School outing

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Morning, Momo unnie~" Hearing that familiar cheery voice, normally Momo will just either ignore her greeting like always or lazily hummed as her response. But something is a bit different today so Momo has to forcefully lifted up her head to look at Dahyun with did-you-eat-something-weird-today-look.

"What? Why you look at me like that?" Dahyun giggled seeing how cute Momo's face when she makes a face and looks suspicious like that. She tried to look scary but that won't work for Dahyun.

"What did you just call me?" Momo asked with a glare.

"Momo unnie." Dahyun innocently repeated.

"What's with the 'unnie'? You always call my name with just Momo."

"Uh.. that. I was thinking.. I think it's kind of impolite for me to call you with just your name." Dahyun sheepishly answered.

"Huh? And why is that?" Momo asked in both confusion and curiosity.

"Because.. uh.. please don't take it personally. Promise?"

"Just say it, Kim!" Momo impatiently urged. Enough with one stupid promise she stupidly made with Dahyun, no need to add more. Momo thought.

"Because you're even older than my grandparents. How can i call an elderly with just her name. You know you're 100 something. So i th-- Yah! Momo unnie! Why you moved your seat??? Unnieeee~ Don't be mad.. I know you'll sulk once i tell you the reason. Look, it's not that i think you're old or what." Dahyun starts to blabber as she tried to coax the sulky Momo because someone just (indirectly) rudely called her as an old granny, even older than an old granny for crying out loud! when she said she didn't want to be rude toward Momo.

 

Their first class today started with the sulking Momo who moved from her original seat to another seat in the corner of the room that located the furthest from Dahyun's chair and refused to talk to Dahyun for the rest of their class.

 

Even though Momo is not aging, talking about age is still a kind of sensitive issue for every woman out there, Momo included.

Because this fierce blonde vampire can also be a childish kid with a very sensitive heart at times.

 

 

(In the lunch breaktime)

Some guys who are famous as school's biggest jerk are walking pass Dahyun who is busy taking out things from inside her locker. One of the guy is Dahyun's long time admirer but Dahyun kept turning him down politely.

"Hey, Dahyunie." The guy greet as he leaned her body against the locker beside Dahyun's.

Dahyun was a bit startled with his sudden presence and Dahyun can feel the intense stare from him that scanning her body from toe to her head like a hungry predator, it's surely make Dahyun feel uncomfortable.

Dahyun quickly slammed her locker's door closed and bid him goodbye. But before she can take a step away from the guy, he already grabbed Dahyun's hand faster.

"Why you're in a rush like that? Do you want to have a lunch with me, Dahyunie? It's lunch time now and skipping your meal won't be good for your health. So lunch?" He shamelessly asked without releasing his strong hold on Dahyun's hand.

"Sorry, Jungbae i can't. I have to borrow some books in the library first for my assignment." Dahyun as usual politely refused as she tried to pull away her hand from Jungbae's grip.

"Ah, then i can accompany you there." This boy is surely can't accept 'no' as an answer.

"No need, Jungbae-yah. I--"

"You heard her, Song Jungbae. She said she'll be fine alone. She doesn't need you. You aren't deaf, are you?"

"Sa-sana sunbae? Y-yes, sunbae i heard her. Excuse me." The poor boy cowered in fear and immediately flee away with his friends after she saw how scary Sana looked at him as she spoke.

"Thanks, Sana unnie." Dahyun exhaled in relief once she saw Jungbae finally leaving her.

"Don't mention it. Next time, you have to be more stern and bolder in rejecting someone's offer that you don't like to accept. Don't be afraid you might hurt their feeling or what. You might ended up be the one who get hurt by them if you keep being soft like this, Kim Dahyun." Sana softly reprimanded.

"Ne, unnie."

"You want to go somewhere?"

"Ah, yes. I need to borrow some books in library."

"I see. Then i'll walk you there."

"Eh? No need, unnie. Ah.. you must be still worry about me? I can take care of myself, unnie. Don't worry."

"Pabo, my next class is history class and it's located near our school library so why walk alone when we can walk together. That's what i thought."

"Ah.. geurayo? Hehehe, guess i'm just too full of myself sometimes. Sorry.."

"Pabo~" Sana scoffed but can't hide her smile as she softly knocks Dahyun's head with her knuckle. Soon the two walked together toward the school library side by side as they continue their talk.

 

Little did they know, there's a certain blonde that watched over them from behind the class' window.

Momo almost rushed toward Dahyun when she saw how that jerk kept trying to force himself on Dahyun when Dahyun obviously feels uncomfortable with him. Just when Momo almost walked out of her class to save Dahyun and break that jerk's neck, Sana was appeared first out of nowhere, causing Momo to aborted her plan and walk toward the opposite direction instead.

*****

 

"Hirai  Momo?" Someone's lightly tap Momo's shoulder.

"Who are you?" Momo turned around and saw a black haired girl with shoulder length who's smiling warmly at her. She's wearing the same school uniforms with Momo so she must be one of the students in this school but as far as Momo could recall, she never see this girl around before. And Momo has a very good memory so it's kind of unlikely to doubt it.

"Let's go to a quieter place. I need to talk to you. In private." The stranger said as she walked pass Momo to lead the way before she stopped and look back at Momo who's not moving from her place.

"You think i'm crazy or what for willingly following a suspicious stranger like you?" Momo scoffed with her hands folded in front of her chest, as always being hostile to everyone.

"Oh c'mon~ It's not like you can be easily harm, Momo-ssi. We both know that." Momo slightly widen her eyes at her remark. It means this stranger also know who is she, the real her.

"Fine. I don't have much time to spend with you. So i hope, no, it will be not more than 5 mins. Take it or leave it." Momo nonchalantly said.

"5 mins? Well.. okay.. I'll try to finish it within the time given." The stranger smiles, seems not get affected at all by Momo's hostility.

 

 

(At the school's backyard)

"So.. who are you? I mean, name is not really important, since i won't bother to remember it anyway. But i want to know, what are you? I smell a werewolf's scent on you but then i can feel the dark aura of a vampire radiating from you. And you surely not a witch nor hunter, you're not a human to begin with. Are you a new species or something?" Momo talked rapidly.

The stranger just chuckled in amusement, slightly showing her cute big front teeth. Seeing her like that kind of reminding Momo of a rabbit.

"Well, let's begin with a name. Since i already know your name, it'll only be fair if i tell you mine." The stranger purposely ignored Momo's earlier remark. "My name is Im Nayeon. And, you were right. I'm not in the list you mentioned earlier but nope, i'm not a new species just a rare one."

"What are you? A ghost? Never know they really exist."

"I'm a hybrid." Momo gasped at the revelation.

"Hybrid? As in a hybrid of a vampire and a werewolf? For real? I only heard about your kind from words of mouth, never really seen one. Sugoii~ I finally meet one now. But wait, how can i know that you're not just some kind of a con or something?" Momo said as she openly scrutinizing the girl.

"I don't need you to believe in that because i have a more important news to tell you. Besides i believe we'll see each other more often from now on and surely one day you can finally see and prove it with your own eyes that i'm indeed a hybrid like what i told you." Nayeon earnestly said.

"Whatever." Momo shrugged. "Don't get your hope up though. So, what's the important news? It's better be really important or else.."

"What? You're going to break my neck? C'mon, just one bite from me and you'll die in less than a minute, Momo-ssi. Die for the second time and this time you can never come back to life." Nayeon victoriously smirked.

"Ch~ You really want to tell me that important news or want to pick up a fight with me? I'm fine with both options but if you really want to tell me something, then i suggest you to start speaking." Momo said with her stern face.

Nayeon almost laugh seeing Momo almost lost her cool because of her teases but Momo was right. She shouldn't trying to test Momo's temper when she has a way more important agenda which is deliver the news to Momo.

"Hirai Momo, i came here to this school and disguise as a student like this just for one sole purpose. It's to keep the world's balance and banishing one of the two Elanora from this world. And i'm going to need your help for that."

"Whoaa~ wait wait wait. Who the heck is Elanora? And what on earth that make you to share all of these unimportant things to me? And most of all, what do all of these have to do with me?" Momo asked in a total confusion. Is this so called hybrid girl is acually just a crazy girl or something? Momo inwardly thought.

Nayeon just sighed as she massaged her temple, because it will be a long long story to tell. Where should she starts?

"Elanora was one of the original witch who lived around 2000 years ago. Im Minyoung and Kim Dahyun are her replica or we can called it as doppelganger. Elanora fell in love with a queen of Syrainis kingdom, Sheila when she came to the kingdom to check on the king Alexander's health since Elanora was famous to be a curer, a healer in her era with her supernatural power. Elanora did successfully cure the king but she also developed a forbidden feeling toward the queen. Since at that time king Alexander was very ill, they wanted Elanora to stay in the kingdom until king Alexander fully recovered besides it will be safer that way in case there's an emergency situation. Elanora and queen Sheila get along with each other in a rather short time and everyone knows they became good friends ever since Elanora came to the kingdom. But what people didn't know is how the two young ladies are developing deeper feeling for each other. Long short story, king Alexander found out about her wife's affair and even better, with another woman. He was really mad but since h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter