The crooks, the heroes and the in-betweens (SeJi)

Namu

AN: Aha my 2nd chapter! this is something else I have been working on, it is somewhat not complete, but if I were to make an improved version of it, I will repost it

~~~

In the chaos, she still sensed her own danger. Guns clicked and they both aimed at each other’s hearts.

 

She smiled at the familiarity of the face, knowing exactly what will result from the situation. Sera was the first to retract her weapon, raising both hands up without much hesitation.

 

“Well, you know me.” Her grin did not leave her face, and left her eyes completely closed. Just in case she died there, she dies without opened eyes. “I wouldn’t shoot if it’s you.”

 

The other girl laughed as though a joke was shared between the both of them. “My mistake, then.” Returning her gun into its holster, Eunji smirked. “C’mon Sera, you know me too.” She takes slow steps to the other woman, gently pushing the pair of hands in the air downwards. “I’m no heartless villain.”

 

Villain? Sera lightly scoffed as her eyes fluttered open. “And I’m no righteous protagonist either.” She was staring smugly at the other woman. “Aren’t we quite even then?” A nod was elicited with much agreement.

 

No matter how hard they try, they will never be the crooks nor the heroes, just the in-betweens. Their respective associated mobs may have a feud between each other and constantly are fighting, but the pair would never take the chance to hurt the other.

 

It was almost like their unspoken pact.

 

Had their leaders be told of the truth, they will be incredibly infuriated to know that the only lead these two followed would be where ever their minds decided to take them to.

 

Stunning. You look stunning today.” Eunji said with a detailed scan to Sera’s body. “Was planning to run the bosses’ errands, but looks like there isn’t a need. I rather be seeing a beautiful someone.” The former's body slid closer towards the latter's a little too conveniently, without permission of course.

 

“Why does it feel that we are on the same page?” Sera reached to finger at the pockets of the other woman’s jeans. She glanced up, and the playful glint in her eyes were evident. “One day, when I leave here, I swear- the only memory I will be bringing with me is you.”

 

“Likewise,” Eunji, hanging a more serious expression on her face, answered with a nod, seemingly more sincere than her pledges to the mob. “And if I were to hear of your escape out of this place, I will make mine.”

 

The banging of the door -that Eunji intentionally locked- broke away their attention from each other before either of them could continue. Both hands were pressed on Sera’s shoulders to lightly push her away.

 

“Go. My guys are fiercer, we won’t stand a chance if caught together.” Sera's eyes showed that she was reluctant to leave, but Eunji's eyes showed that there wasn't a choice to be reluctant. The truth was harsh, and their ambiguous relationship with each other was harsher. They pulled in for a short but rough collision with their lips.

 

Sera made an exit through the other door she came through and fleed obediently- but not before blowing a kiss, and a promise given that they will meet again.

~~~

 

AN: Why does both stories potray kissing as their endings