SaChae | 'My Man'.1

Sanaland

“Sana get up. Its morning,” I heard the warm and Inviting word from daddy followed by few sounds of curtain moving. He draped off the thick maroon cover of the window causing some sun shines on me. I jerked and stretched my whole thin body still lazying around before I feel him kissing me on my temple. “I’m off to hospital now. Just here to remind you that you’ll be late at thirty My Princess,” he said. He was a doctor and it’s a norm for them to be off so early. I’m just a student whose house is few blocks away from the university so it’s also a norm that I’ll be always late.

I just hum yea and common ‘five more minutes’ to him with my eyes still closed. I heard him sigh before making his way out my room. Too lazy to do everything.

The sound of my alarm jerks me out of my sleep. The ‘five more minutes’ were gone. If I didn’t stop being a bummer, I’ll be late for good. First day in disciplinary is not that great. I rub my eyes, half-dead and slam the off button. I decided its best I get up before Mina, my best friend cousin decides to scold me some more in school for being late. Yanking the charger out of my phone, I notice in the notification the banner of “Senior Day” it’s another academic year I’m about to do.

I hastily walk down the kitchen and see breakfast is already prepared. I walk directly on the fridge so I can quench some thirst I got last night. Gurgling some cold water, I spit out on the sink and put some cream on my toothbrush. After brushing, I intently looked at the rolled omelet and other sausages. I put some on my mouth even the mint of my toothpaste still working. I spit them out. It doesn’t taste that appealing so I just decided to go shower first.

After the completion of my morning rituals, I slipped a pair of normal jeans, and v cut tees not making so much effort with fashion. I tied up my hair and took my flats at the shoe rack beside before I hump on my car and stretch on my neck burning up some gasses. Although University is just near, the stride inside the subdivision didn’t come helpful so I still needed my car.

I parked on the southern before taking my things and locking up my car. I did my usual sauntered down on my locker and feel those eyes from the batch of old and new students boring on me. It’s not like; I’m not used getting attention duh. I don’t mind them eye-ing me thinking good or bad about me. I don’t care. It’s the first day of my senior year, and I know that I’m already well known as a and take the chance to wear the title proudly. Whether what good or bad things I do, they always come and judge me like they’re saints and I’m the only sinner doing the whole shebang.

It practically started after the day the junior time was over. At that Prom night that I literally cascaded shadows on the pretty girls’ insecurities, labeling me temperamental prima donna. It’s not my fault being so pretty that night. Boy’s swoons over me and other girls envy me after getting the crown of Prom Queen. Pretty much of a short story on how I gained the tittle . Really, idle minded studs everywhere.

I decided to collect the few letters and flowers that effortly left on my locker and gets my books to my first subject. Heading on my room, I spotted a bin and throw the letters in there. Everything. Just to show that I don’t have time entertaining their fantasies. The cheerleading team came into my view and plastered fakest from the fakest smile on me. Four of them.

“Hi Sana!” Minji greeted although I find it disgusting to be smiling back with them, I pulled off some confident smile.

“Hi there everyone.”

“How’s the prom Queen vacation? More like a Prom ?” The leader of the four that I barely know the name mocked me. They all gave me a laugh and I smirked in return.

“Ask your boyfriend.” I smartly replied and hear the bystanders and other students laugh at my witty remark. It made the leader Infuriated. Obvious on how she blushed and almost an invisible smoke coming out from her ear. Before even the war starts—that I know I will never say no—we heard few claps of hand and all our attention fall into specific midget that is newly sophomore assigned in the student council. She’s not that midget since I’m just few centimeter long from her and she had this boyish cut of her hair almost 80’s fashion but not here to loom on Chaeyoung’s fashion tho. You hear me. She’s Son Chaeyoung of Student’s council.

“I will appreciate it sunbaes if you won’t made dramatic entrance of this academic year so back off,” she bravely shooed everyone away. I rolled my eyes and just walk down the corridor.
 

 



First subject up to third, I honestly can say I didn’t find it entertaining. Hopping into my car, I drive down to the diner a couple blocks away. I put Arianna Grande songs on the stereo and relax.

I pushed the door to be welcomed by nose pleasing smell of espresso coffee and few pastries. I smiled ear to ear when I spotted my cousin at the counter waving at Me. “Minatozaki-sama!” She called. I walked down on her.

“Give me ‘Sana order’.” I winked at her. Being a patron of her mini business, I already created my own order here. Just blueberry muffins and cranberry smoothies. She puts the order on my usual place and also sits parallel to me.

“Howdy!” She excitedly greeted.

“If you’re to ask about the first day, it’s boring.” I speak in advance.

“You’re always bored.” She tsk-ed me and found my disappointment amusing.

“Your shift is coming. Take that apron off before you’re marked as late,” I tell her. She is Myoui Mina, a girl of my same level but differs from me, she’s known for being a Teacher’s pet. What would you expect to the smartest woman in the university? I am somehow wondering are we really cousin? Why I don’t have the sporty, ballerina, smart- and other positive attitude she had? We often got compared into a yin and yang—duh. I won’t blame them as much as I won’t make effort recognizing their criticism. I love my cousin with all the heart and they’re all not worth even slight of my opinion.

“I will ditch the first day,” I almost spit out my chewed food in her reply. Did I just said smartest woman in university? I take it back now. 

She smiled in my surprised look. “Yah. School is boring. You know it well Sana.” She added. I am now completely taking back all the positive thoughts I’ve given earlier.

“Where did you take my cousin?” I fake a whining that she just replied with gummy smile. I know she’s aware of what I’m talking about.

“We go different schedule now. I’ll be alone. I don’t have other friends. I refused to befriend everyone in the school; I refused to turn mean like they were. I only have a few acquaintances who knew their place,” she said and it made me realize on how dependent she sounded. I chucked on my tongue and bats on my lips.

“You sound helpless.” I said and rolled an eye. “By the way, week start is still irregular classes. You still have time basking,” I added. Another costumer came and she went asking for order while I’m here left devouring sweet delights that I grew on liking as I plugged on my earphones enjoying both worlds. 

Mina made this mini shop last year but the people come to like all her treats causing the business to grow in just matter of a year. She is just almost same age as me yet she already made some sense of her life while here I am being left as the girl who didn’t even know what course to take in upcoming college life.

When Jun.K’s music was on, I decided to just skip it. I took my phone and choose the music app before I hear a slight sound and I look up from it, my eyes adjusting to the new sight that is again, Mina. I pull my headphones out of my ear and I pay attention to her. “Do you need more blueberry muffins?” She asked and I just realized that I was done with the food. I shake my head and handed her my card that she gradually refused. “That’s for free Love. Just update me with news on the school,”

“Tell that to newspaper club. They knew all the things around the premises even when part of the week did the canteen issues more veggies.” I joked. 

“Touché,” She smiled at me and takes all the dishes. “By the way, take care of your drive back to University,” we bid goodbyes before I headed back on my car. 

I’m still not in the best mood coming back to University but I think I need to. Driving off from Mina’s shop, I went down the vacant balcony for some peace and tranquility. It’s kind of peaceful to look at the freshman year playing PE at the ground while you’re all surrounded with books. The only noise you’re hearing is the student jock from the University radio saying hi’s and hellos and how’s the vacation blah blah blah.

“We all have the whole year of fun learning and adventures! I’m Sophomore DJ Little Beast and here’s the song for you. Have a great day ahead!” The she-DJ then played Girl’s Day song ‘Let’s Go.’ I just jammed on the song and hum the lyrics before the bell rang signaling another schedule starts. Sigh.



Weekends and Dad is said to attend some ball occasion that his head doctor will throw on the downtown hall. I had my literal ear to ear smile when he told me that I’m his muse for the night. I liked classic themed like parties. The dresses and formal wears! I loved it!

Although I had almost a mansion sized wardrobe, I still can’t find decent dress to wear. I decided to do online shopping. I browsed for some gowns and dresses and spotted this pink cocktail dress that shone among the displayed dresses on the monitor. I looked on available sizes and felt extra lucky to find one that will fit on me. I immediately click on the purchase button and enter my card code. It got me excited for sure.

Not a minute later, the doorbell rung showing up a man from the online shop agency. He hand me the huge gray box and lets me sign some papers. I pounded my very excited feet on the upstairs and bring the box in my room. I feel my insides bubble with excitement. I throw myself on my bed, carefully peeling the bag away and opening the large box. Inside laid a classy pink coloured dress. Perfect for the ball night.

With enthusiasm, I stripped myself and fit on the gown in record breaking time. My eyes glitter on how the dress fits perfectly on me. “Daddy!!” I took up the hem of the dress and run into my father’s room. I felt bad for cutting his study but I’m his very excited daughter proud of the dress I just purchased. “Look!”

“Oh my. Baby is maturing so fast. You look so beautiful with that dress.” I proudly modeled myself and strike some pose in front of him. He proudly claps his hands with standing ovation.

“Do you think it’s good? I love it!” I excitedly asked.

“It’s superb darling. Sadly, no prom queen in that ball party were about to attend.”

“Nah. I am just loving all classic dresses! I’m excited for tonight!”

“You sure are.” He said and I just give him tight hug before I run back on my room. I took some snaps of myself and posted it on my social media account. Not a minute, I gained more attention and good feedbacks on my look. What caught my attention is Mina’s username on the comments.


EmpressMyoui: omy! A goddess!?? I love you senpai~ Notice meee! ♥♥

I laugh at her puns and typed for a reply.


Sanapomu: You got all the loves xoxo @EmpressMyoui.

I throw my phone on bed and strip to get back on house clothes. When I got my mobile phone back, I received a direct message from EmpressMyoui.


SHE: Cous what’s with the looks? Had plans for tonight?

 

ME: Daddy’s party. At the hall. I’m excited Myoui Minaa ✨✨

 

SHE: You obviously are. Goodluck!

With that, I dreamingly looked at my dress. My phone vibrated again when It received another direct message.


Pretty lady Good luck with the party! All the loves xx

Thinking that it was Mina, I typed for the reply.

Thank you, gorgeous! I love you 💋!

I blinked my eyes twice when I read the user name ShutUpAndKissMe omy. Did I just say ‘I Love You’ to this username? I’m about to reply a wrong sent, I heard loud knocks on my door. I decided to just let it slide and answer whoever knocking on my door.

Who else it would be. Of course Daddy. “Sana, you better prepare now since we will make your hair done for 30.” He reminded me and I just nod and smiled at him.

 

 




We reached the hall and it was now gold colored place adorned with lots of white and gold curtains and classy sophisticated motif. Flowers are everywhere and colonnaded Corinthians and some small bridge with organic small pond. Idols and totems designed into it making it looks so classic. Its wide opened holy places for classic party maniac just like me. I can’t stop loving the place itself! The guest and also servers are wearing suit and ties, olds and young age like me looks elegant with their dresses. I’m freaking in love with the view!

Orchestra band starts to play some quite fine John Strauss symphony and I hummed at the music. “Dr. Kim, this is my daughter, Sana.” I just hear Dad randomly introducing me to the tenth of his friends and co-professionals. I smiled at them and give the best to show all my charms.

“Bonny damsel you have, Dr. Minatozaki,” I got countless kisses at the back of my palm that I wipe with some hygienic alcohol—Not being able to imagine gentleman doing indirect kisses using my hands—Daddy excuses himself from me when the sons and daughter of his friends came talking to me. I take some time adjusting to new formal friends complementing me and so on and forth. The music changes into something sweet and only the city mayor’s son had the courage to ask me for a dance although I didn’t look that scary to ask. I humbly accepted his offer and we dance in the solemn music.

I sat back to our table with Dad still with his friends although I don’t feel alone since I got company from my new friends. The foods were served but I still find myself full. I don’t want to look so fat when I made over-eating in this party. I smiled and nod my head every time they ask me to eat. 

I excuse myself and just take glass of champagne that formed pyramid in the middle table. I went on the very silent part of the place which happen to be the little bridge and organic pond that filled with wiggling cois. The moon strike through it making the view much majestically in shade of silver light. I roamed my eyes around and at the cross place, I curled up my brows when I spotted familiar person sitting silently on the swing. And she’s not alone. She’s with another woman in long cream dress with golden hair tied in a bun. I silently made my way near them to confirm if they were someone I know.

To confirm it, I just knew this short haired girl wearing a long sleeve dark turtle neck shirt and black jeans with sneakers, obviously didn’t come here for party. She is just handling almost empty plates of foods while the other girl in cream dress is still eating in unfeminine way.

“Son Chaeyoung?” I asked myself remembering the name of the short haired guy—I mean girl that looks like a handsome guy in her get up.

It’s far from stalking the two but I immediately hide myself when the student council girl stood up carrying her plate. She came on the buffet table and using all her might, she hides and sneaks some foods on it. Getting a full shedloads of meats and desserts, she walks back with the girl in the swing and feast on that obnoxious amount of food she takes.

Seriously. Incredibly big eaters OMG.

The golden haired girl did the same sneaking for food and coming back on the swing while laughing. I think she’s narrating to Chaeyoung how she almost got caught taking crazy amount of foods in her plate. They both eat while talking about something so funny. Incredible. I didn’t know that there’s still a girl that can eat such foods without minding about their weights! With my self-consciousness, I just smell Mina’s cookies; I think I’ll gain weight.

I observed them for more minutes and saw they already emptied their plates heol. Sugoii.

I take jar of cold water and two red solo cups and with all the admiration, I went to their place handing the water to them. Based on their reactions, I obviously surprised them both. Like they did to me.

“Here’s water for you ladies. I bet it’ll help you digesting heavy amounts of foods you got,” I curtly offered and pour solo cups for them.

Chaeyoung choked in her place surprising me in process. I hand her the first solo cups and help her tapping her back. The golden haired woman helps me with Chaeyoung and does the same with worries.

“Chaenggii~ Are you okay?” She asked with her thin and small nasal voice.

“I’m fine Momo unnie.” Chaeyoung said so I came back my place and pour water to give it to the other woman. She accepts it with cute thank you.

The awkward silence came into us three. I am just tapping my fingers on my lap while looking to both of their expressions. Obviously, Chaeyoung can’t give me straight face. She seems distracted with me here. “Did I make you guys uncomfortable?” I had personal talent of asking the obvious.

“Not really. We just can’t come up with some nice topic to throw.” The girl whom I learned that is Momo-san said awkwardly.

“You’re both Incredible. I mean the foods.” With that, Chaeyoung cleared and I think the topic just made her uncomfortable.

“Since when did you watched us?” Momo san asked ignoring Chaeyoung’s obvious discomfort. She’s just paying attention with me while having proud smile. Like eating that huge amount is something to be proud of.

“Not too long. I just see Chaeyoung ssi so I followed her. I’m sorry. It’s my curiosity to blame.” I said in all honestly. I heard Momo-san giggles at her place but my eyes is on the thing Chaeyoung handed on me. My handkerchief.

“Oh?” I asked and take it from her.

“I supposed that you’d be here in the party so I bring that hanky you left in the school balcony,” her voice is stark and almost monotonous.

“How did you know its Sana chan’s hanky?” Momo san asked. I don’t remember saying my name to her so how—maybe a school mate?

“The perfume,” Chaeyoung said and it creeps me out a bit. How can she tell it’s MY perfume on the hanky? Creepy.

And like she got connected with my mental voice, she looked at me and said. “I spotted two freshmen years fighting who will have this hanky of yours so I’m being a peace officer myself, I decided to be the one returning this hanky on you. Don’t think something dirty Ms. Minatozaki,” she explained although I’m not saying a thing.

“Its the defense mechanism who spoke. Not Chaeyoung.” Momo-san joked what’s playing on my mind. Chaeyoung’s face color changed into some vibrant shade of red. The officer smacked Momo’s left arm and takes her duffle bag on the sideline to leave us both.

I felt guilty about it (although it’s cute and funny) so I come to run for her. Unlucky me, I got my clumsy self tripped on some little innocent stone causing me to shriek a little because of the sudden pain. I think I broke my bone TT. They both aren’t that quick but I still fond them helping me. Especially Chaeyoung since she’s on her jeans and it was easy for her to perform much agility.

She helps me up my feet and guides me to seat down the swing. Crazy. I got my stilettos broken. It’s very heart breaking. How can my things be just as clumsy as I am?

“The heels are broken!” Momo said picking up the piece of broken heels.

“Are you hurt? Did it hurt your toes? Please allow me to see it,” Chaeyoung said having so much respect to not just take my dress up and find my broken heels. I nod and take the hem of the dress up. Aghhh. I got my heel sore, I’m cryingggggg TT.

“How much is this shoes? It looks so pretty, it saddened me!” Momo san faked a cry but I’m too pained to pay much attention.

“Does it hurt?” Chaeyoung asks and I felt her warm hands had contact with my legs and toes. The way she gently put some pressure in the areas are therapeutic. I almost moaned when she manages to get the center where it aches the most. She twisted it gently until the pain converted itself to some sort of comfort in Chaeyoung’s hand. “Does it still hurt?” She asked.

“Barely,” I replied not wanting her warm therapeutic hands to lost contact with my toes. She did. She just holds it with her left and takes something in her duffle bag in her right. It was a pair or sky blue snicker designed with few colorful cute doodles. She gently took off both my high heels and replaces them with flats.

“There. Just make sure to cover it with your dress or your fashion will be a mainstream,” she joked and let’s go off my legs. I missed her warm for a moment. I watched as she takes my now-trash heels inside her duffle bag. “I bet you won’t destroy your image carrying such broken heels or even duffle bag. I’ll return this to you on Monday, is it fine?” I just nod finding no words to say. She’s very kind.

“Chaeyoung I think it’s a bad news.” Momo san said causing both of us to look on her direction. There, we find two of the security guards eyeing Chaeyoung.

“Found you sneaky rat!” And like a ninja, Chaeyoung puts the duffle bag on her shoulders and jumps on the high concrete walls to avoid getting caught by the security guard. I hitched my breath almost completely lose it when she almost tripped because of the curtain designed on the wall. I covered my mouth in all worries but sighed when she completely made it in the other side.

“Go catch the girl! Outside!” The leader of the guards still runs for her. I am far from being religious but I found myself praying for her safety.

“Did you see that? My friend is awesome!! A real Ninjaaa! Little Beast Ninjaaaaa!” Momo cheered like it was nothing to her. Like she is just watching some action movie. HEOL..

 

 






 
 
It’s me, Jan.
 
Hey! Thanks for dropping by here and waste few minutes of your life reading my mind’s masterpiece and Holler to this awesome users: xMichaengx, rainbowfluff, info_kh99 for vote up! Don’t hesitate to commentssssssss your wild reactions about the story since comments can make your karma points increase too yay!