chapter two

Chances and Changes

 

(The next day)

(at the gym)

The basketball team having  a daily practice during the break, they preparing for the games in the next two weeks.

“I maybe just your coach assistant, but here when the Kim coach wasn’t present im in charge in every practice, you heard that?” said Yoon Doojoon, senior year.

“Now, Everyone. Get a line !”  he starts blowing the whistle.

“The only things we want this season is...”

“Back to back champion!” said everyone

“Now thats a spirit.” Said Doojon.

Woohyun raising hand.

“Hey, coach assistant. Yo I mean Doojoon, you heard about what happend with us right?”

“About what?”

“Miss Narsha said the sophomore year having a spring musical, The entire student on my class was included.”

“You mean?” He pointed three of them.

Myungsoo, Kai, and woohyun raised their hand.

“It cant be! We have a game season. I have to reported to the coach.” Said Doojoon frustated

“Well we’re not planning to join either.” Said Kai

(at the Miss Narsha office.)

“Miss please, we have a game in two weeks, practice everyday, I mean this is my last hoops in my senior year, i need the extra credits.” Said Doojoon

 “You could have your senior buddy to replaced them or whatever, and I expected my students body on your team can make it for the casting call that starting tomorrow. End of discussion.”

“Ma’am i cant, please at least let them parctice for two weeks to focus on the game, after that...”

“After that? What? You’re gonna responsible with joining my musical? Great. Bravo. I agree with you, end discussion, back to your class.” Said Narsha

“What? Miss ...?”

(on buletin board : Casting call spring musical starting tomorrow end of school time, Drama and Theater Club Studio)

 

(The other day)

(at rooftop)

“Hey, you’re here. Again.” Said Myungsoo.

“Well yeah, its me.” She smiled at him.

“What are you doing?” ask him

“Arranged some flowers, make some arts.” Answered her

“Oh i already got a permission from the head of gardening club, they welcoming me.”

“You joined them?”ask him

“No, but to stay here, to draw, eats, sleeps, missing classes, anything.” She smiled at him.

“You bring a guitar.”

“Oh, this one.” She show it to him. “Its not mine, its my friend, he wants me to hide it from his friends. His helping some friend on music department. Working on musical.” Said Naeun.

She took out a paper sheet from inside the guitar’s bag.

“You wanna try to play it?” she ask him and handing the guitar.

“You know how to sing it?” ask him

“A little.” Said her.

( Song playing : just wanna be with you – ost high school musical 3, performed by Troy/Gabriella )

“Your friend make this?”

“Of course not. They’re original soundtrack. Well I dont know you could play.” She said

”I dont know you could sing either.” He said. They smiling.

“Well im not that great, Eunji is better vocalist than me. She is really good.” She said

“I know, i mean i have a friend like that. In my team. He’s a good singer, it just im better than him at basketball” he said.

“Wanna come along to the casting?” he ask.

 

(at drama and theater club studio)

“What are we doin here? I dont understand, Dhee.” Ask krystal.

“We dont have a choice, she would call our names one by one.” Said Dasom

Well Krystal and Dasom was the only cheersquad in their class, Unfortunately their homeroom teacher was changed to Miss Narsha when the school starting this semester.

“And what we’re gonna do for this casting call?” ask krsytal

“Dance is an option Miss Jung, But singing would not be an option to all of you. Welcome in our spring musical.” Said Miss Narsha while walking on the stage.

Everyone were applausing.

“Everyone will getting turn to sing our selected song, Individually and duet. You can starting to looking for partner from now on.” Said Miss Narsha

“Before that, Meet our new president of drama club that would help me the entire musical, Bae Suzy, and responsible for music, Jung Eunji and Ravi.”

Everyone were applausing.

“Im welcoming everyone for joining our fabulous drama club, sophomore and junior students you can contact our secretaries Yook Sungjae, or my assistant, Joy. Thank you.” Said Suzy.

“Did I heard it wrong or she just promoting their own club in front of us? Ask Dasom

“Dont know dhee just ignored her.” Said Krystal

“Now can we get the participant names?” ask miss narsha

Everyone were silent.

“Does anyone doesnt want to coorperate with me?” ask Narsha with angry tone. She heard some of them giggling and chatting between themselves.

“Fine then, Miss Jung bring me the names for the duet in our class. And give them the song that should be on musical.” Said Miss Narsha.

Eunji that shock when Miss Narsha shouting her names, begin to write some names into pairing in her classes. Maybe its a good chance for everyone to know each other, Im so sick to deal with them everytime at school, she thought.

“Give me those names.” Ask Miss Narsha

Eunji hurriedly bring the names to Miss Narsha.

“Miss Park and Mr Nam, Mr lee and Miss Bae,and last Mr Kim and Miss Son. Everyone that on the list meet me next week for the duet casting”

Now everyone were protesting the decision.

“What do you mean Mr Kim with Miss Son, Ma’am?, Kai cannot be paired with Son Naeun. It has to be me” ask Krystal in furious.

She look again the names, “Oh I mean Mr Kim Myungsoo and Miss Son Naeun. Well you could partner up with Mr Kai then Miss Krystal Jung.” Said Miss Narsha. Now Krystal seems confused. Did she just said to including me and Kai for duet?

“You cant do that Ma’am, we have daily practice.” Said Jongin

“Yeah and next week were the big games.” Said woohyun

“Well the show must go on, The Basketball team, or Im gladly accept the three of you in my detention after school in two weeks. Better be late than not at all.”  Narsha said.

Everyone murmuring how can this happend to themselves. They have to stay focus on their status quo, and study for exams, thats what they said eventhough exams is still far away.