Take it or leave it

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(No one's POV)

Everyone can't help themselves but staring at the two girls who walk passing them. The blonde has the another girl in her hold in bridal style, meanwhile the another girl who's originally has a white milky-rather pale skin, now has her face as red as tomato as she can only helplessly stay still unmove inside the blonde's embrace and buried her face deep against the blonde's strong shoulder to hide her blushing face from those curious eyes that people directed at her and the blonde, and also from the blonde.

"Momo unnie." Dahyun whines. "I told you i can walk by myself. I'm not seriously injured."

"I know."

"Then why you're still carrying me like this?"

"Because.."

"Because..?"

"I'm trying to be a good girlfriend here." Momo deadpanned.

"Ah, okay." Dahyun nodded. 1 sec.. 2 secs.. and Dahyun abruptly snapped her head straight up to look at Momo's eyes as her own eyes widen in shock after she really digest the earlier statement that Momo made.

"MWOOOO???! H-how?? W-when?? WHATS?!" Dahyun asked in beyond confusion. Not that she dislikes the idea to be Momo's girlfriend but won't you act just exactly like her if someone, out of the blue, claiming you as their girlfriend even before there's an 'agreement' made between the two of you to be each other's girlfriend?

The expression on Momo's face remain stoic and serious. Dahyun finally managed to close her opened mouth that she unconsciously open in agape after the realization hit her.

Momo keeps her straight face, with slight frown that her lips made, and her eyes seem to unfocus, as if she's in a deep thought. Dahyun starts to worrying the latter now. She hates it when Momo looks so stressed out like that. She hates it too when Momo looks sad. She only want to see smile on Momo's face and hearing her laughter.

"Momo unnie, wae? You're okay?" Dahyun gently asked as she cupped Momo's face in her hands. The warmth from Dahyun's hand successfully bring Momo's back from her 'daydreaming'. Her eyes finally gain back its focus. Momo shook her head lightly before she bend her head down to meet Dahyun's eyes. Momo placed her own hands on Dahyun's hands that still cupping her face and caressing them with her thumbs as she speaks,

"Kim Dahyun.. i think i like you. I don't care if you like me too or not. I don't care if you want to be my girlfriend or not. But one thing that i know for sure.. I want to protect you. And if by becoming your girlfriend, i get the right and every chance to protect you, then i will make you as mine. But then.. there's a possibility that you might get hurt even more.. That you might be in danger because of me. Because of being with me. So i'm in a deep dilemma right now." Momo sighed, bent her head down and closed her tired eyes. She looks so defeated and Dahyun hates that too. The strong-seems invincible-and arrogant vampire like Hirai Momo, looks so vulnerable and fragile right now.

"Hirai Momo, what is it? Why you're acting like this? Why you look so troubled and.. afraid? What you're afraid of? You can tell me everything. We had our promise, remember? You can trust me." Dahyun smiled as she caressing Momo's cheek and lift her head up.

"I trust you. It's just.." Momo let out another deep sigh.

Without thinking much, Dahyun wiggled free herself from Momo's hold and surprisingly Momo didn't even try to resist nor stopping her. She only put down her hands to swing weakly on her sides and bending her head even lower.

Momo thought Dahyun will finally give up on her because she's such a mysterious-stubborn jerk. She's obviously drowning in her depressing thoughts, and now she's gasping hard for air but she also ungratefully slapped away a hand that trying to pull her up, to save her. Dahyun is that one and only hand that willing to help her but she still idiotly refusing to be help. Not because she didn't trust Dahyun, but more like because she doesn't want to drag Dahyun even further into the dark world where she lives. An angel doesn't deserve to live in hell where the devil like her live in.

Momo thought Dahyun will just leave her and go, but instead of feeling an emptiness around her, she feels someone's pulling her into a warm comforting hug. Dahyun wrapped her hands tightly around Momo's waist and softly pushed Momo's head to rest on her shoulder. Momo didn't immediately hug the latter back but she's instinctively sighed in contentment as she closed her eyes when her body get engulfed inside Dahyun's embrace, completely melted in it. She let Dahyun to pushed her head to lean on the latter's shoulder because it feels good to finally able to lean on someone's else when you're weak, before she finally slowly raise her hands and wrap them around Dahyun's body, pressing their bodies even closer.

"Momo unnie.. just like you, there are so many things that i'm not sure of too. I don't know what is this weird feeling that i feel whenever you're around. I don't know why i'm so persistent in befriending you, someone who kept pushing me away. I don't know why i want to know you more, when you obviously didn't have the mutual interest toward me, at first. I don't know why my heart is aching when i see you sad, when i see you cry. I don't know why i keep wishing to see you again and again. I never know i can be such a greedy person until i met you. I don't know why i feel so safe when you're beside me. See? There are so many 'i don't know'. But i know that i like it when i see you smile and laugh. I feel even happier when i know that i'm the reason behind your smiles and laughs. And finally today i realize another thing for sure after i confirmed it for the last time.. I know that hugging you like this feel so comfortable, as if it's the rightest thing to do. As if we belong to stay in each other's embrace.

So yes, i'll be your girlfriend. I will try my best to acccept you for who you are. I will try my best to understand you. I will work hard for that, i promise. Even if there are so many things you can't tell me. Even if there are so many things that you need to keep away from me. Even if you're forever remain as a big mystery in my life. Because i want to try to love you and loved by you. I really want it. And if one day i finally can't bear it anymore to be with you, i might give up because after all, i'm just an ordinary human, i have my limit too, i hope when that day come, you'll be there to hold me back and never let me go. Convince me to stay."

Momo leaned back but not too far, just far enough to look into Dahyun's clear-sincere eyes. Momo can feel the warmth that engulfing inside of her after hearing Dahyun's unexpected confession.

"Thank you, Kim Dahyun. I want to try too. Badly want it." Momo whispered before she leaned in to give a sweet lingering kiss on Dahyun's lips as the two girls closed their eyes, sealing their promises with a kiss. "Thank you." Momo mumbled against Dahyun's lips as she can feel the latter smiles into the kiss.

*****

 

(In the hotel)

Momo and Dahyun walked back to the hotel hand in hand with a shy smile that they occasionally threw at each other whenever their eyes accidentally met. Anyone can tell that these two are lovesick teenagers. Well, Dahyun is indeed still a teenager while for Momo, at least she still looks like one. 

When they entered the hotel lobby, the two can see so many familiar faces that looks kind of pale and worried as hell as they're running to here and there, and talking to each other in panic.

"KIM DAHYUN!" Chaeyoung run toward her friend in full speed and engulfed her friend into a tight-almost suffocating-hug as she's trying to not cry.

"Chaeyoung-ah.. Wae? You're okay?" Dahyun hardly managed to speak as she's slightly gasping for air because of how tight her friend is hugging her right now.

"WHERE WERE YOU? WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? I WAS WORRIED SICK FOR YOU!" She really worried for her missing friend. And what makes her feel even worse is the fact that she was meanly let her friend to go out by herself when she knows it might be dangerous for Dahyun to go out alone. She's such a bad friend, she thought. And if anything bad happened to Dahyun, she might as well hate her ownself for the rest of her life. She's not the only one who feel that. Tzuyu actually had it worse because she's the one who supposed to make sure that Dahyun is safe under her watch because Sana already warned her and also because she's the one who has a supernatural power among them. Her power make her become the strongest among the three. So if something bad happened to Dahyun, she'll be the right one to blame. It'll make her feel like a failure. A useless witch who can't even protect her own best friend.

Earlier Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Sana, Mina and Jihyo are gathering in the trio's room to locate Dahyun using Tzuyu's witch power. Since Tzuyu power is still not perfect yet, she can only see whether Dahyun is still alive or not, while to locate the exact location, it's still a blur image in her head, she still need to practice more to sharpen her ability.

Tzuyu swear she will kill herself using her power is she found out that Dahyun is not alive. Luckily after using her power, they found out that Dahyun is still breathing just fine, somewhere out there. While the result from her blurry image is only about Dahyun talking to someone that also has a blur face in Tzuyu's head. They are talking as they walk. And since it's night already, it becomes harder for Tzuyu to trying to figure out Dahyun's location since her surroundings is kind of dark.So they can only pray for Dahyun to arrive back to the hotel as soon as possible.

The two vampires along with the werewolf also did their best to look for Dahyun as their dispersed to look for Dahyun around the hotel but they still couldn't find the person they looked for.

Just when Mina almost call Momo to ask for her help and bracing herself to get eaten alive by her cousin because they failed her, finally can let out her sigh of relief once she heard Chaeyoung's shout and not long after that saw Dahyun and Momo who just entered the hotel. They both looks fine and unharmed.

"Momo unnie!" Mina too run toward the couple, following Chaeyoung, but she run toward her cousin and smile apologetically at Momo who has her arms crossed in front of her chest, obviously look unhappy.

"Gomenasai, oneesan." Mina sheepishly apologized and bowed at Momo.

"Baka! How can you let her go outside by herself unguarded?" Momo reprimanded as she keeps hitting and smacking  the back of Mina's head with her hand, while the younger vampire can only yelped as she tried to avoid the attack and protect herself by using her both hands as a shield which of course will be useless.

"Momo unnie.." Dahyun softly called out, perhaps afraid to disturb the two girls' moment.

"Hm?" Momo finally stopped hitting Mina and diverted her attention to the girl beside her, while Mina use the chance to take few steps away from Momo, securing herself and silently mouthed 'thank you' to Dahyun for interfering them and indirectlly saving her from her cousin's further wrath.

"You know Mina unnie?" Dahyun asked with her slightly furrowed eyebrows. Chaeyoung is still there, side-hugging Dahyun and clinging onto her like a koala while Tzuyu possessively stand behind Dahyun, guarding her as she keeps her eyes to wander once in awhile to look at their surrounding in case there's a weird-suspicious thing or person to detect.

"Ah, this stupid penguin is my cousin."

"Mwo??? So s-she.. she's a va--" Dahyun quickly covered using her both hands to prevent herself from blurted out stupid things and uncover Momo's true identity.

She thought Momo will be mad at her for recklessly speak like that and almost reveal her secret but instead of meeting Momo's angry eyes, Dahyun see a small smile on the blonde's pretty face.

And as if Momo can read her mind,

"It's okay. i'm not mad." Momo chuckled which completely caught Mina off guard because it's such a rare thing to see for her heartless-evil cousin to smile, even better, freely chuckling like that in front of the other people. Even when she's with Mina or Sana, Momo rarely did that. She alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter