At Jun's Apartment - Part 4

The Love That Never Fades

Nella knocked the door. No one answered. She tried to peek through the door's hole but she could not see anything. She was really worried. She tried so hard to break the door open. After so many attempts, she gave up. She shouted for help. But no one heard her. The next thing she knew, she heard someone from inside the apartment said with a loud voice, "I wont do anything with him. I'd just like to know, why did you come? Do you like him that much?!" "Is that Mr.Anon?" Nella asked. "Yes, yes, I am. I am in his apartment right now. I know you're outside. But you wont be able to get in. Answer me or I'll kill him." Mr.Anon threatened.

"B....b....but..... didnt you say that.... we're meeting at my school library next week? Who the hell are you?! Why are you doing this?!" Nella sobbed and continued, "ah...... I like Tae.... Jun's only my friend. There's nothing between us. I've liked Tae since we were kids. I came here to see what happened because we were on the phone just now." Mr.Anon did not say anything afterwards. Nella heard nothing. It was silent. She looked around to see if she could open the door with anything sharp. She tried to search her pockets. Fortunately, she found a penknife in one of her pockets. She tried so hard to unlock the door. She amost gave up when she finally succeded. She entered the apartment, and saw no one. She called out for Jun and Mr. Anon. But, no one was there. It had not stopped raining outside. Nella was really worried something might have happened. Then, she heard something from Jun's balcony. It was at the back 0f the kitchen. She knew there was a balcony because Jun told her before so she went there to see if there was anything.

When she reached the balcony, she heard a sound. A sound like asking for help. She tried to look around. She saw a shadow. She followed him. Then, when she was just about to ask who was that, she saw there was a door in the balcony that could lead to Jun's bedroom. She went in. The voice that asked for help became louder. She walked and walked until she stepped on something. Jun's phone. Jun's phone was there. It was still switched on. She picked it up and since she did not bring her phone, she called Tae and Alyssa through Jun's phone that she had just found. She asked the both of them to come to Jun's apartment. It was almost 3 in the morning but the both of them agreed to come after hearing what Nella told them. Nella hung up the phone and when she reached the door to Jun's bedroom, it was locked. Nella took out her penknife and forced the door to open.

The door was opened. She went inside. To her much surprise, she saw Jun. Jun was on his bed, staring on to the wall. She called out for Jun, but he did not answer. She sat next to Jun, and asked him what happened. Jun did not reply anything. She held his hand, and put her another hand on his forehead. It was really hot. Jun had a fever. He seemed so weak that he collapsed on Nella. Nella was surprised and called her friends. Her friends said they were on their way and they could be late because of the heavy rain. Nella was worried. She tried to wake Jun up, but Jun did not respond at all.

Nella slowly tried to move Jun and made him lie down on his bed. Even though she barely succeed, she managed to put Jun in a comf0rtable position and covered him with a blanket. She checked Jun's temperature and it was 38.9. His body was so hot. Nella switched off the fan in his room and closed all windows. She went in to the kitchen to find a towel and put in some hot water in a basin. She then put the warm towel on to Jun's forehead. She held Jun's hand. She was so worried that she cried. She waited for Jun to wake up so he could tell her what happened that night.

When Tae and Alyssa arrived, Nella saw an unfamiliar man with them. Alyssa introduced him to her. "Hey, he's my boyfriend. He goes to the same college as us. His name is Jinseok." Nella and Jinseok shook hands. "I brought him with me because he insisted to follow. He said he knows Jun." Alyssa continued. Then Nella brought them to Jun's room. When they were in his room, Tae asked what had happened. Nella sat down and told them the whole thing that happened that night. Tae was worried and said, "we have to get ready for class in a few hours' time. You dont have to go to class today, Nella. We'll tell Ms Ng that you're not feeling well. Take care of Jun. We'll be here again after class later."

Nella nodded. It was almost 5 in the morning and she knew her friends had to go home to change clothes. "I'm sorry if I trouble you guys... Thanks for accompanying me the whole night." She said. Tae shook his head and said that was okay since they were friends afterall. Then, Jinseok smiled at her and said, "here's my namecard. I'm Jun's friend. If you need to call me for anything, please do so. I'll get going first." They all left his room and went home afterwards.