SaChae | 'My Man' 2

Sanaland

         Monday again. And this time, I’m pretty much so so so so so late. I forgot to do alarm. My another record breaking morning ritual is done within 30minutes. I hurried downstairs and see a cup of coffee and a newspaper that Dad forgot to clean since he is hurrying too. Like father, like daughter. I throw his coffee dregs on the sink and hurry on my car.

         I strolled to my first class which was History. I took my seat just before the late bell rang. Our teacher wastes no time in getting the class’s attention so did checking out the lates. Lucky me.

         The classes went so boring. Always. I sat on the empty bench of the balcony and again be alone myself. I opened the cellular data of my hand phone before bunch of unread notification flashed on the status bar. I didn’t pay much attention to some. Just in Mina’s direct message that is sent few minutes ago.

         EmpressMyoui:  Sana. Where are you?

         I quickly made a reply.

      sanapomu:  Balcony. You?

      EmpressMyoui:  I’m off to balcony.

    sanapomu:  Did you miss me that much?

      EmpressMyoui:  If I’m just sociable enough, I would never ask for your company.

   sanapomu:  Did my cousin just texted that on me?

  ShutUpAndKissMe:  Hey lovely, Goodmorning.

   sanapomu:  Don’t Goodmorning Goodmorning me when I’m asking you the hell!

         I then put my phone on the table. Then I—FREAKING NOT MINA’S USERNAME AGAIN. I quickly grab my phone up and see the username—

          “Boo!”

          “SHUT UP AND KISS ME!” I accidentally lets out the username loud when someone surprised me at my back but when I turned around, the culprit is much surprised than I was.

          “Did you just ask me to kiss you?” It was Momo-san. Oh  what the clumsy  you are Minatozaki Sana!!!!!!

          “N-No! Of course not! You wrongly heard ‘You surprised me Momo’ to ‘shut up and kiss me’,” I lamely reasoned waiting for another batch of teasing but I surprised myself when she just nods in all understanding.

          “Okay. I thought you said Shut up and kiss you,”

         I shake my head. I think I found someone I can overpower the IQ. I replied “Not shut up and kiss me—”

          “Oh. Cousin, are you on kissing spree?” Mina cuts me and came walking beside me. God. This day is all a matter of face palm.

          “Yeah. She said shut up and kiss me to me.” Momo said to Mina and I can’t help but to roll an eye.

          “Okay enough with the kiss!” I held my hands stopping both of them.

          “But you told Momo-san to kiss you,” Mina can sometimes the most clever person you know and sometimes be the worst Idiot you didn’t wish to know.

          “I will kiss you,” Momo san puckers up her lips and I gave her the face so they should start acting their ages. “Okay. I won’t shut up since I won’t kiss you,” she said.

          “Oh Hi Momo san, you’re here!” Mina greeted reenacting the scene that is supposed to happen when we didn’t mess with Shut Up and Kiss me thing.

          “Oh Hi Mina san! Ohayo,” Momo replied. Again, another face palm. God must be crazy.

          “Guys please shut up—”

          “And kiss you?” Mina completed my sentence.

          “AND I WILL KICK YOU,” I said emphasizing each words. She pouted on her place. “I haven’t even done with your text about my company Myoui Mina!”

          “That’s supposed to be a joke my lovely cousin. Please understand that I don’t use punctuation marks when I’m walking,” Mina reasoned and massages me on my shoulder. I just sigh to release the will of getting her in her collar and scold her. Relax Sana. You can’t just murder a cousin.

         A loud heavy steps in the balcony and sudden lands of someone in our table cause me to jerk in another surprise this morning. I rose up my face to see Chaeyoung in front of me running out of her breath. She is once again wearing a turtle neck shirt, this time a navy blue one inside the gray long coat. Her hair is on her one side wave making it looks like Gong Yoo’s hair. Summarizing in one word, she is manly.

          “M- Momo...... The stock room.... Why Momo!”  She breathed heavily, not being able to even remotely turn any of her words into a coherent sentence.

          “Chaeyoung relax!” Momo said. I take the opportunity to return the good faith by caressing her back but in quick movement, she made it impossible for me.

          “I can’t relax! Please follow me!” She said and immediately run away from us like she’s always in hurry running for her own life. I didn’t even say complete thank yous and didn’t even have chance to enjoy her manliness again.

          “Excuse me girls.” Momo excuses herself. “Chaeyoung wait!!” Sigh. Sigh. And another sigh.

--

          “Guys will be on this side and girls will queue here. Is that still hard to comprehend?” Students with a school logo tied in their left arm aka the students council is now on duty getting the line of freshmen and sophomore lining up to get some theater coupons. I don’t get why my eyes were seeking for that specific officer that is yet to be found.

          “Sana. Are we really here to get coupon? Look. It was like a live train to busan!” Mina said pertaining to the wild numbers of students queuing for coupon.

          “Nope. I changed my mind. Let’s go back to balcony,” I said with my eyes still on the search of that manly officer. We walked away from the crowd and decided to just pick necessary books in my locker. To my surprise, some bunch of letters fly off my face like they made my locker some drop box entry of raffle draws or else, a trash bin. I heard laughter from some seniors who think its funny thing to have a locker full of trashes. I was about to turn and fight those es when my eyes caught a pair of glittering shoes in the ground in front of my locker. I crouched and take it. It’s my shoes. With a sticky note pasted on it.


I fix it a little. You cannot use it again. Just keep it as remembrance of that party.
 —Chaeyoung.

         Of all the letters I received, this one made my smile ears to ears although it’s far from being a sweet message. I gathered all the trashes and put Chaeyoung’s cute sticky note in the side wall inside the locker.

          “Sanaaa I’ll be in ballet room!” Mina hollered on me and without even waiting for my reply she vanished together with her ballet mentor. My cousin ditched me. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

          “Please make it possible,” her voice made me gasp and suddenly turn where it came from. I spotted her in the varsity jacket while her phone is in between her cheeks and shoulder since her hands were full package of documents and a tray of canned coffees. Chaeyoung. She’s obviously going inside the radio room. She is just talking with someone on her phone. “Thanks please. I’ll look forward to it,” I didn’t hear the other talk when she went inside the room fully handed.

         I walked down the balcony and hear a familiar voice over the school speaker. “Hello students!” Its Chaeyoung’s voice. Why did I just realize that she’s one of the School student Jocks? “How’s everyone? Doing well? Some updates about the crazy number of freshmen and sophomores lining for theater coupon oh my. Theater Club is now a thing. If you haven’t got free coups, help yourself with some because it’s worth of a long queue. Just don’t forget to obey rules and be safe. Have a great day ahead. This requested song came from the seniors of 12-E the ‘Goodbye 20 by Lim Kim,” and when the song played I smiled imagining things that Chaeyoung is now doing. Well, I just love imagining things just so you know.