Something's Wrong...

Pregnancy Complications - Baekhyun

Quiet mornings were always your favorite, with your husband’s arms around you, his head cradled into your neck while your fingers were laced with his on the top of your ballooned stomach. A song cut through the quiet air as one of the strong arms slowly unwrapped from you, feeling the bed move underneath you, you woke from your sleep as your eyes opened for a second before closing again. Hearing the song end prematurely, his arm returned to you resting for a moment or two, you felt him lift his head from you as he pressed his soft lips onto your cheek.

“Good morning love” He whispered ever so softly, careful not to wake you. Leaning down, he pressed two kisses on your stomach before rubbing his hand lovingly over the spot where he kissed to make sure that the love went into the two children inside you.

“You’re too cute” You whispered quietly as you lifted one of your hands to slowly run it through his morning hair.

“You’re the cute one” Baekhyun lifted his eyes from the babies to your eyes.

“Do you really have to leave today?” You pouted lightly, already knowing the answer.

“I do…” He sighed lightly “I will be back before you put the babies to bed. I promise”

Sealing his promise with a kiss to your lips, smiling lightly into the kiss, you cradled his head and kept your lips connected with his for as long as you could before he pulled away and rested his forehead against yours.

“Let me know if you need anything, I will talk to you during breaks that I have” Baekhyun lifted his head and pressed a chaste kiss against your forehead before his arms pushed his body up from the mattress.

“Okay” You whispered while nodding your head against the pillow.

Dismounting the bed, Baekhyun padded into the bathroom and conjoined closet to get ready for his day of schedules. Closing your eyes, the early hour allowed you to slowly fall back into sleep while the subtle morning sounds of Baekhyun getting ready soothed you until you were fast asleep.

Opening the bathroom door, Baekhyun smiled seeing your sleeping form among the covers. Padding over to you, he pulled a light blanket over you as he pushed some hair behind your ear before kissing your temple. Heading out of the bedroom, he kept the door open as he made you a small plate of crackers and a glass of water. Slowly entering the bedroom again, he tip toed around the bed and placed the plate of crackers and glass of water on your bedside table. Adding a little note, he smiled and admired you for a moment before grabbing his backpack and headed out of the bedroom door. Closing the door slightly behind him, he then made himself a light breakfast and found the lunch that you packed him the night before. Slipping the food into his bag, he finished up his breakfast before a honk was heard outside. Knowing that was the van, he slipped out the door making sure to lock it after he exited.

Hearing the honk and then the front door close slightly after, you knew that Baekhyun had left. Opening your eyes, you rolled over onto your back as a warm heat began to radiate from your skin. Lifting your hand up, you laid it over your forehead as you took in deep breaths while an all too familiar feeling began to settle in your stomach.

Rolling your head over to your bedside table, you smiled seeing a plate of crackers and water next to your bed along with a simple ‘I love you’ note.

“Daddy sure is sweet” You mumbled to yourself as you lifted a cracker from the plate and slipped the salty cracker between your lips before taking a small bite. Closing your eyes, you let the cracker soften in your mouth before chewing and swallowing. Making sure to take it slow, you hoped that it would cure your morning sickness.

A few crackers later, you stopped and rested your hand over your stomach as you let your stomach decide what it wanted to do with the food. However, you got your answer sooner than you would have liked. Sitting up quickly, you jumped out of bed and rushed towards the bathroom. Kneeling before the porcelain throne, you took deep breaths while your eyes stayed closed. Feeling the feeling subside, you took a deep breath and sat upright, gathering your hair into a low ponytail, you continued to take deep breaths before that feeling became too strong for you to ignore.

Hours ticked by as you stayed within the walls of the master bathroom, vomiting every once and a while and growing weaker, you leaned against the wall as the cool tile helped keep you from falling asleep.

“Sweetie, I’m home” Your husband’s voice rang through the house as the front door closed soon after he announced his arrival.

Wanting to tell him that you were in the bedroom, you opened your mouth but quickly turned and vomited once again. Hearing the odd sound, Baekhyun quickly trotted around the two-bedroom apartment trying to find you. Standing at the doorway of the bathroom, he saw your hunched over figure and approached you as he rested his hand on your shoulder while rubbing your back.

“Sorry” You whispered once you were able to catch your breath.

“Don’t be” Baekhyun kissed your head as he settled down next to you, “Can I get you anything?”

Shaking your head weakly, you leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes while he rubbed your leg letting you relax.  

“I thought this was supposed to go away after the third month” You mumbled against his shoulder finding it incredibly comfy.

“Things might be different when you are carrying twins” Baekhyun reasoned as he rested his head lightly against yours.

“Maybe…” You whispered as you slowly fell into a light sleep.

Hearing your breathing slow and a slight hum, Baekhyun turned his head to see you asleep on him. Finding you absolutely adorable, he kissed your head gently and maneuvered his arms around you. Picking you up with ease, he carried you out to the living room and placed you on the couch so that he could watch you and give you a chance of scenery.

Sitting with you on the couch, he held you close as you slept, pulling out his phone he began doing some research as to how he could help with the morning sickness or if it was a symptom for something else. Scrolling through hundreds of articles, he finally stumbled upon one that provided him with some answers. Looking you over carefully, he tilted his head slightly thinking that possibly you have lost a little weight, which in turn you should be gaining. Thinking back to when he picked you up, he thought you felt lighter than you had previously. Pursing his lips in thought, he glanced down at you cradled between his side and his arm, with the twins pressing against his stomach he leaned down and pressed his lips against your forehead before pulling a light blanket off of the back of the couch and laying it over you.

Flipping on the tv, he surfed the channels before finally settling on an older movie. Keeping the volume low, he played with the ends of your hair while he tried to occupy his mind, however it just caused the medical journals that he had read previously to churn in his mind.

“You would tell me if something was wrong, right?” Baekhyun whispered into your hair as his free hand gently rubbed your stomach. His eyes watched your ballooned belly hoping that everything is okay in there not wanting to lose you or the babies.

A few hours passed as the movie credits rolled across the screen, Baekhyun’s body asleep next to yours before the next show startled him, snapping his eyes open. Pulling his phone from the arm of the couch, he lit up the screen as the bright numbers printed across the screen.

“Let’s get you three into a comfy bed” Baekhyun whispered as he cautiously shuffled you into his arms before he stood up and headed back to the bedroom.

A soft whine came from your lips as he placed you down on the cool covers. Moving your legs under the sheets, he kissed your head softly as you adjusted to the new surface below you. Standing upright a moment, he pulled the chain on the lamp beside your bed, the soft yellow light lightly pushed away the darkness while Baekhyun’s eyes slowly traveled over your bedside table to see the few crackers you ate and the little water you sipped.

Guiding himself around the bed, he crawled in next to you as he slowly wrapped his arms around you again. Bringing you against him, you nuzzled into him, a smile curled onto his lips as he kissed your forehead gently.

“Goodnight love” Baekhyun whispered while his hands moved with every breath you breathed.