final

I Hate U

"Oh! You're home," greeted Soyeon to Solbin who just arrived in their dorm. Soyeon herself was about to enter her shared room that was not far away from the doorway where Solbin was. "Hey, what's happened?" Soyeon asked to one of the maknaes of the group because she did not respond to her words and seemed like surprised to whatever she saw on her phone screen. "Solbin ah..."

"Oh!" Finally Solbin lifted her face to Soyeon. "Yes, unnie. What's it?" she asked as normal as she could be heard.

"You look weird," Soyeon said as Solbin walked to the couch then sat on it. "What's happened? Did your job go well?"

Solbin nodded, still with her phone in her hand. "It did," she answered with a big smile on her face. "Minhyuk oppa gave me a treat today. He brought me a box of meat!"

"Meat?!" Suddenly they heard Yujeong's voice from the kitchen. "Sol ah, you bring meat?!" The leader of the group was already out of the kitchen to see Solbin with her eyes widened in disbelief.

Solbin chuckled at Yujeong's reaction at the mention of meat then she nodded in response to the leader's words. She fished out a box from her bag then put it on the table in front of her. "Jajjan! A full box of meat from Minhyuk oppa!"

"Woah!" Yujeong looked at the meat with amazement as if it was a gold or other precious thing. "Can I cook it?"

"Sure!"

"Unnie, let me help you!" Soyeon volunteered herself to Yujeong then both of the girls went to the kitchen with the meat in the leader's hand.

Solbin used that time to sneak out to the balcony with her phone in her hand. There was something important she had to talk to the visual of Seventeen. After she slided the balcony door, she pressed on Mingyu's number and waited for the call connected.

It was about ten at night. The sky was filled with twinkling stars and a shinning full moon. It was pretty. Solbin liked that kind of the night.

"Hello," a deep voice came into Solbin's ear that automatically distracted her from her thoughts.

"Hi, Gyu," Solbin greeted back. "I call you because of your message," she started to explain before she was asked. "Did I do something wrong that makes you hate me?" Solbin asked with a concerned tone. "If I did, I really am sorry..."

"I hate you, Sol," Mingyu said in a sulky way instead of angry. Solbin could clearly imagine him with a pouty face at the time and it made her chuckle. "Yaaahh... What are you laughing at?!" He protested.

"Nothing," Solbin said hurriedly as she stopped her chuckle but she was smiling so widely after that. "Can you tell me why you hate me? Or maybe tell me what I did wrong to you. Maybe I could make it up for you and we can befriend again without you hating me."

Mingyu was silent and Solbin could hear his breath on the other line. It kind of soothed that she started to feel sleepy. "It's because you're... You're so pretty, Sol!" his words suddenly made Solbin awake and confused.

"What?!" Solbin asked. "What's so wrong for being pretty? I'm also a visual in my group so I have to be more pretty than my pretty members."

"It's wrong, Sol! So wrong!" exclaimed Mingyu in an annoyed tone. "You've made lots of men fall in love with you or look at you with hearty eyes! I don't like it when they do that to you."

Solbin could not stop herself not to laugh at his words. "You're so funny, Gyu! Hahahaha..."

"I'm not funny at all! I'm angry, Sol!"

"And why are you angry?" Solbin asked as her laugh went down. "Are you jealous?"

"What?! Hell, no!!!"

"Come on~~ don't lie to me~~" Solbin said playfully. She liked teasing Mingyu and she hoped she could see his flustered face at the time. "Why do you care of me when many men would probably fall in love with me or look at me with their hearty eyes if it's not because of you're jealous?"

"I just don't like it," Mingyu murmured, still with an annoyed tone. "Stop being pretty, will you?"

"I can't promise it," said Solbin as she leaned her body on the glass door of the balcony. "I want to be pretty so you'll be proud of me."

"I'll be always proud of you even if you're not," Mingyu said. "I like your personality, not your face."

"Are you sure?" teased Solbin. She could not lie if she did not blush after she heard those words came out of Mingyu's lips, but she still wanted to play around instead of saying thank you or sinking herself in happiness at the words.

"Yes!" Mingyu said firmly. He was silent for a while, waiting for Solbin's response. Then he started to talk again since the girl remained silent. "If you can't promise me for not being pretty again, can you promise me for just looking at me?" Solbin did not make a response directly and it made Mingyu's heart thumping with anticipation. "Sol..."

"Sure!" Solbin suddenly exclaimed. She smiled widely as she said it. "I won't look at any other man but you." Solbin could hear Mingyu sighing in relief at her words and it made her happy to know that.

It was still mysterious about the relationship between Solbin and Mingyu. They were friends with each other for sure but sometimes there was a time like this when Mingyu protested Solbin for being pretty or so close with other guys (and Minhyuk was like an enemy for him since the older man was Solbin's mc partner). He knew he did not have to do that but he could not stop himself not to do. The feeling was strange but he could not describe it yet. Am I really jealous?

"Mingyu yah," Solbin called him that stopped the man from his own train of thoughts. "You know I like you, don't you?"

Mingyu chuckled. "Yes!" he said. "Who can dislike me anyway? I'm way too handsome to resist!"

Solbin rolled her eyes and felt regret for saying the words out of her lips.

"But, Sol..."

"Hmm..."

"You know I like you too, don't you?"

Solbin smiled widely and blushed madly at the words. "Yeah," she said. "I can make everyone liking me with my eternal beauty!" she bragged herself and chuckled.

 

***

 

A/N: another quick writing of Solbin x Mingyu!!! I know I've said that I was getting bored with this unreal ship but I can't stop myself not to think about what story I should make for them lol xD I wrote this because there was this moment when BTS' Jungkook looked at Solbin during the interview on Music Bank and the way he did it oh so fondly that made me think to ship them too! Lol x'D and I like jealous!Mingyu au so why couldn't I make a story like this? Lol x'D I'm so proud with my own imagination by the way lol. Ok, I hope you enjoyed reading this nonsense cuz I enjoyed writing this hehe... Thanks for reading!!! :))