| 1 |

Aberrant (Oh Sehun)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

•••

Run. Keep running Ye Na. Do it for your brother. You can't leave him alone in this world. Just keep running.

 A bullet flies past me and hits a nearby tree. I turn around to see the hunters still running and shooting, although I must say their aim is a little off. 

I hiss in pain as a bullet made its way into my left thigh. Spoke too soon Ye Na. As I run I place my hand over the wound which slowly begins to heal, the bullet gradually makes its way out of it which allows it to heal completely. I knew this one would come in handy.

My head snaps back when I hear another gunshot to my right which makes me run faster and harder than I did before. Maybe I should find someone with super speed or teleportation then this would be even easier. I huff at the thought but carry on running. 

My mind flicks through all of the abilities I managed to capture so far that would be of some use for me. I stop remembering I have invisibility from one of my old friends. I close my eyes and channel the ability as best as I can. When I open them I hear shouts of frustration itching closer and closer to my spot in the forest.

"We lost her" 

"This is all your fault Pyo! If you hadn't-"

"Mine? Ha! If it wasn't for you then-"

"Both of you be quiet" An older man - around his mid 30s hushes the two arguing hunters.

"We haven't lost her, she's just hiding somewhere.  Kang , you go that way, look up in the trees too" the taller, more built man nods firmly. "Pyo, you go the into that cave, see if she's around there." The smaller man does the same. "Come back when you've found her, and don't wuss out if she uses her ability, you have guns use them." He spoke sternly as the other two men scurry off in their assigned directions.

My heartbeat intensifies as I spot the smaller man,  Pyo, heading towards the cave where I was currently hiding. I stretch across the wall of the cave into a star shape and channel another ability. I could feel myself melt into the wall before I slip through it and land on the soiled grass. Before I can stand I feel a sharp pain in my lower back and suddenly I feel paralyzed. I try to move my head but I can't. I can't even lift a finger.

"Well look what we have here, two in one day! I guess today's my lucky day" The older man let's out a chuckle as he grabs my neck, pulls me up to stand and twists my body to show me something, another body?

The tall hunter, Kang, lifts the head up from the body. Anger rages through my me as I spot who's in his filthy hands. My brother, Ye Jun.

Even though I can't move, I use whatever strength left in me to heat up my body. I could feel the beads of sweat start to sizzle and the man lets go of my neck and hisses in pain. My body falls to the ground and I groan. I try to move towards my Ye Jun but I still can't move. My body begins to get hotter and hotter until flames appear on my fingertips. Before I could do anything I feel something hit the back of my head and everything turns black.

•••

"Ye Na" I groan as I regain consciousness. "Noona wake up, please wake up" my eyelids begin to flutter open. Everything was a blur at first but soon my eyes adjusted to my surrounding. My head was in pain along with my hands. Looking down I see that my hands were handcuffed in big metal handcuffs with blue light radiating from it.

I use my strength ability to try and break free however I'm surprised to see it not breaking, breathing in a deep breath I try again. My hands stop as I feel a pair of smaller hands over them. "Noona, it doesn't work, you'll hurt yourself" I turn to my left to see Ye Jun looking at me with worried eyes. My eyes wander to the the slight bruise under his right eye which makes me gasp. Before I could even think my hand flies up to his chin and tilts it to the side to examine it even more. Anger ripples throughout my body again. "Who did it?" He sighs as he removed my hand. "I don't know, I can only remember you telling me to hide, so I did and then I out." I nod understandingly and look around seeing that we were in some sort of vehicle, since it felt as if we were moving. 

After a long silence he spoke"We're going to die aren't we?" I close my eyes and let out a long sigh. "I don't know Junnie, I really don't know" I look over to the 12 year old who's eyes are b with tears. "I don't want to die noona, I don't want you to die either." " We're not going to die, I won't let that happen ok? I'll do anything and everything to protect you" A tear makes its way down his bruised cheek as his lips quiver "That's what dad said." 

Silence comes after that. Neither of us make a sound. All that's heard is the engine from the vehicle. I take one of his hands in mine and open my mouth confidently making sure that my voice doesn't quiver or stutter "I'm not him, he left us when he heard that our kind were being hunted" he was now crying which broke my heart into a million pieces. I shuffle closer to him, lift my cuffed hands over his head and around his neck, allowing him to place his head on my shoulder. I let him cry for a while until more of his weight leans against me which makes me take my hands back and lay his sleeping figure down so that his head rests on my lap. My hands caress his cheeks and wipes away any stained tears.

•••

The vehicle came to a hault and I could hear mumbles coming from the outside. I gently wake up Ye Jun and make sure he was feeling better. The doors were slid open and two men stand in the now opened doorway. The same two men from before, Kang and Pyo.

They enter the vehicle, grab us both by our cuffs and try to haul us out, not without us struggling for freedom first. I had to bite down on Kangs' hand so hard to draw blood from it and kick him in the knee before he got me out. 

I notice that the sky was no longer azure but has transformed into a dark navy expanse with stars shimmering in the darkness. There was also a slight, very hard to find, translucent ring around the area, it looked like a dome shape. A force field. Meaning they don't whatever is inside leaving. I look ahead to see a very tall and wide, white building, which somewhat resembled a hospital. However, there were many other, smaller, buildings in the surrounding area. 

I feel myself getting pushed down so that I'm sitting in a chair, wheelchair, and before I know it my hands and feet are strapped down to it. The cuffs had been taken off but my abilities were again restrained from use. I look to my side to see Jun in the same situation.

"So, I'm guessing you're both very aware as to where you are and why you've been taken here, am I correct?" The older man from before makes an appearance from behind the van that we were taken here with. I look over at Jun and catch his gaze. I shake my head the slightly to which he nods understanding that I've told him not to answer. 

"You guys can talk to me you know. We're all friends here, no need to be shy" he takes a few steps forward until he's standing in front of me. He brings his and up to my chin and lifts it to look at him in the eyes. "C'mon sweetheart why don't you go ahead tell me your name, eh?" I shake my head from his grasp but not before I take a look at his name tag. LEE Dong Min.

He lets out a small chuckle as he heads over to Jun. "Is she always like this?" Dongmin places his elbow on Jun's shoulder and bends down to his level. "How 'bout you kid? You going to tell me your name?" Jun shrugs Dongmin's elbow off of him and stays quiet. This makes the older man laugh and stand in front of both us. "Once you get inside I advise you to speak and please remember keep your hands and feel inside the ride at all times" he winked and we were wheeled inside the big building.

We were immediately hit with bright white lights as we head in which make me squint my eyes for a moment before they adjust to the sudden luminosity. "Now I'll show you all the main areas and we can get started right away" my eyebrows furrow in confusion. Aren't they going to kill us? What are they going to feed us first? I chuckle at my thoughts which makes Dongmin turn around and raise his eyebrows in surprise "Something funny?" I speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter