the water would at least calm your stomach slightly. Small sips of water filled your mouth as you gulped the small amounts of water down your parched throat. However instead of a soothing or filling feeling, your stomach took a turn for the worse as you felt worse than the day before.

Quickly shuffling to the bathroom, you flicked on the light before you hovered over the sink, just in case. Tying back your hair quickly, you tried to take deep breaths as your eyes closed while you tried to focus on your breathing. The feeling grew as you opened your mouth and began dry heave into the sink, saliva gathered in your mouth and dripped from your lips into the sink.

With the bright light pouring into the conjoined bedroom, Baekhyun adjusted between the sheets before his hand searched your side of the bed. Not finding you, he rubbed his eyes and opened them sleepily before he heard noises from the bathroom. Sitting upright in haste, he threw the covers off of him and trotted over to the open bathroom door.

Standing at the doorway, his eyes quickly scanned the bathroom before his brown orbs fell upon you hovering over the sink in a state of distress. Taking in deep breaths and letting them out slowly, you tried hard to keep your knees from buckling, however they began to get weak as you shifted your weight slowly from one foot to the other.

Observing your swaying figure, Baekhyun slowly approached you, his hands gently resting on your hips as he rubbed small circles with one of his hands.

“How can I help?” He questioned gently, unsure of what to do

“I feel like I’m going to faint” You told him, your skin losing its color quickly.

Immediately after you spoken, you felt his strong arms encase your body as he pulled your body against his trying to stabilize you.

“When did you eat last?” He questioned wondering if you were just hungry.

Biting your lip, you wondered if you should lie, however the truth spilled from your lips before you could hold it back, “Today would be the third…”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in shock that you haven’t had any food for that long, especially carrying twins. Leading him to his next question, “When did you have three glasses of water?”

Silence filled the bathroom as you swayed in his arms, heat rising from your skin as you had had a hard time concentrating. Keeping your eyes closed, your hand rested over his arms while your other hand held up the number four, answering his question.

Securing his thoughts from the previous night being correct, that something was wrong, he kissed your cheek sweetly. “We need to go in and get this checked out…”

Knowing that you had kept this from him for far longer than you should, you just nodded not wanting anything to happen to the babies.

“You okay to stay here a moment while I go get a coat and shoes for you?” He questioned not loosening his grip.

“I should be” You nodded back as your eyes slowly opened to your monster like reflection in the mirror.

“Okay” Baekhyun whispered as he gently began to release you from his grip, easing the weight back onto your feet, your hands grasped the edge of the counter as you nodded that you were fine.

Running off, he quickly pulled a zip up jacket of his, some sandals for you while he pulled on a hoodie and quickly slipped on some jeans and sneakers before coming back to you. Helping you place your arms through the jacket and slipping your feet into the sandals he wrapped his arm around you.

“Ready?” He questioned once he was in a position to keep you safe. Humming back in response, he began to walk at your pace, exiting the bathroom then the bedroom, then the house, he helped ease you into the passenger seat and buckled you in.

Leaning your seat back, he closed your door before trotting around the hood of the car before slipping behind the wheel. Pressing the start button of the car, he pulled his seatbelt over himself before he looked over at you. Seeing that you were declining fast, you kept your eyes closed, your head resting against the window. Slipping his hand into yours, he put the car in drive before heading off to the hospital as fast as he could.

Within a few minutes, you arrived under the overhang of the Emergency Room, two nurses and a doctor greeted you as they opened your door. Baekhyun quickly put the car in park as he opened the door for you. The male nurse carefully unbuckled you and lifted you out of the car with the help of Baekhyun. A female nurse held the wheelchair steady as the doctor asked some quick questions before rushing her inside.

Closing the passenger door, Baekhyun watched as you began to move further and further into the hospital. Walking around the car, he got behind the wheel as he prayed that you and the babies would be okay, with tears in his eyes he pulled his car into a parking spot before he allowed the threatening tears to fall from his eyes.

“Please, don’t take them from me” Baekhyun pleaded