Hidden Sadness

Our Precious Namu

Dongwoo POV

I jogged around the neighbourhood for about 15 minutes already. Last night was chaotic, so I made sure that my dongsengs were still fast asleep. I took only my sport wallet and phone, so that, if there is anything needed, or in case of emergency, someone still can keep in touch with me. I rested for a while and wiped my sweat as I looked around the park. Nothing has changed, I see. It is good then. As I turned around to walk back home, something caught my eyes. There is a familiar figure sitting at the furthest hidden bench. I took steps closer and was shocked to see, it is someone I know. Namu. What is he doing here? In the early morning? He is supposed to rest now. And more so, he is not wearing any jacket! I was about to come towards him when I heard he sobbed silently. Wait. What?

"Woohyunie..." I couldn't even say it out loud, as I could only see from afar. Why does that tree crying sadly like that? What happened? Why didn't I know anything at the moment? Watching he trying his best to hold his cries, wiping his tears away harshly broke my heart. Never once, any of us saw this sight. Never once. This tree is a moodmaker, always bubbly and being happy like a bundle of sunshine. Now, I am witnessing him crumbled down, that I know nothing about it. 

"Stupid tears! Stop crying! Yahhh~~ I hate it~~~" he scolded himself. I bit my own lower lip as his voice shakes. Woohyunie, just how long had you kept it in by yourself? How much is your hidden sadness that no one knows? What had you been through that you didn't tell anyone? How long are you going to put that happy mask and lie more to everyone? 

"Yahhh! Wake up! Stop crying now, Nam Woohyun...calm down...calm down..." he tried to persuade himself. It hurts my heart when he forced himself to smile as he wiped his face. Taking a deep breath, he sighed heavily and stood up. I quickly hid behind a big tree as he took the route home. Unknown to myself, I had cried silently. Quickly, I wiped my tears as well.

"Woohyun-ah, I'll make sure you come to us...you are not alone..." I promised.

 

 

 

Myungsoo POV

I was in kitchen with Hoya hyung and Sungjongie when Sunggyu hyugng's voice echoed in the house. Since Hoya hyung wanted to make a healthy breakfast for Woohyun hyung, so Sungyeol and I were looking for the recipes. I don't know, but honestly, while scrolling on my phone, all those recipes obviously are for sick people. It does not feel good to know about that. But Woohyun hyung stubborness is too high. And now, here I am, helping both Hoya hyung and Sungjongie. 

"We're dead....totally," I said unconsciously as I looked at Hoya hyung's skill, as well as Sungjongie. 

"Ouch! That hurts!" I hissed when Sungjongie pinched my both my arms. I looked up and saw Hoya hyung is glaring at me. Is my comment too much?

"Look at that! Who can eat that bunch of big size potato?!" oooppsss...I better shut up right now. Sungjongie looked like he was about to throw that big potato to me.

"Woohyun-ah! Woohyun-ah! Yahhh!" we turned around in time as Sunggyu hyung's voice echoed around the house. Last night scene came back to our mind. Afraid it is what we imagined, we ran towards the leader. Sungyeol also ran out from his room as well.

"Hyung? What's wrong?" Hoya hyung asked. Sunggyu hyung looked worried.

"I just woke up and no Woohyun on his bed. Did you see where he went? Anyone?"

"No...we don't...we thought-" we turned around and saw Dongwoo hyung came in with Woohyun hyung on his back. 

"Dongwoo hyung?"

"He was with me..." Dongwoo hyung smiled sheepishly, but I sensed something else. I couldn't figure it out yet, but really, something is not right.

"You took him when he was still asleep?" Sungyeol asked...stupid question.

"Huh?" Dongwoo hyung looked clueless and took some time to understand.

"Aaaahhh..he said he wanted fresh air. And since I need to exercise, so I brought him along. While we were talking, he fell asleep. Looks like he is not strong enough yet," Dongwoo hyung said. 

"Give him to me-"

"It's okay. He is not heavy at all. I'll carry him to his bed..." with that, Dongwoo hyung piggybacked our Namu hyung to his bedroom. Yeah, indeed. Namu hyung looked too light when Dongwoo hyung carried him. That reminded me again of Sungjongie. Maknae used to be the lightest, and he looked like he had gained some weight.

"What? I know what you are thinking! Stop it!" he leave me, but not without hard slap on my right arm. Did I speak out my mind again? I guess not...right?

 

 

Sunggyu POV

I followed Dongwoo to the bedroom as he carried Woohyunie easily. Remind me again that all of us need our body check up tomorrow. I helped Dongwoo putting the sleeping boy on his bed properly, tucked him in. 

"Sunggyu hyung," I took a seat next to Dongwoo and realized the second moodmaker is being all serious right now. Something is not right.

"What?"

"Woohyunie...is not feeling well..."

"I know. He got his stomach ache again last night. I'll make sure he eat his medicine properly today,"

"His heart...his heart is not feeling well..."

"Huh?" his heart is not feeling well? What does that mean? Is Woohyunie having heart attack?

"Dongwoo-ah...explain..."

"I don't know hyung...he hasn't come to me yet..." Dongwoo looked at me with worried eyes, and I knew immediately what does he meant. 

"You found him this morning, don't you?" I asked. There is no way Dongwoo would say something like this if they were talking just now. Dongwoo nodded weakly and took Woohyunie's hand. His free hand Woohyunie's head like he always did most of the time.

"Hyung, can you make him come to us? The idea that he is struggling alone and keeps it just by himself, it break my heart. He put on happy mask everyday, knowing that, it does hurt my heart. As I thought he is really happy, when he is actually sad..."

"I will..." I said after some time. I don't know, but that kind of thought never once lingered around in my mind. True, he has his happy face everyday. But Dongwoo made me rethink, is Woohyunie really happy nowadays? What hardship is he going through that he kept it by himself?

"Are you-" we looked down and saw he panted heavily, as both of his hands clutched onto his stomach. Cold sweat glistening aroung his pale face and neck. Both Dongwoo and I grew panic. This is the fourth time already. Dongwoo quickly dialed our manager hyung as I called out the kids' name, each one. 

"Hyung! You need to come here! We need to bring Woohyunie to hospital, now!! Hurry hyung!" Dongwoo tried to stay calm, but he failed.

"Yahh!! Somebody! Sungyeol ah! Myungsoo ah!Bring here towel & warm water! Hurry before I kill you!" I heard noise outside, their running footsteps. I leant towards Woohyunie as he weakly stared back at me. 

"Hurt so much?" I asked. Of course Sunggyu ah! Stop asking this stupid question, can you? 

"Hyung..." he whispered weakly. I used my best brain to comfort him, rubbed his stomach gently while the other hand rubbed his shoulder. That was when Dongwoo and Sungyeol tapped my shoulders.

"What?"

"Hyung, blood..." I looked downdown and examined Woohyunie smaller body. What are they talking about? What blood? I don't see any blood? Wher-

"Woohyunie, stay awake! Woohyunie!" Dongwoo reacted better than me. I froze when I saw Woohyunie's trouser are stained with red colour. Doctor had warned us before about this. Due to Woohyunie serious weak and sensitive stomach, he might experience internal bleeding in his intestine or stomach. Never thought it would be today. 

 

 

Dongwoo POV

I patted Woohyun's pale cheeks several times, but the younger is remain unconscious. As soon as Hoya telling us that manager hyung has arrived, I pulled the blanket and wrapped around his body. Someone might see him in this state, it would stress him more. I scooped him into my arms easily and carried him out. Sunggyu hyung and Sungyeol followed us into the van.

"Yah, what happened?" manager hyung asked as he quickly drove the van. I embraced my little brother tightly as he started to whimper. The blanket is getting the blood as well. 

"Do we have another blanket?" I asked Sungyeol quietly. Sungyeol looked at the back and gave me a purple quilt which I believe is Hoya's. 

"Hyung! Faster! Woohyunie is in pain! Hurry! He lost lot of blood now!"

"Hold om, Woohyunie...Hold on.." I whispered to his ears, totally ignored panic noise that Sunggyu hyung made along with Sungyeol and manager hyung. Feeling his cold skin, I embraced his tighter on my laps, rubbing his arms while cooing encouraging words. His light cold sweat pale body, his soft panted whimpers, both are telling us, this time the pain is greater than usual.