Second Turbulence

Turbulence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun

I stood on the thin line separating existence and nothingness.

There were times where I had doubts. Times I contemplated moving forward or going back.

Times I stood on one foot. My balance crumbled. I almost fell. I always faced falling.

Unfortunately for them, I didn’t. And the world gained one more villain to keep the universe rolling.

My life is a continuous ray of ed up darkness.

I love it. I am not apologetic about it.

I am here for one purpose and one purpose only. As long as the filthy air keeps pumping my lungs, I will bloody fulfil it.

The pieces on my chess game are ing collateral damage. They can all perish as long as I, the game player, ends up winning. Killing, spilling blood, torturing and all kinds of ed up things in between are only a mean for me to get that ‘Checkmate’.

Monsters who hide in darkness are dangerous.

Wrong.

Those who play in plain sight are much, much worse.

Believe me.

I know.

*****

Smirking, I looked down at Bom’s unconscious form. I carried her inside waving Joshua off. He drove away with a single nod.

As soon as I was at the threshold, I noticed a tall frame standing by the main entrance.

I halted in my tracks, nodding in greeting. “Daniel.”

He nodded back. “Mark.”

I took a deep breath. “Why do you always call me Mark when my name’s Seunghyun?”

He stood tall, no flutter of emotion in his voice. “Why do you always call yourself Seunghyun when your name’s Mark?”

A muscle ticked in my jaw but I didn’t reply back. He’s doing it on purpose. I don’t succumb to provocation. I never do.

Daniel’s eyes flickered to my unconscious companion then back to me. “What happened?”

“An incident.” I purposely left out the details to tick him off. Two can play his ed up game.

Daniel brushed it off as if he didn’t care. I know the er. He did want details but he wasn’t going to succumb to my game neither. We were a pair made in the depths of hell. My lips curved in a sadistic smile at the thought. I am actually glad I had Daniel by my side. I don’t know how to pass my time without the bloody games we conduct.

“Isn’t it too soon?” He inquired excluding Bom from the picture as if she was just a doll not a human being.

See. He’s indeed my friend.

“It’s never too soon.” I gazed at Bom’s soft skin. Her long eyelashes fluttered on her high cheekbones. A shiver travelled her body and her long bare legs twitched in response. “Besides, I would rather be soon than late.”

I will tell you a little secret.

I, Choi Seunghyun or Mark or what-the-bloody-hell-ever, have always been a ed up person.

Figuratively.

Literally.

Much worse than the monsters your grandmother used to tell you scary bedtime stories about.

I am the villain in prince charming’s clothing.

The devil in a tailored suit.

I trust you to keep my secret.

If you don’t…

Well, you will never live to talk about it.

 

*****

 

Bom

When I woke up next, I wished I could instantly go back to sleep.

My head swam in an ocean of chaos. A certain heaviness clung to me as if pulling me to the depths of uncomfortableness.

I first tried to get up opening my eyes.

Big ing mistake.

The bright light that assaulted me made me lose all of my senses. I fell back on the bed with a moan covering my head with the duvet. I was a vampire afraid of the sun. I never wished for total obscurity as I did right now.

"You're awake."

My head snapped from underneath the sheet at the familiar deep voice. My oxygen supply almost ran out when I stared into the dark hypnotic eyes.

It was only then that I realised I wasn't in my own bed and this luxurious vast room wasn't mine either.

My eyes darted to the beautiful stranger once again. He was wearing a dark grey designer suit, his hair trimmed back in all glory. He was standing not far from the queen-sized bed I currently occupied. One hand in his pocket and the other nonchalantly inert by his side.

Instinctively, I looked underneath the covers. My heartbeat calmed a little when I found my dress from last night intact.

I peeked my head again keeping the sheet securely tight around my shoulders. Seunghyun was looking at me with an amused glint in his eyes.

Wait. How did I know his name was Seunghyun...?

Events from last night came rushing back and I realised that I might have fainted in this stranger's arms.

. Way to leave an impression Bom.

"Where am I?" I croaked fighting the horrible headache.

His eyes loomed over me in a mystic way before he answered. "My house."

His house?

My mouth hang open for a second as I tried to register the information he casually threw my way.

Before I could question him about it. Seunghyun deep calm voice trenched the piece once more.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" He asked leaning a little closer.

"Uh...um yeah somewhat."

Something similar to irritation passed his black irises for a second before he quickly went back to his usual expressionless state. "Then do you remember who drugged you?"

What the dude?

"No one drugged me." I tried to prevent my voice from raising.

"Think about it Bom," he advanced even further until I had to tilt my head to look at him. "You were swaying and fainting. Your pulse was weak and you didn’t find a footing, as a result you fainted on the sidewalk. The equation is very simple; unless you willingly took some drugs, you were drugged.”

I swallowed at his curt tone. This man must be a man of power or something. Beside his impeccable attire and , he had a chilling authoring voice.

"I only had one drink and my best friend offered it to me," I crossed my arms over my chest deciding not to give in to him. "She. Wouldn't. Drug. Me." I empathized on every word trying to get the message through.

He smirked.

Oh . That's supposed to make me mad not cause these tinglings all over my body.

"Then someone used her.”

I didn’t answer. I only continued ogling the out of him. It was then that a fact hit me. I narrowed my eyes on him. "You know my name. You saw my licence and ID last night. You could've drove me home, why have you brought me to your place instead?"

He remained silent for a while, his eyes never leaving my face until I thought he wouldn’t answer. When he spoke, it was in a calm steady tone. "I wanted you here."

I should've got the creeps. More than anything, I was supposed to scream kidnapper and flee. Right ing now.

Instead, I found myself whispering. "And why is that?"

Another pause. Another stare into the depths of my shaken soul. Seunghyun seemed to look at me as if he was seeing me for the very first time.

"I still haven't figured that out yet." He finally replied handing me a pill and a glass of water.

"You're not drugging me by any chance?" I joked taking the pill from his hand.

"I am many things but I am no coward."

My hand slightly trembled at the seriousness and darkness behind his words. The anger and irritation lacing them made a shiver travel throughout my body. I should've probably paid more attention to the meaning behind what he said but I chose to let it go and swallowed the painkillers in need of some relief.

"!" I involuntarily cursed when I put the glass down and I saw the clock on the nightstand. I will be late for work!

I stumbled from bed ignoring the horrible headache throbbing at every part of my brain. It was then when I realised that I wasn't alone in the room. Seunghyun was intently watching my every move.

"...I mean I am sorry but I have to go. I will be late for work."

Seunghyun had an amused half smile painted on his lips as he watched me make a fool out of myself.

He motioned for my heels and purse neatly placed by a chair and I quickly grabbed them heading for the door.

"Thanks." I paused. "For last night.”

He stopped me with a hand to my arm. "Your car is by the front door. But if you're not ready to drive, I can have my driver take you wherever you want."

Unless I was having hearing problems, this dude said he has a driver.

His own ing driver.

Move along Bom.

"Uh, no, I am fine I guess."

The hint of irritation I saw earlier came back for a brief moment before quickly disappearing. He then guided me to the front of his house -or more like palace.

I had no time to observe details but this place was huge and screamed ing money. No wonder the dude had a bloody driver.

"Safe trip Bom." Seunghyun half smiled closing my car's door for me.

He's leaving. Or more like I am leaving or whatever.

.

You need to do something Bom.

I was being reckless and I will probably regret this decision someday but it. I never wanted someone as much as I wanted this beautiful stranger named Seunghyun.

"You still don't know why you brought me to your house instead of driving me home?" I asked in a sultry voice I didn't even know I possessed.

He stood by the car half-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter