She is the problem (Chapter 1)

Namu

 

A spotlight is fixated on her, and Hyemi cannot help but squint. She seems edgy, but that is only because the light shining at her eyes is seriously too blinding.

 

“My relationship? With her?” She asks, almost looking more confused than what actual confusion looks like. Hyemi looks unsure and her thoughts appears the same. She mumbles under her breath the question, as though repeating what was asked to herself again will somehow spit an answer out for .

 

“I don’t know” comes out as the answer after a momentary wait, with the addition of a helpless shrug without trying to think any further, “She’s a roommate,” The look in her eyes tells that she needs an answer more desperately than the guy who gave her the question. “…I guess.” Her eyes also tells that she is sorry that her answers come off very cold, so her eyebrows crunches up in an apologetic manner. “Oh,” She reaches down to her pen and focuses on playing with it instead. “And perhaps a friend of many years.”

 

The spotlight switches off- with only Hyemi’s half-hearted conclusion of “Minha is a good friend and I live with her at the moment,” and she panics inwardly when her sentence sounds a lot more disappointing than it should. Hyemi leaves the room uneasy, with little sense of shame over her poor choice of words and little effort she puts in in their conversation.

 

~~

“You dumb idiot, this is why your book will never get chosen by any publisher!”

 

Sungah is a friend whose family runs a successful restaurant business- so much so that doesn’t actually require herself to go running back to help the business at least half of the time because they were rich enough to employ plenty of staff  to cover the job (even though she still insists that she wants to help sometimes). She is there walking, waving her ice cream threateningly at Hyemi who only smiles, hands full with the multiple samples of her written work.

 

“At least I get to leave one copy with them today." Hyemi chimes, somewhat in a pitiful manner to keep things positive. "There is a chance they will read it and like it.”

 

“I give up nagging you on this."Sungah throws her hands in the air and cries to the sky, "You're too stubborn.” She bites into her ice cream hard, showing the frustration that builds around her dear friend. “How is it that you, upon the completion of writing an entire book, can’t simply give an explanation to the content of your work?” She looks over to Hyemi when the younger doesn’t answers and points the now ice cream stick at the younger girl. “Ugh, you will regret this.”

 

Hyemi looking more serious, truthfully a little more discouraged, replies with a smaller voice, “Yeah. I think I will.”

 

Maybe she is- a little, just a little, too unwilling to share her story with everyone. Well, unwilling, to share their story.

 

~~

 

AN: Oh anyway guys if you ever need to know how this story will unfold, its a spoiler but, it is about loving Park Minha, Bap Minha and Bob Minha