on the train

on the train

 

To minmin;
Taemin hyung, I'm on the train home!!!! ;D 18.04

To hyukkie;
Yo what!? Same! 18.06

Hyuk looked up from his phone in surprise. Taemin was on the train too? Could he be on the same one? He stood up from his seat, narrowly avoided smacking his head into the overhead luggage rack, but unfortunately misjudged the amount of space he had on either side and elbowed the window. Hard.
"Ah !" He exclaimed, sidestepping but totally forgetting about the suitcase he had stashed in the footwell of the aisle seat to his left. Thank god he didn't actually fall over it, even if he did startle the person in the seat in front by grabbing their head rest out of the blue.
The soft sound of someone snickering came to his ears as he steadied himself and he looked around quickly, searching out the source. And then he saw him. Hands delicately covering his mouth as he snorted with muffled laughter, Taemin was siting a few rows ahead, facing in the opposite direction. His eyes met Hyuk's through his over long fringe and he gave a little wave before beckoning him over. Hyuk was mostly wondering if he could have embarrassed himself any more, but he also couldn't believe that he had completely missed his older friend when he was boarding the train. Perhaps he'd just been a bit too preoccupied with the bag, suitcase and skateboard he'd been trying to manoeuvre (preferably without causing any substantial damage to himself or anyone else in the process). Taemin beckoned to him again and he made up his mind to move - travelling alone was never that fun. 
He stepped out over the suitcase and skateboard - at least his long limbs were good for something - then turned around and gathered up all his things, wishing that the trains didn't have to tilt going around every corner as he made his unsteady way along the aisle. Thankfully the other passengers, when they saw him coming, endeavoured to get the hell out of the way so he made it to Taemin's side without incidence.
"Could you be any more incompetent if you tried?" Taemin asked as he shifted across to the window seat, grinning broadly.
"I mean, probably," Hyuk replied with a matching grin, allowing his friend to take his skateboard from him whilst he stashed his bag overhead.
"Are you serious?" The question seemed to come out of nowhere and he glanced down to see Taemin turning the board over in his hands.
"Sorry, what, hyung?" Hyuk asked distractedly, somehow succeeding at wedging the suitcase in between his seat and the seat in front. He climbed into his seat and accepted the board back with a sigh. That was too much effort.
"That," Taemin clarified, nodding at the board, "you're already pretty freaking accident prone, don't you think that might just kill you?" Hyuk laughed nervously.
"We learn from our mistakes?" He offered, but his unsure tone turned it into a question and Taemin's snickering evolved into outright laughter. "I mean, it won't necessarily be a disaster?" He gave his friend a little nudge when he laughed even harder. "You're so mean to me hyung!" He harrumphed and pretended to sulk, crossing his arms and pushing his bottom lip out. Taemin stared at him for a moment, poked him in the side then, when he got no response, he poked Hyuk's cheek with a slender finger, crowing in victory when the younger's facade broke. "Your hair's getting pretty long hyung," Hyuk observed, attempting to shift the focus away from himself. He reached out and swiped at Taemin's fringe which, unstyled, just brushed the bridge of his nose. "I don't think I've ever seen you with such long hair." Taemin looked surprised. He gaped for a moment before shifting so that he could slide his phone from his pocket.
"Dude, I've had hair past my shoulder before!" He exclaimed, unlocking his phone and opening Facebook. "I can't believe I've never shown you!" This time it was Hyuk who found himself gaping like a fish.
"When?" Was all he could manage to say as he leaned in close to see the screen.
"Oh, years ago," Taemin murmured, scrolling through a tonne of profile pictures until he found what he was looking for. The Taemin in the picture was younger and rounder faced, but of course, the thing that stood out to Hyuk the most was the layered blonde hair that fell last his shoulders, framing his face beautifully as he grinned at the photographer - likely a friend. Hyuk stole the phone, looking to his friend for permission before swiping back a few more pictures. The long hair was ever-present although the styling and colouring changed. It seemed like Taemin had had long hair for a substantial amount of time and, damn, had it suited him. "So what do you think?" Hyuk looked up from a picture of  a brunette staring into the distance, long hair in a messy ponytail. Taemin grinned at him. "Like what you see?" Hyuk shoved him playfully.
"Hyung! Gosh, why are you like this? You looked cute, okay? It suited you." He tried to look sincere, convey that he truly meant it. "So why did you cut it?"
"Oh it got annoying," his friend said flippantly, moving on swiftly, "you should see how many times Kibum has changed his hair, did you know he shaved it once?" Their conversation shifted to Kibum's hair and then Hyuk's hair, which had been a few pretty awesome colours over the years, and slowly the three hour train journey began to seem more manageable. Until Hyuk realised that he needed the loo.
"Hyuk?" Taemin asked and Hyuk just grunted in response, frowning. Do I really need to pee? Yes. Yes he really did need to pee. What had been a niggling feeling in the back of his head for a while was now an unavoidable pressure on his bladder. Damn, he really needed to pee. He awkwardly uncrossed and recrossed his legs where he'd managed to somehow wedge them against the seat in front even though he was pretty sure that the space between his seat and the one in front was shorter than his thighs. Taemin, who'd b staring at him expectantly, noticed the movement and glanced down briefly. "There's never enough space is there..." He observed with a wry smile.
Hyuk intended to respond with something intelligent like that's very true or yes, I've noticed but there was one thing on his mind and so;
"I need to pee!" He blurted out, flushing bright red immediately after. Taemin blinked at him, snorted, and then nodded.
"Yeah? Me too." He leaned in conspiratorially. "I needed to pee when I got on the train, I've just been holding it in because I hate train toilets." He hissed. 
"Same..." Hyuk breathed, I crossing his legs again - crossing them seemed to put more pressure on his bladder as his skinny jeans hugged his hips. "Dammit," he muttered, standing swiftly and causing Taemin to rear back in surprise, "I've reached my limit, I have to pee now!" He declared, ducking down as a few passengers turned round to look at him curiously. Taemin leaped up after him.
"Wait, me too! I need to go too!" More stares. Hyuk cringed, wishing he wasn't so tall and noticeable as he forlornly considered the excessive amount of luggage they had between them. Could they leave it? "Toilet's that way." Taemin said, pointing to the front of the train but Hyuk was still considering the luggage issue.
"I'm bringing my backpack," he mumbled; all the expensive stuff was in that bag, clothes he could afford to lose. Maybe. Taemin swivelled round, suddenly having the same realisation.
"Oh , our stuff." He looked miserable as he gazed up at his bags stashed overhead. With a heavy sigh, he too pulled one down and then another. "These are the important ones, let's go." Hyuk turned in the direction Taemin said the toilets were and was immediately confronted with an obstacle; someone, who admittedly had good taste in jeans, had decided that it was appropriate to fall asleep stretched out across the aisle with their body on one pair of seats and their feet on the opposite set.
"Are you serious?" He breathed, sighing as he psyched himself up to step over them. He gripped the headrest of a nearby seat and stepped carefully over. It was when he was straddling the person's legs in the middle of shifting his weight to the other foot, that he realised exactly how weird a situation this was. That and how utterly vulnerable his balls were should the person he was clambering over wake up. But he made it, all in one piece as the inconsiderate passenger slumbered on. Taemin meanwhile had somehow climbed over the tops of the seats and they made it to the other side at almost the same time, high fiving proudly in celebration of their accomplishment.
Taemin took the lead for the next stretch and they made it to the end of the carriage without incident (well, if you discount Hyuk tripping over someone's foot and almost taking Taemin down). Hyuk stood back and watched as Taemin attempted to negotiate the door leading to the next carriage. The first set opened when the button was depressed and he watched his shorter friend step into the space between the sets of doors. The doors closed behind Taemin with a hiss and he turned back to face the, eyes wide and alarmed; the second set of doors hadn't opened and the buttons were on the outside. Hyuk stared back and it took everything in him not to burst out laughing at the predicament. He pressed the button, causing the doors to reopen just as Taemin finally managed to get the second set to open - by waving his free hand right in front of the sensor like a maniac. He bolted straight through the gap as soon as he could, Hyuk hot on his heels, mildly, okay incredibly terrified that he might suffer the same fate. 
"After you," Taemin gestured for Hyuk to go first and, well, who could blame him after that? And so Hyuk, unwisely, agreed to go first. He stepped ahead into the carriage and immediately got caught on something protruding from the luggage racks, halting him in his tracks just as Taemin walked into him from behind. The need to pee was starting to become a little more... urgent... and he turned around slightly frantically find that his sleeve had gotten snagged on a folded buggy and all that was requiired was to ease back a little and then he was free once more. 
Their progress through this carriage was faster, more purposeful. Their goal was in sight; at the far end of the carriage there was the welcome sight of a toilet cubicle. And perhaps it was because Hyuk was more focused on his destination than where he was putting his feet, that he tripped over an embarrassingly small bag that had been placed in the aisle for no apparent reason. He dropped his backpack, wincing as it hit the ground with a distinct thud. His laptop was in there!
"What do you think you're doing?" The words were sharp as a knife and he looked up to see a smartly dressed woman gazing down at him in distinct disapproval. Flustered, Hyuk tried to pick himself up and duck his head in apology simultaneously which really just involved a lot of flailing and little else. Taemin, however was having none of it. He glared at the woman.
"Well," he began, voice cold, "if you hadn't left it obstructing the aisle he wouldn't have tripped over it, would he?" The woman sniffed disapprovingly but put her bag in her lap. Taemin poked Hyuk to move and soon, they were standing in front of the toilet. It was engaged. Of course it was. 
Hyuk crossed his legs, watching as Taemin shifted uncomfortably just across from him. Crossing his legs didn't actually help, it was just something to do that wasn't thinking about how truly desperate the need to pee was now becoming. 
"What now?" He hissed, but just as Taemin was opening his mouth to speak, the door to the cubicle opened and a boy not much younger than themselves barrelled out, shoving past them and disappearing down the aisle. Hyuk blinked in shock, watching him go, before refocusing. He gazed longingly at the toilet, but Taemin was actually hopping about from foot to foot now. And so Hyuk gestured for him to go first. Taemin shook his head. Hyuk gestured more insistently but once more, Taemin refused. "After you." Hyuk urged. Taemin looked on the edge of giving in when a stranger squeezed between the both of themmmmmm, entering the cubicle and looking the door. Hyuk felt like screaming.
"Well that was rude." Taemin observed.
"When they get out, you're going first." Hyuk said firmly and this time Taemin nodded, a poorly concealed grimace tugging at his lips. Whoever had pushed in front of them was certainly taking their time... Or, just perhaps, it only felt that ways because they really needed to go. Either way, Hyuk was seriously considering banging on the door and telling them to hurry up by the time they finally emerged. Taemin practically threw himself inside and Hyuk resigned himself to waiting a little longer, all three of their bags stacked at his feet. His friend didn't take long at all (Hyuk wondered if he'd actually even washed his hands) but he couldn't help the gasp of relief that escaped him as he stumbled into the cubicle, locking the door behind himself. It stank. Like every toilet cubicle on a train forced to cater for far too many people. But it was a toilet and so the state of it was irrelevant. He just had to not fall over whilst trying to pee on a moving train.
He managed.
Taemin handed him his backpack as he walked out, a broad grin on his face.
"Well that was an experience wasn't it?" He teased nudging Hyuk with his shoulder as they started the trek back to their seats. Hyuk hummed in agreement.
"Mm, yeah... But never again..." Taemin just laughed.

 


Idek guys, idek...

I hope you enjoyed this silliness <3