CHAPTER 7

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Wow, that looks really expensive!”

            “Yeah,” Chanyeol agreed, “That’s why it’s called window shopping.”

“It won’t have to be if you haven’t taken that low paying job,” Kyungsoo laughed jokingly.

            “Hey, but I loved that job,” Chanyeol replied, a little hurt.

            “Yeah I know, I was just kidding,” Kyungsoo punched him in the arm.

            “Stop taking things so literally!”

            For a moment there, Chanyeol just took the time and stared at Kyungsoo laughing. He had seen him laugh all his life. But right now, it occurred to him that he had never watched Kyungsoo so carefully before. He noticed how Kyungsoo’s eyes squeezed tight, revealing the wrinkles around his eyes. The corner of his mouth lifted up and his mouth opened wide as he let out a loud laugh.

The sight of him being happy and the sound of his laughter is the warmest thing to Chanyeol. And it reminded him that he was not ready to let it all go just yet. It had happened once, and it’s going to happen again. Chanyeol just couldn’t bear to do it one more time. He wanted it to stay. He wanted him to stay.

But I guess it’s too much to ask for, right? He thought silently.

“Hey, what’s on your mind?”

“Huh?” Chanyeol turned around and realized that Kyungsoo was staring at him, maybe for some time now.

“Oh, nothing…” but he knew he couldn’t fool Kyungsoo. Lifting up his head, he found his savior.

“Oh look, pretty lights!” he exclaimed rather idiotically. Without waiting for Kyungsoo’s response, he rushed towards the shop, knowing that Kyungsoo will follow behind.

“I guess we could use some decorations at home,” Kyungsoo said as he walked around the shop, admiring the unique designs of different types of lamps.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw Chanyeol leaned over the counter talking to the shopkeeper. He wondered what Chanyeol was doing. But knowing him all his life, he knew Chanyeol could be so unpredictable sometimes. He only shrugged and let it go.

“Done choosing any lamps for the house?” Chanyeol asked suddenly as he came up behind Kyungsoo, startling him.

“I did saw some pretty nice stuff, but…,” Kyungsoo randomly picked up one of the price tags.

“They’re all s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter