She is the problem (Prologue)

Namu

AN: okay before i regret posting this, lemme first thank for some of your opinions T-T

 

i guess i'll post what i have already come out with :D

 

well i don't know what should be the title (i am really bad at titles) so the chapter's name is the most fitting one at the moment.

 

um, this story is on a more sensitive kind of note, so maybe, maybe there are some chapters that require some trigger warnings...? well if that is if i decided to stick to some of the plots that i have planned lol

 

and my paragraphing is horrendous please help

~~

 

Hyemi’s fingers wrap around the legs, making sure grip is tight, but not marking the flesh with her nails.  The lower limbs straddles around her waist and it feels like a seatbelt she made sure to wear every single time. She lets an arm to cling around her neck for which she specially whines for it to never let go.

 

Slowly she pushes her own legs firmly to unbend until she stood straight. Hyemi accidentally looks at herself in the mirror and notices a smile in the reflection. It isn’t hers but it tugs her lips upwards as well.

 

She hears a joke or two about how the weight on the older girl’s back will be much lighter if they ever plan to stop Sungah from coming by the house every time with so much food- but Hyemi doesn’t mention a word at how much lighter the weight actually is- when contagious laughter reaches her ears.

 

“Stop worrying,” Her own voice comes out airy, between the hearty laughs bubbling out , at the same time reaching for the thighs by her waist as Hyemi pushes up the weight to readjust it to fall evenly on her back and shoulders. “You know I’m used to it.”

 

A head lays itself on Hyemi’s shoulder and it makes her stiffen for a while. “But you are not,” Hair flows down to cover half of her vision but it doesn’t become a thing that fazes the older girl. Something else tugs at her like crazy. “And I don’t believe that you will either.” Hyemi’s pause holds her in her spot for seconds. 

 

Suddenly her smile falters and so does her strength to stand properly.

 

“Min-”

 

Her words is cut by a wrist’s squeezing tighter to her collarbone.

 

“Hyemi- you have never adapted to this. I know that,” And it only gets more suffocating. “But I still trust you.”

 

Her arms raise goosebumps during the days that seems closer to reality than the others and- this is one of these days. Everything is different for me, every day. For us. If anybody asks her- obviously Hyemi wishes to agree to it, every single bit of it. But Hyemi is also one who rather not talk about such things and rejects the subject yet again.

 

She just wants to shut her eyes at the truth, why does this brat have to make it more difficult all the time? Hyemi finds difficulty firming her stance back.

 

“Whatever,” She readjusts the weight one more time, looking up to eye her goal of getting across the living room. “At least you know who is in charge.” She imagines being mentally grumbled at right now, but she doesn’t care. They still have a long day to go.

 

Hyemi counts the amount of careful steps she makes and takes twelve of them, until she manages to lightly lower the body onto the wheelchair. She adjusts the sprawled legs into a comfortable position and ignores all the playful pokes to her face that she receives as distraction.

 

Pulling herself a few feet backwards for a better view, she doesn’t control her smile, staring at the girl sitting gracefully in her wheelchair, wearing that newly bought sundress Hyemi got for her.

 

She just doesn’t hide her satisfaction with all the effort she puts into the morning. Hyemi knows her preparations for a walk in the park didn’t go to waste.

 

‘Pretty’ is all she says to her masterpiece, but the rarity to rake up a compliment from Pyo Hyemi brings a smug look on to the other girl’s face.

 

“Fallen for me? Already?” Hair flicks at the direction of the older girl. “I don’t need to take much effort after all.”

 

Hyemi’s eyes roll. She tries disregarding the tease but still can’t help muttering an ‘ugh’ out of the other party’s annoyance. With no time available to waste, she ignores the laughter directed at her and gingerly grabs the wheelchair handles to push it towards the door.  The day clearly doesn’t pass by any faster other than by getting on with those scheduled.

 

“This is why Park Minha is the problem,” Hyemi half tells herself and half lets the other girl knows on purpose.

 

“Hey”

 

Well lucky for Hyemi- she is fortunate enough to know the fastest way to get back at the girl.

 

~~

AN: CUTE HYEMI AND WHEELCHAIR MINHA IM SCREAMING