CHAPTER 2

ONE MORE DAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, sleepyhead.”

            Chanyeol smiled at the familiar teasing voice and opened his eyes. He knew it was Kyungsoo. He was greeted by his best friend’s warm smile and it always brightens his days.

            It was one of those beautiful dreams that he would have once in a while. He knew it wouldn’t last. But he just wanted to stay for as long as he could.

            “Morning, Kyungsoo,” he replied, smiling back.

            “Wash up, I’ve made breakfast,” Kyungsoo said, getting off the bed.

            “No, please don’t go,” Chanyeol reached out just in time to grab his wrist.

            “Please stay…”

            “But I’m starving,” Kyungsoo laughed.

            “A little while won’t hurt,” Chanyeol said as he pulled him closer.

            “Oh, alright,” Kyungsoo gave in as he climbed into the covers right next to Chanyeol.

            “I don’t want this dream to end, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol whispered to him. Kyungsoo stared at him with a confused look.

            “Chanyeol, what are you talking about?” he sat up on the bed.

            “This isn’t a dream,” Kyungsoo said, “Did you hit your head too hard yesterday?”

            “What…”

Chanyeol tried to sit up. His hand went up to his head as he doubted what Kyungsoo had said. But no, he didn’t hit his head. He pinched his arm and resisted the urge to scream out. No, it wasn’t a dream.

It was real.

“Kyungsoo, is this…real?”

“Of course it’s real!” Kyungsoo said with a nervous laugh.

“What are you on about, Chanyeol? You’re scaring me,” he said.

“Nothing, I just…”

He rushed forward and locked his arms around Kyungsoo, hugging him tightly as ever.

“I just really really missed you.”

But he felt Kyungsoo’s hand on his chest, pushing him forcefully away.

“You’re always not right in the head before breakfast,” he said teasingly, “Come on, let’s eat.”

He said and left Chanyeol’s bedroom, leaving Chanyeol alone on his bed still staring at Kyungsoo silhouette until he disappeared around the corner.

“This isn’t a dream…this is real…”

Chanyeol worried that he might actually be going crazy after all. But dream or not, he was going to make the best out of it.

 

~    ~    ~

 

“Delicious as usual,” Chanyeol complimented as he shoved another toast into his mouth.

            “Don’t talk with your mouth full, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo said, “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter