제 1장

Heart Less

 ♡ 

 

Areum dearly knew who was Lee Taeyong even if she haven't seen him yet, the numerous rumors of how beautiful and breath taking he was make her wonder how he looked like in and out. She laughed at how ridiculous his fan girls were, there was this morning last year when they stood in front of Taeyong's house and decided to give offerings to his parents. It was awkward and he never felt so embarrassed in his life. Although they were in the same school, she never saw him maybe because of the fact that she was an outsider who fits perfectly in the crowd and who has no reason to show up among the others.

Although she was leading a plain life, every morning she found herself staring at her reflection through the mirror and saying that she looked boring and dull. Areum was so used to see her features, she didn't know how pretty she is to a stranger. There was only one person who looked at her nicely and it was Mark Tuan, one of the teacher's favorite's and the usual heartthrob. Areum never wished for attention, she hated it actually but when Mark asked Areum her notebook to copy her notes she nodded not knowing what to do but she wondered why he asked hers out of all the females throwing themselves at him. Later on she started to be harassed by Mark's fan girls. The boy obviously noticed the lack of strength and the tiredness under her eyes. 

After a month, the bullying did stopped. Areum was asking herself if it was because of Mark but none less she didn't wanted to know, she was fine with her peaceful life.

One morning she was whipping the school's floor when she felt someone tapping her shoulder. A gasp left , she looked up and sighed when she saw it was the only one Mark Tuan. He shushed her and noticed a few students coming on his way. In a urge he took her by the arm and hurriedly walked to the private room area who was located behind them. Once in he closed the door and hugged her tight, she put both of her arms around his torso and he softly laughed while the soothing odor of her shampooing invaded his senses. He glanced at the door hole and watched if someone was passing by when he pulled back, noticing Areum looking intensely at him.

" I missed you Ara," He said while leaving the private room. She smiled , totally warmed up by Mark. He admitted having feelings for her but her feelings for him were just in a brotherly way.

After a few months of vacations, it was the first day of school. Areum found every first day terrible and awkward. It will be a copy to last year, she entered the huge building and went to the court where students shared their lunches. While waiting for her name to be called she watched her surroundings, the weather was nice and sunny. Surprisingly she felt her shoulder being tapped.

" Ara you're being called," Mark said softly to her. She gasped and bowed to him, the boy giggled and watched her amused by her behavior. Areum went through the crowd and found her class. She sighed and grinned as her steps fastened to reach her class who was now walking in group to their assigned classroom.

They entered the classroom and Areum instantly walked to the seat in the back next to the window. While the room teacher was explaining the school's terms , she completely zoned out and started to day dream. A noise startled her, making the students gasp and melt. Areum didn't dared to look up, she was too busy watching the few students playing soccer outside. The chair next to her began to stir up, with worry she turned her head to the right and saw a boy sitting next to her. He looked calm and harmless, his hair was white which complimented his smooth light skin. Areum noticed a few girls staring at him, she wondered why he hadn't taken a seat next to Hyeri one of the most attractive girl in the school or why the seat next to Minhee was still empty. While her thoughts invaded her mind, she turned her head while looking at the window. Turning the head to right she caught him staring at her. 

" I'm Lee Taeyong," He said, his voice was smooth and relaxing. She never felt so surprised of her life. Areum didn't know if it was because the famous and mysterious Lee Taeyong was siting and talking to her or if it was the fact that he actually noticed her presence. The rumors were right, he was breath taking and god made like. She sighed in joy when Mark knocked at their classroom's door taking all the attention in the room. 

" Mrs.Wang, there was a problem with the class's list. I'm normally in this class," He said while smiling ear to ear. Immediately the girls began to be exited by the thought of Mark Tuan in the same class as them. The teacher checked the note and allowed Mark in the class, he searched through empty seats and found one next to Hyeri who was in front of Areum. Hyeri grinned, happy that he had chosen her over the other girls but the real reason was to stand closer to Areum. Mark remarked that his rival Lee Taeyong was siting besides her. 

During the rest of the class, Mark while sometimes shoot glances at Areum but she was too occupied zoning out to notice them however there was someone who didn't missed the glances Mark was throwing to Areum and it was Taeyong. He was on the edge of throwing Mark by the window. 

Lee Taeyong knew Areum since last year, she was so shy and not like the others. He felt attracted to her, a kind of bond he only felt himself. It was like she wasn't aware of who he was and it bothered him knowing that the only girl whom he admires doesn't know him. But what bothered him the most was her relation ship with Mark. He felt in the need to know more about what was going on.

He saw Areum being bullied because of Mark's fan girls, he felt angered knowing he was causing her harm. One day he was passing by their classroom and heard Mark asking a few girls to kept on bothering Areum so she will throw herself at Mark and his plan will be succeeded perfectly. But Taeyong was more wiser, he went to those girls who were a group and said that he had heard everything and asked them to stop. Taeyong couldn't stop smiling when for a month and following days, the girls didn't caused any more harm to Areum. She looked so peaceful and no more upset. 

The bell rang, he watched carefully Areum packing her belongings while he did the same. Her pencil dropped on the floor, he took the chance without any hesitation and handed it to her. 

" Thank you Taeyong," She spoke so gently. She was soon stomping off the classroom door but Taeyong grabbed her pulse causing her to stop.

" What's your name?" He asked not wanting to scare her.

" Areum," It was the last thing she said to him after walking out of the classroom. Taeyong smiled and kept his eyes on Areum's back, he was watching over her. She looked so fragile and precious to him. He knew she was going to try keeping her distance with him but he had no other fears but the fear of her not wanting him. As he kept on walking Areum carefully looked around her before hoping on the school bus. He smiled and melted the hearts of the girls around him. Taeyong was startled by such noise and decided to walk home. 

Once he reached his home, he unlocked the door and tried to open it but un like others days it was locked, does it means that the door was opened before? He thought silently and started worrying a little. Taeyong shook his head and entered in the house, taking care to not smash the toys of his dog. 

" Miki," He said softly and cutely to his three years old dog. She was waving her tail in happiness and her fluffy white hair matched his own. He giggled when Miki tried to kiss his cheeks and in a swift movement he was up and reaching the wide living room. 

" Taeyong you're back. I have some announcements for you," He furrowed his eyebrows and slowly made his way towards where his mother was sitting. His mother was gentle with everything, she had brown long hair and good features. Taeyong's mother always dressed herself with pastels colors and white chiffon dresses. But she wasn't here when Taeyong came home, her job didn't leave her a choice. Not only she wasn't here for her son but his father wasn't here too. His constant absence make things awkward when both encountered. 

" Today the daughter of Saera is going to come and stay with us," She said, Taeyong almost choked on his cookie. 

" What? For how long?" His mother looked at him suspiciously and patted his back.

" Her parents are going abroad for their honey moon and unexpectedly they are going to do a journey for two whole months starting from today." He eyed his mother and nodded, understanding the issue but he was kind of upset by the news. He didn't wanted his privacy to be invaded, Taeyong's plan was to ignore and avoid this person as much as he could do. 

" Thank you dear, she can be a great company you'll love her," She smiled ear to ear and sighed while putting both hands on her lap. While staring at the good weather outside, she grabbed her purse.

" I'm going to head out to buy some flowers, it seems like ours are withering," Wither, something Taeyong knew to core. He glanced at her mother while she stomped her feet out of the house. He buried his face on his hands and let out a frustrating growl.

During the afternoon Taeyong was mentally preparing himself for the two months of hell we going to go through. At little earlier his mother came and made dinner for both of them but soon afterwards said that she had some errands to do. He was drawing some cartoons on his notebook when the  doorbell rang. Getting up from his chair, he gazed at the wall and waited for the maid to say something but nothing came. While mumbling angrily he came down the stairs, a fresh breeze hit his face when he opened the front door. 

" Areum?" The white haired boy was shocked and seemed to freeze when she came into his view. His heart beat got faster as he kept on staring at the girl in front of him. Her bangs were perfectly cut, her hair reached down her chest but unlike the other girls Taeyong had seen, the makeup she was wearing fitted her really well. Areum was wearing something casual, a simple black hoodie with dark grey jeans. Taeyong didn't noticed that the color of her eyes were dark purple, it amazed him for sure. She keeps on becoming more different and eye-catching to him. When a million of questions invaded his mind, he couldn't think of one reasonable reason of her arrival. No it couldn't be, he repeated in his mind. 

" Are you the girl who is gonna stay here?" She shyly nodded and instinctively the plan's of Taeyong crashed down. He said a faint " yes" in pure happiness and opened the door wider for her to enter the luxurious house. She bowed her head , Areum was already embarrassed to be such a nuisance. Taeyong took both of her luggage on her hands, he wanted to make a good impression on Areum. He noticed the shy smile she was giving him while he managed the two luggages on one of the guest's room. Areum wondered what was wrong with Taeyong, he didn't stop smiling unlikely to when he was at school. 

Silence engulfed the place. Both looking shyly at each other.

" Where are your parents?" She asked with her hands clasped behind her back. 

" My mom went to run some errands and my father is on a business trip,"At the news she nodded and immediately examined the fact that he was closer to his mother more than with his father. Her parents were like that too, they were workaholics so she was always left alone at home. Areum could feel the emptiness that Taeyong was feeling and the fact she had shared the same experience has him, it pushed them even more closer to each other. 

" Do you like Mark?" Taeyong regretted saying that, he was too straight forward and this question could lead to an uncomfortable silence between them. Her orbs followed his, he chuckled while blushing. 

" We're good friends," He sighed in relief, he didn't cared that she had saw the alleviation on his face. She grinned, despite the fact Taeyong looked like unapproachable at school, he seemed to be care free while talking to her. Areum felt glad seeing a few true smiles appearing on his face.

" Sorry for being a nuisance," His hand ruffled his white hair and he shook his head. 

" You're not, believe me," A part of her felt assured, he also felt relieved as well to let Areum know that she was not being a bother to him. 

A loud noise startled both of them. They span around only to be greeted by Taeyong's mother. This one smiled warmly and went to hug Areum who was also grinning at her sign. 

" I've missed you Areum, you've grown up prettier and prettier," She said excitedly, her heart was full of joy seeing Areum and Taeyong together. 

" Darling it seems like you're happy that Areum is here," Taeyong nodded and blushed deeper. Her mother was so welcoming and joyful. Areum admired her since she had seen her for the first time. 

" I've had one hell of a day today, good night kids," She went to hug both of them, she chuckled and went to her room. Areum was left alone with Taeyong.

​" Let's go sleep, shall we?" The petite girl nodded, he lead her to the bathroom and said they will have to share it for the past months coming. It didn't bothered her because she felt already so warmed up to be welcomed by such awesome persons. They both bid goodbyes. Taeyong never felt so happy in the life.

 

 

Author's Note : Hello lovelies, welcome to the first chapter of Heart Less.

My ultime bias is Taeyong as you can see, this account is particularly made for Taeyong. 

Taeyong will always be the main character in my stories so if you ever want more stories in the following months and years who is main biased Taeyong you can follow my stories account :) 

Comment down below and don't forget to leave your thoughts down there. 

Thank you lovelies, till next time :)

#TAEYONGPROTECTIONSQUAD