Third Turbulence

Turbulence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom

I spent the ride to wherever Seunghyun was taking me in a daze.

The driver was there –naturally. He merely saluted me with a nod. I speculated that he was a foreigner judging from his tall frame, fair skin, jade green eyes and obviously natural blonde hair.

Seunghyun did me the courtesy of driving me to my place so I could get out of my professional outfit. I asked him to come inside but he insisted to stay in his car under the pretext of work.

Hannah wasn’t home and I was disappointed for I couldn’t rely this load to anyone. I felt like exploding from the torrent of contradicted emotions twirling inside me.

Instead of doing just that, I made a quick work of preparing myself. I put on a dark blue strapless dress. I brought it in one of my rare shopping sprees with Hannah. I wouldn’t have bought this if I was still living with my aunt. It literally hugged every curve I’ve got and made me look y as .

I fell in love with it when I tried it on. On a whim. I wasn’t even thinking about buying a cocktail dress but when I looked at myself in the mirror and at Hannah’s in love expression, I knew I had to buy it. Despite its imaginary price. It literally took an entire month’s salary.

I applied light make-up with bold eyeliner and hot pink lipstick. When I put the heels on and looked at myself in the mirror, I was very thankful for buying this dress. I wanted to impress Seunghyun and this dress made me completely fit for the role.

My boost of confidence skyrocketed when I got in the car and Seunghyun looked at me as if he wanted to devour me for dinner. His intense gaze made my entire womanhood spring forward. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing with this man –and his driver, don’t forget the foreign driver– but I knew that I wanted to be here. At least for now.

After checking me out to his heart’s content, Seunghyun reverted his eyes to the window focusing on our trajectory. I got my phone out then returned it to my purse and decided to look outside. I noticed that we were taking the highway in the opposite way of downtown.

I looked over at Seunghyun with caution. “Where are you taking me?”

“I told you. Dinner.”

Gah. It looks like I have to ask a million question in order to get what I want. “Where?”

“In a restaurant.”

That didn’t answer my question at all and I decided to let it go. Seunghyun doesn’t seem to be the man to give answers he doesn’t want to give. Besides, I was the one who jumped into the fancy car with a gorgeous dark stranger. If he’s going to kidnap and kill me, I can only blame myself.

Getting my phone out for the millionth time, I actually used it instead of blankly staring at it. I sent a short text to Hannah informing her that I will be late tonight. I immediately turned it off afterwards afraid of my aunt’s bombarding calls.

When I lifted my head, I noticed that Seunghyun was watching me with undivided attention. He probably was doing that ever since I was typing in my phone.

“I sent a text to my friend,” I blurted. I don’t know why I did that. It’s like the dark look in his eyes forced me to spill my deepest secrets. “She worries a lot.”

He raised an eyebrow. “I didn’t inquire about that.”

“I know. I just…uh…never mind me. I am acting like an idiot.”

What the was wrong with me?

“You’re not an idiot. You’re just nervous.”

I gaped at him. “How did you know that?”

“I am just good at reading people.”

“And I am like an open book?” I retorted with attitude.

He remained silent watching me intently, looking like he wanted to extract the answer from the depths of my soul. He then shook his head as if he went some place forbidden and came back. “You wouldn’t stop fidgeting. You kept looking at your nails for no reason. You got your phone out checking for time frequently while you already have a watch on your wrist.” He leaned until his face was right in front of my own. “You pouted for several times since we got in the car. It doesn’t take rocket silence to figure out that you’re nervous.”

I had to catch my breath at his closeness. When he moved back getting comfortable in his seat, I felt that I could be sane again. I took a deep breath. “And what made you so good at reading people?”

“It comes with work.”

“And what do you do for work?” I realised that I know about Seunghyun. Absolutely nothing. “Are you perhaps a spy or something? That’s the field they need a gift like yours.”

He laughed then. The sound filling the car. Once again, I found myself captivated by his softening eyes and even more striking features. He should do that more. It makes him bloody irresistible.

Actually, he should not do that. I still need my sanity thank you very much.

“I am not a spy,” He said halting his laugh, a glint of amusement in his eyes. “I am responsible for hiring and firing people. That’s why I need the ability to read them.”

“As in you work in the human resources’ department?”

Something tells me it’s not. For one, Seunghyun doesn’t give the vibe of human resources. And he certainly wouldn’t have that much fortune if he wasn’t some sort of CEO or something.

Taking advantage of the car stopping, Seunghyun didn’t answer the question. He got out, opened the door for me in a prince charming gesture and led me inside a very fancy restaurant with a light yet possessive hand on the small of my back. My breath hitched when I felt his strong palm against the material of my dress.

I’ve never been to this side of town before and it’s for a very good reason, believe me. For once, aunt forbids me from coming here saying it’s only full of rotten souls. Second, I could never afford dining at these types of restaurants. It would take my annual salary or something.

I wonder if everything screams money in Seunghyun’s book.

My guess is yes.

As soon as we got inside, the elegant man at the reception welcomed us with a smile, “Do you have a reservation?”

“No.” Seunghyun answered coolly.

“Sir, we’re booked for an entire week. There are no available tables.”

Seunghyun slid one of his hands in his pants’ pocket, relaxing, when the situation was far from it. “Tell Miranda I don’t need a reservation.”

The man looked at Seunghyun as if he was possessed and I probably did the same.

What the hell was this guy?

The receptionist scooted away at Seunghyun’s confident arrogant statement and came back a second later kissing up to Seunghyun’s arse. “Excuse me sir, we do have a free table.”

He led us to an isolated fancy table and I somehow figured it was the best they got.

“The finest and oldest wine you have,” Seunghyun answered when the butler asked him what we wanted to drink.

When the butler scurried away with an exaggerated bow, I leaned in to ask. “How did you get the table so easily?”

Seunghyun shrugged a shoulder. “I just did.”

“Can you elaborate?”

“I know the owner.”

“Miranda?”

“You shouldn’t ask questions if you already know the answer.”

Any argument died in my throat when the butler came back with a bottle of wine. When he moved to open it, Seunghyun nodded the butler away wanting to do the task himself. I watched as he neatly opened the bottle, versed some in his cup, smelled it, savoured it and nodded in appreciation. He then filled my cup. When I did taste the wine, it didn’t seem any different from the cheap wine Hannah bought.

I am a Vodka girl remember? Wine is not really my thing.

I ordered a steak and Seunghyun ordered some impossible French named meal that looked exactly like a steak with a bizarre cream on the side. I kept my loud mouth shut when our orders came.

“Anything else sir?” The butler asked.

“Yes,” Seunghyun sipped his wine. “Tell the chef to come over.”

“Is there a problem sir?”

“Get him here.”

I dropped my knife and fork una

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter