Embrace

Our Precious Namu

Myungsoo POV

We were all in Woohyun hyung's room when the doctor came in. Namu hyung still looked pale today, not that he can be any paler than this, but better than yesterday. Sunggyu hyung had just took his shower and changed into a comfortable cloth. Sunggyu hyung smiled when all of us are in the room. He must be glad that Infinite is not a bussiness group like what people accused.

"How are you?" manager hyung asked as he wet the damp towel before placed it onto Woohyun hyung's forehead. His temperature dropped but as usual, our manager will ensure everything is safe and in place. We were told that morning Namu had to go through a few examination last midnight. Maybe that was why Sunggyu hyung and manager hyung looked more concern than ever. 

"Okay," Namu nodded and held my hand. I took it gladly and caressed his knuckles. However, when the doctor came, he looked serious. Maybe all the doctor looked like that? Maybe...the only person who always went to the hospital is Namu. I don't know.

"How are you today?" the doctor asked as he checked Namu's pulse and temperature. Namu just smiled, like always. That is what makes me respect him even more. No matter how in pain he is, he never shows it. 

"The temperature dropped, it is a good sign. Then we can proceed to the last examination. But I have to warn you beforehand, it is painful. Do you want me to call your guardian or your parents?" he asked. All of us looked at Namu who became silent and looked outside the window. He has this unreadable expression on his face.

"Woohyunie, should I call your parents over?" manager hyung sat in front of him, making Namu's attention were into him. He shook his head weakly.

"Hyungie...Just call my hyungie..."

"Alright then. I'll arrange the examination for you. Rest more,"the doctor bowed a little and went out to do his work. I looked at our manager hyung who are calling for Boohyun hyung. In less than 1 hour, Boohyun hyung came with his panic face.

"Woohyunie!" he rushed toward Namu side. But Namu is back to his sleep. Sitting on the chair, he Namu's head and cheeks lovingly. Manager hyung went back to the office, wanted to adjust our schedule. 

"What happened?" the handsome hyung asking us with his trembling voice. I looked at Sunggyu hyung, he has this obviously worried expression as well. 

"One more examination, then we will get the answer," Sunggyu hyung said. Boohyun sighed and pecked Namu's forehead. 

"Dongseng-ah, hyungie is here...Don't worry,"

 

 

Sunggyu POV

Woohyunie was brought into the examination room while we waited outside the room in worry. I suddenly remembered Woohyunie expression just now. It was obvious to me that he is not happy. He saw his brother, yes, but he looked sadder. I glanced at Boohyun direction. The taller man looked blankly onto the floor as he being silent for a while now. My other dongsengs are not here yet. It is good though. Dongwoo must be really tired and shocked, let just give him more time to rest. 

"Boohyun-ah," I sat next to Boohyun. The taller man didn't even looked at me, so I guess, something really happened between these two.

"Is something happened? At home?" jackpot! He quickly looked at me with wide eyes. I realized he was stiffen in his seat.

"What makes you think like that?"

"Both of you. Woohyunie can lie to other people, but not me. What is it?" I whispered as I almost forgot Myungsoo and Sungyeol was sitting at the other side. Both looked immersed with their phones.

"Something did happened," he sighed heavily. I patiently listening to his sigh. Boohyun is a very calm and manner man, big difference with his younger brother. To hear his sighing, I know, it is not a small matter.

"Our parents fight. A big fight this time," he said weakly.

"What happened?"

"For a few months before, they seemed very distance with each other. Rarely have any words. No more affections. I don't really realized that as I am living on my own, fought with my girlfriend as well..."

"Marriage is a hard thing to understand," I whispered. Deep inside, I am glad that my parents are both fine. But...Woohyunie...he didn't say anything at all.

"I don't know about it since I haven't gone home yet. Not until one day, Woohyunie came to my restaurant, crying like a child. It took me quite some time to persuade him. You know when he cries. That was when I knew about it. I couldn't imagine how long had he been keeping it by himself, afraid of making me sad by telling me. I am guilty, as well,"

"Boohyun-ah, Woohyunie is a good kid. He loves you, that's why he didn't tell you,"

"He was too young when both our parents were working. Even as a little child, he never said anything that bothers him. It makes me worried. For him to be a part of Infinite is a great thing for him, to have his own happiness. But as his older brother, I know I did nothing to make him happy," he wiped his tears silently, refused to look at me. I stared nothing at the floor. As the oldest in the group, I understood. What good does it make if the younger are thinking for me all the time when I didn't?

 

 

Boohyung POV

After the talk, I asked Sunggyu to look after my baby brother when I am not by his side. The doctor told us that it is Crohn's disease. A disease that will affects my baby brother's life in his daily routines. I stared at my baby brother for how long I don't know. I know Sunggyu, Myungsoo and Sungyeol are in the room as well, but I am glad they just sit at the couch without saying anything. 

"Hyung," Woohyun stared back at me with smile. I caressed his cheeks and lean closer. I didn't realize I am crying, not when he wiped my tears with his cold hands.

"I am not dying. Don't cry. It is just a small thing," he said with smile. Yah...why are you like this? Can't you just tell me that you feel hurt? Can't you just tell me that you are scared? Why are you comforting me?

"Sorry," I couldn't say more than sorry. He shook his head and took my hand with both of his hands, hugging them onto his chest. I used my other hand as I his head. Did you lose weight again? Enough already, you are too thin now.

"Did mom and dad know?" he asked me weakly. I shook my head.

"Nope. You won't like it," I said. He nodded and looked at me with unreadable expression.

"I miss them," he whispered, tears fell from his closed eyes. Woohyunie, hyung is sorry for not protecting you from getting hurt. I took him into my arms, rubbing his back as he sobbed like a child in my arms. My back might hurt later, but it can't be compared to my baby brother's pain.