Crack

MITZU shots

"... Insects are the largest and most divert class in the animal kingdom. The number of described insect species is estimated to be 750,000..."

 

Must open eyes.. Myoui Mina had been struggling ever since the start of the show to stay awake. Must not lose.. Cannot receive punishment. The girl emitted a long yawn which she had continually suppressed all this time. She was very bored. The video that they're watching at the moment contained nothing but the gross and disgusting insects which gathered all together and made themselves look even worse. Why of all videos did they choose this one?

"Oh," A pleasant voice said. Mina looked to where the voice came from and found herself looking at Chou Tzuyu. The girl had her hands clasped together while looking all fascinated and amazed.

Could it possibly be? Yup. Tzuyu was fascinated by all the insects, wriggling altogether looking completely-

"M-may I (mph) g-go to the r-restroom please?" From the moment Sana said that, everybody groaned loudly and looked away from the tv, happy that there is already someone who lost the game. As soon as some light was shed on Sana's face, that was the only time Mina noticed her light blueish color.

"Yech! That's the grossest thing ever!" Another familiar voice emerged "Tzuyu, how can you stand watching all of those?" Chaeyoung asked her best friend who merely smiled in response.

Mina could never understand Chou Tzuyu.

 

~~~

 

Not so long ago.

 

"Happy birthday Tzuyu!" Hirai Momo handed Tzuyu a present wrapped in pink wrapper and tied with a red ribbon. The girl gratefully accepted the gift while blushing a bit.

"Thank you" Tzuyu smiled sweetly after which she stared at the object in her hand. "Um.. Can I open it now?"

"Of course." Momo smiled.

Tzuyu excitedly unwrapped the present. It was a cute, Yoda stuffed toy. She gasped and immediately turned to Momo with a big smile. "Thank you!"

"My turn! My turn!" Chaeyoung excitedly entered the scene with a pink glittered paper bag at hand. "For our cute, Tzuyu unnie!" she handed the gift to Tzuyu who immediately opened the bag after a grateful 'Thank you'.

Her eyes comically twinkled when her gaze landed on the shor-hair's present. It was an adorable, white and blue coloured puppy stuffed toy. "Thank you Chae!" she exclaimed happily.

The entire duration of giving gifts to Tzuyu for her birthday, Mina had been silent in a corner with the dilemma of giving Tzuyu her present or not. She sighed after several minutes of thinking. Probably she'll hand the present to their leader Jihyo to save her the hassle of giving it to Tzuyu.

Mina could hear Tzuyu say, "This is Momo," she pointed at the yoda toy Momo had given her. "Chaeyoung," she pointed at the puppy. "Jihyo" a teddy bear. "Nayeon," the white stuffed rabbit. 

Dahyun burst into laughter at this one. But Mina just ignored her and resumed listening to Tzuyu. She couldn't help herself. Even if it was a complete nonsense to name objects, she somewhat found it... adorable. And it was okay since Tzuyu was doing it. Bah! Mina shook her had in confusion.

"This is Jeongyeon," Tzuyu pointed at an orange stuffed cat. "This is Dahyun," Tzuyu pointed at the yellow stuffed owl. "And Sana," she pointed at an extremely small stuffed-squirrel.

Mina sweatdropped. Mina had actually named the objects after the Twice members... save for her.

Tch.

 

~~~

 

"Jihyo unnie!" Tzuyu came running towards Jihyo after their practice one day. She was bringin Momo (Mind you, it was the Yoda toy) along with her. "You'll be accompanying me to the mart this afternoon, right?" she asked expectantly.

Jihyo scratched the side of her cheek rather sheepishly. "Ah.. Tzuyu. I still have to practice some more. I'm sorry," she apologized, leaving Tzuyu slightly crestfallen.

"Ah it's alright," Tzuyu recoverd and smiled.

"Maybe I can ask someone else to accompany you then," Jihyo offered kindly. "Mina!"

 

~~~

 

"Thank you, Mina unnie," Tzuyu said shyly to the silent girl who had acompanied her in the town square. Mina didn't respond and just kept walking.

Tzuyu sighed as she let the girl go ahead of her and trailed behind. She hugged the Yoda toy near her chest to ease her tension.

An awkward silence ensued.

Then Mina broke it all of a sudden, regarding the girl over her shoulder, "Why do you like that yoda so much?"

Tzuyu blushed. "... It's very cute.." Tzuyu replied softly, slightly embarassed at Mina's attention.

"Hm," Mina diverted her eyes back towards the path, "Carrying toys around is childish," she remarked crudely.

Tzuyu suddenly burst into tears and ran ahead of Mina.

The girl was taken aback at Tzuyu's sudden outburst, not understanding why the girl had cried and ran off.

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed her shirt. "Ah! Mina! You always make Tzuyu cry!" Nayeon commented as she stared at the path where Tzuyu ran off to.

"Stupid Mina!" Jeongyeon suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"What are you doing here?" Mina snarled at her co-members.

"Apologize to her!" Jeongyeon and Nayeon cried at the same time.

Mina sighed in defeat, "But where did-"

"In the park!" Both Nayeon and Jeongyeon grinned pushing Mina.

 

~~~

 

"Here," Mina said, handing Tzuyu a can of soda.

Tzuyu looked up. Embarassed for crying, she immediately wiped off her tears, gratefully accepted the soda and thanked Mina. Mina plopped herself on the bench beside Tzuyu and made herself comfortable. Silence enveloped the two.

"Tzuyu hugged the yoda toy lovingly. "Unnie. Do you really think carrying a stuffed toy around is childish?"

"Yes."

Tzuyu looked disappointed.

Suddenly a pebble hit Mina on the head. She looked around and found Jeongyeon and Nayeon crouched behind one of the park bushes - they were glaring at her.

Mina sighed, "I mean no."

Tzuyu smiled.

Admittedly, Mina felt quite relieved when she saw Tzuyu brighten up.Then there was silence between the two once more... and another pebble had hit her. She swivelled around and found Nayeon holding a piece of paper saying 'Start a convo! Ask more about her! Like, the name of that yoda!' Mina narrowed her eyes at the suggestion and decided to ignore them. As soon as she did that, three more pebbles had hit her.

Mina acquiesced,

"Tzuyu, what's the name of your yoda?" she asked in a mumble, embarassed of her stupid question.

With a smile on her face, Tzuyu beamed at Mina for starting a conversation. Mina couldn't resist staring at her smile. "Momo."

Now that made Mina scowl.

"Momo?"

"Yeah.. Because Momo gave it to me," Tzuyu replied happily. Mina could feel her blood pressure go up as she remembered the time of Tzuyu's birthday. Everyone gave her something; well, technically not everyone since she got chickened, but that was not the point. Why was Tzuyu so fond of this one?

"Why do you always bring it along with you?"

"I-It's cute."

"But why that one?"

"Because-"

"Why not the teddy bear?"

"Umm.."

"Or the owl?"

"Er..."

"Or the bunny?"

"...."

"The squirrel?"

"..."

"Why that?" Mina wasn't able to stop herself from asking these questions. Why Yoda? Why MOMO's gift?

Tzuyu was taken aback at the influx of questions. Mina was unexpectedly talkative today. "Um.. Because I like Yoda.." 

Suddenly, another pebble hit the currently vexed Mina. She whirled around and found herself looking at Jeongyeon who was mouthing 'Stop doing that! You're scaring her!'

Mina heaved a long sigh. They had wanted her to talk. Now when she was just asking simple questions, they reprimand her! She decided to ignore any pebbles that would hit her from now on. She diverted her attention to Tzuyu who was fidgeting with her skirt, highly tensed. It seemed like she did scare her. But admittedly, she felt relieved when Tzuyu said that she was fond of the toy merely because it was Yoda, not because it was Momo's gift.

"Sorry" she muttered.

Tzuyu faced her, rather surprised. "Ah.. Why are you saying sorry unnie" she smiled at Mina warmly.

Mina pretended to fix her hair to hide her face. She could feel it- her face getting warm. "Nothing," she replied.

After several minutes...

"And one time, Momo and I went to the beach to watch the sunset," Tzuyu narrated.

Mina had to repeatedly tell herself that Tzuyu was talking about the Yoda toy. Not Hirai Momo. The Yoda! I'm going insane!, she thought to herself.

Suddenly, Tzuyu turned to her with a hopeful look on her face. "Would you like some ice cream, unnie?"

Mina shrugged. "Wait here," she was about to stand up when Tzuyu shook her head.

"No unnie.. I'll buy. My treat," she smiled, hugging the Yoda toy closer. "How about you Momo? Would you like some ice cream?"

Mina stared at Tzuyu incredulously but eventually turned away and grunted. Tsk. Yoda is starting to get on my nerves. Tzuyu was about to head to the ice cream parlor when, "Are you going to bring that with you?" Mina asked, pointing at the stuffed Yoda in Tzuyu's arms.

She nodded.

"It might get lost. Just leave it here," she offered, surprising Tzuyu and bewildering the girls behind the bushes.

"Okay," Tzuyu relented and handed Yoda to Mina, after which, she headed off to the ice cream store.

"Pssst... Jeongiiee. Why did our penguin become so kind?" Nayeon asked her fellow spy.

Jeongyeon shrugged. "We'll just have to wait and see," she replied.

Just at the moment, Mina made her first few signs of movement with Yoda the toy. There was a bulldog roaming around the area with his owner. Having a devious intention in mind, Mina had surprisingly thrown the fluffy toy towards the bulldog, thus indicating the end of Momo the Yoda.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon's mouths hung open... then they started laughing.

Mina seemed a bit more relieved when she had killed Momo the Yoda. But she dreaded to see Tzuyu's face when she came back without her precious toy in sight. Right at that moment, Tzuyu had returned with two cones of strawberry ice cream. Not noticing the bulldog killing Momo (the Yoda), she passed by the murder scene and handed Mina her cone. Mina tried her best to look as innocent as possible.

"Tzuyu... Sorry," she said softly. "I couldn't do anything to save Momo," Mina pointed at the still raging bulldog that was mercilessly killing Momo the Yoda.

Tzuyu suddenly dropped her ice cream cone and intended to save her Yoda when Mina grabbed her arm. "No."

"Momo!" Tzuyu was sobbing.

"Tzuyu..."

"MOMO!"

Mina had received several blows from dozens of pebbles thrown to her by the people behind the bush. She wasn't actually intending to make Tzuyu cry. Her reaction was far more exaggerated than she expected.

She sighed. "Sorry," she apologized.

"Ah.. It's okay unnie.. It wasn't your fault Momo died," Tzuyu said as she finally composed herself from relentless crying. She wiped the stray tears around her eyes. "Besides, that bulldog was really scary. I-It's not a surprise we couldn't get Momo back."

Mina looked away, feeling rather embarassed and guilty for what she did. Yoda annoyed her so much,

"I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby."

"Yeah." Several pebbles were thrown at her again.

She looked at Tzuyu, afraid that she would start crying again. But luckily, Tzuyu had no heard her comment. She was busy staring at something under the bench. It was a spider.

"Since I lost Momo the Yoda, I would name you Momo the spider."

Sounds of thud were heard from behind the bushes as Mina did her best to keep her remaining sanity. How ridiculous! Momo was now a spider!

"Ah! What are you doing?" Mina asked annoyed. She was getting enough of this naming object! Tzuyu was petting the spider! Could it be possibly that she was losing to an insect?

Tzuyu grinned with a slight blush on her face. "I'm making friends with Momo the spider," Mina looked at Tzuyu as if she had grown another head. "Unnie.. Why are you looking at me like that?"

Mina sighed for the hundredth time that afternoon. "Give me that!" She opened the palm of her hands, waiting for Tzuyu to give her the spider. But the girl refused. Mina's patience was growing thin. She deceived Tzuyu with a plain 'Look at that', after which she grabbed the spider and squished it with her shoes.

"Ah.. Where did it go?" Tzuyu asked, searching under the bench.

"Why do you always name everything after Momo?" Mina muttered, feeling both curious and annoyed.

"I had to find a new Momo since Momo the Yoda was murdered," Tzuyu said as a matter-of-factly. Then the girl broke into a smile. "Unnie.. would you like me to name something after you too?"

Mina had to blush at this one. But before she could reply, Tzuyu had already grabbed another insect from under the bench. "Say hello to Mina unnie the ant."

Howls of laughter were heard behind the bush.