Chapter 38

Drunk in Love

Start, now shoot the gun
This nightmare will be over soon
How could it end like this babe
We loved passionately, there are no regrets
Aim accurately for me, yeah
Finish me, pull it

Trigger ~ Shinee
 
 
 

Michelle's POV

 

I groan as I feel pain in my head and neck. I try to roll my neck but that only makes the pain worse. .

I try to open my eyes, only to have them shut immediately because of the light. I try again, only slowly opening them.

Once my eyes get used to the lighting, I scan my surroundings. I don't recognize anything.

Soon, things from last night begin to come back to memory. I try to get up but realize I'm tied to a chair. . My hands are tied behind me and my ankles are, too.

“Did you have a nice rest? You took a nice fall last night,” he says with a chuckle.

“Let me ing go, Ryan,” I say.

“Now why would I do that? I want you all to myself, babe,” he says.

“I didn't do anything to you. Just let me go, please. I won't tell anyone you did this,” I plea.

He starts laughing, which makes him seem even scarier.

“Now why would I ing do that? I almost got caught by the police last night. Now I know they're on the hunt for me.”

“So why are you doing this if you're just going to get caught?”

He wipes his thumb across my lower lip. “So I can get to that famous boy group member of yours. I have to show him that you're mine.”

“I'm not some piece property.”

"Oh, but until the cops get here, I own you. And I definitely know pretty boy is going to come to. Then I'll be able to get my hands on him,” he says with a wink.

“You're just a psycho. Once the police come you'll be done for.”

“But until then, I get to do whatever I want to you,” he says as our noses are practically touching each other's. I feel one of his hands run up my thigh. I automatically spit in his face as a reaction.

“Don't ing touch me!” I exclaim.

He wipes the spit off his face before glaring at me.

Next thing I know, I'm feeling a stinging sensation on my cheek.

“Keep doing things like that and you'll get more than just a slap.”

I roll my eyes, trying to avert his gaze. He grabs my chin and makes me face him.

“You look at me when I'm talking to you. And you answer me when need be. Do I make myself clear?”

I just continue to stare at him but he squeezes my jaw in his hand.

“I said do I make myself ing clear?”

“Yes.”

“Good,” He says before throwing my face out his grasp.

“Now be good for me while I go make some calls,” he says before kissing me on the lips. He pulls back and winks before leaving the room and shutting the door.

I look around, not seeing any windows. The room is pretty empty, too.

Tears start forming in my eyes.

Minseok.

Please save me.

Please.





 

Author's POV


Everyone was immediately called to Robin’s apartment as soon as they heard the news about their missing friend.

How the hell did this happen?” Alex exclaims.

“I was on the phone with her while she was walking to her car then all of a sudden I hear a guy's voice then it went quiet,” Xiumin says.

So some random dude kidnapped her?” Robin worriedly asks. Suho grabs her hand and squeezes it.

I don't know. She told me she had this stalker of some sort but the police was supposedly taking care of it,” Xiumin says.

She had a stalker? And we're just finding out about it?” Baekhyun asks.

I didn't know about it until recently. Still, I don't know much about it. I was just there with her when she told the police. I didn't get any information,” Xiumin says.  

“Did anyone know about this?” Suho asks. Everyone is quiet. 

Wait, Camille, don't you know something? You're the one who told me she was hiding something,” Xiumin asks Camille.

But Camille didn't answer. She was off staring into space, or so what it seemed.

Camille,” Lay says as he nudges her.

Sorry, what?” she asks as she shakes her head and tries to refocus on the topic of discussion.

Seriously, Camille. Focus! Whatever is on your mind right now is not ing important,” Xiumin yells, making Camille flinch.  

Hyung calm down, will you. We're not going to get anywhere with yelling,” Lay says.

“N-no. He's right. Um, she just told me that he has pictures of her and some of you two together. I think she said she personally knows him,” Camille says.

So you knew this whole time?” Robin angrily asks.

Camille slowly nods.

Seriously, Cam. Why wouldn't you tell anyone??” she yells.

She told me not to. Plus she said she was going to the police,” Camille says.

You should've said something as soon as you found out. We could have prevented this! What the were you thinking?” Xiumin yells once again.

Lay is right, hyung. You should calm down,” Suho says.

How can we be calm when our friend is God knows where?” Robin exclaims.

I'm sorry. She made it seem like she had it taken care of,” Camille tries to explain herself.

No matter that,” Alex says, “the cops are looking for her, right?”

Yeah. They know what he and she look like. They supposedly almost had them last night. I don't know what happened, though,” Xiumin says, running a frustrating hand through his hair.

Well, all we can do is wait and hope for the best. It seems like the cops have a lead,” Baekhyun says.

Camille’s phone dings, indicating a text. She reads it before sighing.

“I'm sorry, but are we interrupting you there?” Xiumin impatiently asks.

“I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll try to be back as soon as I can. Please keep me updated,” Camille says as she rushes up from her seat.

What the could be more important than finding Michelle?” Xiumin asks but he gets no response as she's already out the door.

What the is wrong with her? Yixing, I suggest you check her. . .ing stupid ,” He says, mumbling the last part, though some still heard it.

Hey! Don't you talk about her like that,”Alex says.

Xiumin scoffs. “Why? It's her damn fault we're in this situation.”

Actually, it's not. Michelle probably had a reason for why she didn't tell anyone. And if it wasn't for Cam, no one would have known about it, including you. So I suggest you check your damn attitude before you go calling one of my friends a or I will be more than willing to act like one for you. Believe me, I'm holding my tongue right now because I could be saying a whole lot more,” Alex says.

Baekhyun places a hand on Alex's shoulder to calm her down.

Whatever. Doesn't look like she'll be much help anyways,” Xiumin mumbles.

Look,” Suho says as he stands up. “I know this is hard to do, but we have to calm down. We'll get nothing done if we continue to scream at each other. Hyung, maybe some fresh air will do you some good.”

“Fine,” Xiumin says as he storms out the door.

I'll go with him,” Baekhyun says. “Are you alright?” he asks Alex.

Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be fine,” she replies. Baekhyun gives her a quick peck before rushing out to meet his hyung.


Lay walks over to Alex.

Has something happened to Cam while I was gone?” He asks.

Not that I know of. We sat down and talked for a little bit one day. She said she wasn't cutting. She said her grandma and dad were doing okay. But there was something I found a little weird,” Alex says.

What's that?”

“Well, she usually visits her dad pretty often but she told me she hasn't seen or heard from him in a while.”

“Yeah, she told me the same thing. But it was during one of her word loopy spells or whatever that is,” Lay says.

And come to think of it, whenever I mention work she seems to tense and act all weird about it.”

“Huh.”

“What is it?” she asks.

That day we were decorating your apartment, I took her home because she literally just fell asleep.”

“So, what's so weird about that?”

He shakes his head. “It's what I found at her house that's weird. I places her in her bed and a pill fell from her mattress. When I looked under it, there was a pile of white pills.”

“What?!” Alex yells but then waves it off and laughs when the others start looking at her.

You're joking right?” Alex retorts.

Lay shakes his head. “I wish I were. And then this lady showed up saying I had to leave and it was time to give Cam her medication.”

“Wow, that is really strange.”

“I know. You don't think Camille is doing drugs do you?” Lay asks.

She can't be. One of the reasons she's majoring in psychology is so she can counsel people who are doing drugs and alcohol. Besides, I don't think she would do that,” Alex says as she looks around her to make sure no one was paying attention to them, “especially since her dad suffers from them both.”

Lay nods. “You're right. The only other option I can think of is that she's taking them for something.”

“Or not taking them. You said there was a stash under her bed. Was the woman there like a doctor or something?”

“I think so. I mean, she looked like it anyways. And when I asked who she was, she told me she can't say anything because of Cam’s grandma.”

“Damn. Something is definitely up. She must be sick or something. I wonder why she hasn't told anyone.”

Lay shrugs. “It must not be too serious then.”

Alex nods, “You're probably right.”

But how wrong they both are.




 
Xiumin's POV 
 
"You know you were really out of line up there, hyung," Baekhyun says. 
 
I walked to an empty park that was diwn the street from their apartment building. 
 
"I know."
 
"Then why we're you going off on Cam?"
 
I let out a frustrating sigh. "I don't know. I'm just pissed at this whole thing. And I'm pissed that Michelle never told me any of this. It's basically all of my fault if you think about it. If I was just more careful, none of this would've happened."
 
"You can't blame yourself, hyung. It's nobody's fault. Like Suho hyung said, we just have to be calm about it and hope for the best. Like you said, the police are already on it."
 
"I know, I know. I just hope she's safe. I don't know what I'd do if something happens to her."
 
A comfortable silence filled the air, until my ringing phone interrupted it. 
 
I look down to see who's calling. "What the hell could he possibly want?"
 
"Who is it?" Baekhyun asks me.
 
"CEO," I reply back.
 
He scoffs. "What a time to call."
 
"Hello."
 
"Yes, Minseok. I have some information that you may find important. . ."
 
 
 


 

Camille’s POV


I met my grandma in front of the hospital, just like she said she would be.

Hey grandma,” I say, catching her attention. She turns around, her eyes still red and puffy. I guess she's been crying all morning.

She attempts to bring a smile upon her face. “Let's go shall we?” she asks and I nod as I bring her hand in mine and walk into the hospital.

 

 

We soon end up at the morgue. Grandma turns back to look at me. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

I smile and nod. “I'm sure.”

“Are you guys ready? If not, I can give you more time,” the doctor nicely says.

We're ready,” I say.

The doctor nods and leads us to a table where a body is laid with a white blanket covering it.

Soon, the doctor brings back the blanket, uncovering the face.

My grandma breaks down and turns into me, as she cries into my shirt.

 "My son. Oh my god, my son," she sobs. 

I let out a sigh before nodding to the doctor.

She covers him back up as I help my grandma out the room.

 

We sit on a nearby bench as I continue to let her cry.

It wasn't a joke anymore.

My dad. . .

He's dead.

But I won't cry.

I have to take care of my grandma. I have to be strong for her. Plus I have a friend that's missing because of me. And Robin is still pregnant. This stress isn't good for her. And finals are coming up, as well.

Why think about myself when there's so many other important things to think of?

There's more important people other than me.



 

 

Michelle's POV


I start to panic when the door opens, showing Ryan enter with a smile on his face.

“Why the scared look, babe? It's only me,” He softly says.

“Don't hurt me, please,” I say back, barely in a whisper.

He chuckles, “What happened to the girl who was giving me so much sass? Not too strong now, are you?”

“Why are you really doing this?” I ask again.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

“I guess I'll tell you the truth,” He says as he brings a chair and sets it in front of me, him sitting in it and leaning forward on the back of it.

“At first, I came when I read the headlines. I saw the picture and I immediately knew it was you, so I came over here. That's when i started taking pictures of your every move.”

He then continues, “So I called up pretty boy's company and told them I have pictures of you two. I told him that I wouldn't expose them if I got something in return. But he called me up, saying he wanted to make a deal in person.”

I scoff. “What deal could he possibly want to make with you?”

“I see little Miss Attitude is back. I'll let you off with a warning. Anyways, he wanted me to get rid of you. He said he didn't care how, as long as I kept you away from pretty boy and out of the news.”

I gasp at this. That CEO really wanted me gone. Just because I was dating Min? He's just about as crazy as Ryan here.

“But for some reason, a few days ago, he contacted me saying the deal was off,” He says.

“So why are you doing this if he canceled the deal?” I ask.

“He hasn't kept his end of the bargain. Even if the deal is off, he should still pay up, which he didn't. So that's why you're here.”

“I'm not following.”

“It's pretty simple actually,” he says as he pushes a strand of my hair behind my ears and looks me directly in the eyes and smiles.


“Either I get my money or I'm going to kill you.”