May 15th, 1995

One Day

May 15th, 1995

Since that night, Chanyeol and Jieun started to date each other. They would spend their time either at Jieun’s place or his. This time, Chanyeol had spent his time sleep at her place even though they also needed to share with Jinri. Jieun accomplished her dream being a drama teacher; she was preparing a special play with her students. Chanyeol walked her to school; they liked to walk side by side and talked all the time. He was the talkactive one while Jieun only responded with nod or smile to him. Chanyeol asked her whether she can attended at his open-mic  this night, but sadly her play would end quite late and she can made it.

“It’s a school play, Chan. I suspect we’ll be home by half 9:00.”

“Why don’t you stay at mine for a change? I’ll wash my duvet cover.”

“Is that your boyfriend, Miss Lee?”

“Oy! Cheeky.”

They bid a good bye, Chanyeol gave a peck on her forehead. He then headed to café and prepared his open-mic thingies for tonight’s show. On the other hand, Baekhyun was living like a mess. He lost his focus, he got so many complains from his staff because of his endless mistakes. It was on the middle of recording when Mr. Byun came to visit him. They were still awkward as always, he came to see his son after their big loss.

“I helped myself to tea and buns. I hope I’m not going to get you into trouble.”

“I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

While Baekhyun was talking with her dad, Eunji suddenly came and kissed him. She was being all flirty and loud as always. Mr. Byun frowned, he then cleared his throat and finally Eunji turned around to see him.

“Eunji, actually, look, this is my father.”

“Watcha, Mr. B. Isn’t your son gorgeous?”

“Uhm, yes, he’s very nice.”

“And where’s Mrs. B?”

“Sadly, she passed away.”

“Uhm, I need some water. See ya later.”

“What an appealing woman.”

“Actually, she’s sort of my girlfriend.”

“Oh congratulation then. Look your mum would have been most impressed.”

“Thanks, dad.”

“I’ll be watching at home, if I can stay awake. Have fun, and don’t take any notice of what they say in the papers.”

Baekhyun wasn’t fully understood with her dad’s words. When he was done with his recording, he headed to his make-up room to check what actually happened with him and newspaper. He was taken aback with the title, it said that he turned to be the most annoying man on television. He then called Jieun, the only way to calm himself.

“I’m the king of car crash.”

“But, you’re the king of it. That’s good.”

 “Caption under photo. ‘Odious’. Why can’t you come again?”

“I’m working.”

“I’ll send a car to come and pick you up.”

“Baek, I can’t.”

“I know, and I’m sorry. I’m just so much better when you’re around. Look, I’m just worried I’m gonna be stood in front of camera thinking, “What’s the bloody point?” The show’s ridiculous. I’m such a fraud, Ji.”

“Hey, come on. That’s enough. You know what you’re doing. You’ll be fine.”

“Right.”

“Just don’t speak on that weird voice, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Alright, bye.”

Once he done with his conversation with Jieun, Baekhyun got ready for his another show. He was really nervous and sighed multiple times before laid his feet up to the stage. On the other hand, Eunji was completely ready; she even made some weird voices.  Jieun’s school play was amazing, she got a really great respond from all parents, Chanyeol was also there and felt so proud with Jieun. She did a great job even though before that important play, there were some of her students got into serious fight which almost crushed everything up. But, Jieun was always been an outstanding teacher. Different from Jieun’s successful day, Baekhyun did a lot of mistakes in his live show. He can figure out which camera he should look up and he even asked some random questions to his guests.