Chapter 1

Destroyed by Love

Vernon’s POV

“I seriously do not understand what you see in Jeonghan” My best friend Seungkwan tells me as we are sitting together eating dinner with me, him, my other friend Chan, and Chan’s boyfriend Jihoon.

“he’s sweet, he’s handsome, he’s caring, he’s a-“

“he is a , he treats you like , he has never given you the time of day unless he wants to you, shall I go on?” Jihoon says cutting me off.

I look down after he says that.

“That’s not true, he’s just…just….just..” I stutter out

“just what Hansol, you need to stop defending him and break up with him. He is a terrible boyfriend and deep down, you know it but you are just too scared for whatever reason to break up with him but that is what you need to do. We have all been telling you this since you guys have started dating and now, it is getting too far. I am so tired of coming home and seeing you crying your heart out only to go back to that bastard when he spurts some bull about changing when in the last 2 years, he has not changed one ing bit.” Jihoon yells at me

“I…I…he is changing, I know he is it is just going to take some time and someone who is going to help him. That is why I am with him. He said that I am helping him to improve so I don’t want to break up with him yet. What if I break up with him and he can’t improve?” I answer. They all look at me before Jihoon gets up and shakes his head

“you know what, this. I am not going sit here wasting my breath on you. If you are dumb enough to keep letting this into your life, then that is your fault I am done trying to talk sense into you cause you are too stupid to get it. I hope you get heartbroken because maybe then, you will start listening to me. Jihoon says before getting up and walking away. I stare after him in shock.

“I’m not stupid” I mumble “I know exactly what I am doing. I am helping him to get better. It is not my fault that you guys only care about the bad stuff he does and nothing about the good stuff” I say before also getting up and walking towards the trash can to throw my trash away and then go sit down on a bench outside. I pull out my phone to text Jeonghan.

To: Jeonhanie

Hyung, can you come pick me up?

From Jeonghan

U said u were eating w/ur friends

To Jeonghan

I was

We got into a fight

From Jeonghan

Where r u?

To Jeonghan

1236 Baker Street

From Jeonghan

Giv me 10

I sit on the bench staring at the time every once in a while checking to see the time. It does not help that it is currently extremely cold outside and I am wearing nothing but a loose sweater. I stare at my phone as 10 minutes pass, then 20, then 30. I have been sitting on this bench for an hour and he still has not come. I decide to call him to see why he has not come yet. He probably has a reason for not coming. He would never just forget about me like that.

“hello” his groggy voice answers

“hyung, where are you” I ask voice shaking because of the cold

“I’m at the club with…what’s your name? Lay? I’m at the club with Lay. Why?” He says voice slurred so he is obviously drunk.

“you…you were supposed to pick me up and hour ago” I say into the phone

“oh yeah that’s right oh well just get one of your friends to pick you up” he says before hanging up. I sit there staring at my phone before deciding to call Jihoon. I know that he is probably pissed at me right now but I don’t know anyone else with a car. The phone rings three times before a very annoyed Jihoon answers.

“What!?” he shouts into the phone as he answers

“J-j-jJihoon hyung, c-c-can you p-p-pick me u-u-up?” I ask while shivering badly

“Hansol where are you? Why are you stuttering?”

“C-c-cold” is the only thing that I reply

“Where are you Hansol?” he asks concern lacing his voice

“W-w-where w-w-we are D-D-Dinner” I reply

“okay Hansol, I’m on my way right now, Okay? Stay put” he says before hanging up.

I put my phone in my pocket and rock back and forth trying to warm myself up. About 10 minutes later I see a car’s headlights in front of me. Seungkwan jumps out and runs to me.

“OMG hyung, he is so cold” Seungkwan says as he puts his arms around me “Turn the heat on high!” he yells at Jihoon

“come on Han, we need to get you back to the house to warm you up” Seungkwan says as he tries to help me up only for me to lose all strength in my legs. He sets me back down on the bench and then picks me up bridal style. Jihoon opens the back door for him and he sets me down and closes the door but not before sitting down next to me. He holds my hand with one hand and tries to warm me up by moving his other arm up and down my arm.

“Why didn’t you call me earlier Hansol? Did you really think I was mad at you? Cause I wasn’t and I really should not have yelled at you like that. I was just…upset and don’t want to see you get hurt” Jihoon hyung says

“I wasn’t mad at you, Jeonghan hyung was supposed to pick me up but he never arrived….i called him and it turns out that he went out to a club while I was waiting for him” I say

“That ” Jihoon mutters under his breath “Who lets their boyfriend sit out in the freezing cold while they go clubbing?”

We arrive back at the house and the first thing that they do is make me sit on the couch and they cover me in blankets. The others all come and sit around me. The couch is kind of small so I end up sitting on Seungkwan’s lap. With Jihoon and Chan at either side of me.

“Hey Hannie, Do you want me to make hot chocolate?” Chan asks and I nod

“Okay, does anyone else want any?” Chan asks and everyone nods.

Chan leaves to go to the kitchen to make the hot chocolate.

“Hey you wanna watch a movie?” Seungkwan asks and I shrug

“I don’t care” came my mumbled reply

:hey Jihoon, put in Train to Busan I haven’t seen It yet” Seungkwan says. As Jihoon is putting in the movie, I start to think about what he said about Jeonghan and started realizing that he was right. I start thinking about all the times he has forgotten about dates, how many times he has called me over to “hang out” which always meant that he wanted then he would kick me out, all the times he would stare and flirt with other people with me around, and that fact that he would call me names and tell me that I am lucky he chose me. I realized that I was dating an but I couldn’t stop. I was too much in love with him and that is what hurt the most. The fact that I could not break up with him not matter how much I wanted to because I loved him too much. I didn’t realize that I started crying until a tear fell on my arm. I covered my face with my hands and just started sobbing. What had I done to deserve a relationship like this? One where I put in so much and got nothing out. I should have listened to my friends and broken up with him when I got the chance. Now that I am too deep, I don’t know if I will ever be able to break up with him.

I feel Seungkwan turn me around on his lap so my face is buried in his chest. I start sobbing harder remembering when Jeonghan used to be this caring at the beginning of the relationship. Now, he just laughs at me or tells me to shut up because I am annoying him.

“shhh Hannie, it is going to be okay, you are going to be okay” Seungkwan kept whispering in my ear while rubbing my back and rocking me. I must have been sobbing for around 30 minutes before my eyes just started to feel extremely heavy and I fall asleep.

 

Seungkwan’s pov

I sit there with Hansol on my lap after he sobbed himself to sleep. His phone lights up on the table and Jihon grabs it 

FROM Jeonghan:

Hey baby ovr. I wanna u so bad. 

"Motherer" Jihoon whispers as he stares at the phone. "What makes him think that he has the right to treat Hansol like this?"

I swear, I am going to kill that for hurting my bestfriend like this. I look over to Jihoon and see that he has the same expression on his face. I look next to him and see Chan slowly starting to fall asleep on Jihoon’s shoulder.

“hey” I whisper to Jihoon as to not wake up Hansol “I am gonna take Hansol to bed, you do the same thing with Chan okay” I say and he nods before picking up Chan and heading to their room. I slowly as to not wake him up, pick up Hansol and take him to our shared room. I slowly lay him down on his bed and start walking to my own when he grabs my shirt.

“Please don’t leave me” He whispers and I smile a sad smile before laying down in his bed with him

“I am never leaving you Hansol” I whisper before puling him closer and wrapping my arms around his waist. I am never going to forgive jeonghan for hurting Hansol ever.