Chapter 23

Drunk in Love

The fact that you left me
Because you didn’t believe in my dream
This reality drives me crazy
I’m hot stuff, I hurt feelings of people
Like you who wanna hang out with me

I Remember  ~ Bang Young Guk ft. Yoseob

 

 

 

Xiumin’s POV

 

Taking a seat outside of the restaurant, I look around. I notice how there's already a few paparazzi out.

 

I sigh,as I pull out my phone to check the time. 12:30pm. This is supposed to be me and Yoona’s first date today.

 

That night when Michelle came over to talk, I really thought that was gonna be the end of us.  

 

Thankfully, she didn't end things. She said she'd continue to try. I just have to figure things out.

 

Hey Minseok. Sorry I'm late,” Yoona says as she takes a seat.

 

No problem. I just got here, myself a few minutes ago,” I say.

 "Kinda sad we have to meet under these circumstances," she says.

"I know. Can't believe we still have to do these things."

So, who's the lucky girl?” she asks with a smile on her face.  

Someone I met through one of the members actually. She's not in this business,” I say with a smile.

That's when the waiter comes and takes our orders before walking away.

That's good. It's nice being able to date a regular person. And by looking at you and that smile, I can tell that you really like her," she says.

I nod. “I love her. Im really glad that she chose to say with me during this. I just hate we have to pretend to date each other just so I can be with her."

I agree. I'm dating an actor and here I am, pretending to be going out with you. And that's great. She's a keeper of she's willing to stay through these scandals,” she says.

 "Yeah, she's pretty awesome."

"Hopefully one day we'llbe treated as actual people instead of robots, you know?"

There has to be some thing we can do. I mean, we should still be able to date whoever we want to. They shouldn't be able to control our private lives, too," I say.

She just shrugs. “I feel you, I really do. But what can we do? I'm surprised that they're actually letting us still be with our significant other, to be honest.”

Yeah. I just need to come up with something. I can only live like this for so long. It just isn't fair,” I say.

She nods as our waiter comes and brings our food. We continue our food with casual talk. I really hate doing this but I'm glad I'm doing this with Yoona. She's in the same situation and she gets me.

 

There just has to be something in can do. I will find a way.

And if I have to. . .

 

. . .I will leave EXO and SM.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV


 

I can't believe this happened. I can't believe that ing . ing bastard.

Baek, you need to sit. I know this isn't the greatest situation to be in but you need to calm down,” Cam says.

I stop in the middle of my pacing to turn around and look at her.

Calm down? Really, Camille? After what I saw the ing bastard do to her and you want me to calm down?!” I yell.

I see her look around and bow down to people. Yeah, I yelled in a hospital but I don't give one right now.

Cam gets up and walks to me before pulling me and pushing me down into a seat. She takes one next to me.

“Baekhyun,” she starts, “I know you're beyond pissed right now. I am, too. I had this gut feeling that he was no good but I still let her go to those meetings. But Baek, you saved her. You saved her before he was able to take anything from her. Because of you, she's alive and breathing. Because of you, that will rot in jail.”

I hold my head in my hands.

I should've been quicker.”

Don't do that. Don't do that to yourself. You did what you could. Now that we know she's okay, we'll have to help her get through this. She's going to be pretty unstable for a while. She's going to be scared. Our job is now to be there and comfort her the best we can,” Cam says.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

So we're going to have to stay calm so we don't freak her out any. I already called the other girls and they're on their way. I didn't really know who you wanted me to call so I just called Suho. I'm pretty sure he'll come with the girls,” she tells me.

Thanks, Cam.”

She pats me on the back before standing. “I'll go get you a coffee. You can probably use it.”

I just nod as she walks away.

I close my eyes as I wait to hear some news about Alex.


 

Flashback

 

I pull up in front of her school where I picked her up last time.

I sat in the car for about 20 minutes, scrolling through my phone, thinking of what I was gonna tell her.

“Alex, I didn't mean those things I said to you. It's just that I-”

No, no.  That won't work.

Alex, I'm sorry for what I said. I just really like you.”

Uuhg. How do people do this. They make it look so much easier on kdramas.

Just then, my phone starts ringing.

Alex? Maybe Cam told her that I was picking her up.

Hello?” I say into the phone.

Sir, please stop,” I hear.

Alex? Is that you? Where are you?”

“And honestly Alex, I've been noticing you. You are really pleasant to look at. You don't know how excited I get when it's time to teach the class you're in.”

“ALEX?!”

I hurriedly get out of the car and run in the building.

Damn it, which ing room is it.

Sir, let go!!” I hear Alex scream.

! I run down the hallway, only to not find anything or anyone.

Just then the line goes dead silent.

Alex! ALEX! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!” but I get nothing in return.

!” as I run my hand through my hair frustratingly.

Are you okay, sir?”

I turn around to see what I guess is campus security.

Yes, where is Professor Lee’s office? He's doing something bad to a student,” I urgently say.

“Um, are you sure? Professor Lee is a-”

Yes I'm ing sure! Now while you're here trying to waste time, he is in his office doing God knows what to an innocent woman. Now where the is his office?”

Yes, follow me,” he says as he starts to run.

Call back up and I'll call the police,” I say.

Come on, Alex, please be okay.
 

The security guy comes to a halt in front of an office door.

Oh come on, Alex. I know you can take more than that,” I hear from the other side of the door.

I run past the guard and slam the door open.

ALEX!”

 

I see the bastard choking Alex.

Get your ing hands off of her!”  I yell as I push him off of her.

Who the hell are you?” he asks.

This guy is taller than me but I was too outraged to give a damn.

You ing bastard,” I say as I run and push him down to the ground as I end up on top of him.

 

You *punch* ing *punch* touched her. What the *punch* is wrong with you?!”

 

All of a sudden I feel people lift me up off of him.

Sir, we'll take care of this from here.

She's going to need to go to the hospital. She's breathing but barely.”

Just then, we hear sirens.

I run over to Alex.

Alex, wake up Alex. It's me Baek. Don't leave me, okay? The ambulance is almost here.” I get no response though.

Alex, come on now. You still have to slap me and beat me up. I s-still have to apologize for the stupid ed up I said to you,” I say.

*End Flashback*


 

“Sir. . .sir.”

I look up to see the doctor standing in front of me, making me stand straight up.

Is she alright?” I ask him.

Yeah, she's going to be fine. She's currently on two liters of oxygen because she wasn't getting enough on her own. You've found her just in time. If oxygen was deprived from her any longer, she would have had some brain damage, such as memory loss. In addition, her voice is going to be hoarse for a little while, so she may have some trouble speaking.”

Can I see her?” I ask.

Yes. She's just woken up a few minutes ago so she might be a little out of it from the medication.

Thank you doctor,” I say.

He nods and walks away.

 

I send a quick text to Camille and go to Alex's room.

I open the door and see Alex laying in bed.

“Alex, hey. How are you doing?” I ask. Jesus, that was such a stupid question. Why would I ask that?

She nods.

That's good. You had me worried there,” I say as I stand on the side of her bed.

She smiles and closes her eyes.

Just get some rest, okay? I'll be here.”

“Mhmm,” she croaks out




 

Robin's POV

 

“Oh my god, I can't believe this,” Michelle says.

“Michelle, she's fine. Cam said Baek got to her before anything got too far. Besides, we got that text from her saying that Alex is completely fine,” I respond back to her in English, as well.

Yeah, we just all need to stay calm for her sake,” Jun says.

 

We finally make it to the hospital. Michelle jumps out the car and leaves me and Jun behind.

“Thanks for waiting, Michelle,” I say after I opened my car door.

I turn and put my feet on the ground, already tired and I haven't even done anything.

“Need some help?” Jun asks as he holds a hand out. 

This is just great. My friend is in the hospital and I can't even run to her. This ,” I say as I take his hand.

He gently but firmly pulls me up. He then closes the door and takes my hand, not before pulling my hood up over my head.

To make sure no one sees how pretty you are and tries to steal you away from me,” he says.

God, what a huge liar you are,” I say with a smile.

He takes my hand in his and we begin walking to the entrance.

But are you okay? You've been tired and out of energy for the past few days,” he says as we walk to through the doors and head to the elevator. Cam texted us the room number so we don't have to ask anyone.

I'm fine. All part of the pregnancy. Besides, we have an appointment in a few days anyways.”

How could I forget? I got it circled on my calendar and everything. That's when we find out if we're gonna have a boy or girl,” he says.

We walk out of the elevator  and head down the hall.

I know. I'm kind of excited my-”

I stop talking when I see Cam and Michelle outside a room door. Only Michelle is crying in Cam’s embrace. Cam spots me and mouths help me.

We walk up to the two. “Is something wrong? Is Alex okay?” I ask.

Yeah, she's fine. She's just in there sleeping. Baek is with her, though. Speaking of him, I don't think he's gonna be leaving her side anytime soon,” Cam says.

Jun nods, probably expecting this. “Then why are you crying, Michelle?”

She just walked in the room, walked out and broke down. I think she's just sad and scared for Alex,” Cam says.

How about I get you guys some coffee?” Jun suggests.

I go to open my mouth but he beats me to it. “And I'll get you tea, I know,” he says before walking away.

You guys are really cute,” Cam says as she continues to console Michelle.

I couldn't do anything but smile and probably blush.

So, what exactly happened?” I ask as I walk very to take a seat.

Hey, Michelle, how about we go and take a seat, hmm?” Cam asks. Michelle nods and they start walking, with her still attached to Cam.

That, I don't even know what to call him anymore, tried to do stuff to Alex while she was meeting with him. Thank God Baek got there just in time,” she says.

“H-how did he even k-know Alex was there?” Michelle cries out.

Yeah, why was he even there?” I ask just as Jun comes back with our coffee and my tea.  “I thought you guys had practice today?”

Jun takes a seat next to me. “We did. He actually left. He was in a pretty bad mood today. I never got to learn why he was, though.”

I told him to go pick her up. And I'm pretty sure whatever happened with Baek will get sorted out soon,” Cam says with a smirk.

I shake my head, knowing that she's isn't telling us something.

I'm just going to trust that whatever you know will work out smoothly,” Jun says.

Oh, I'm sure it will,” she says.

 

Soon enough, Baekhyun appears out of the room.

Alex is awake now if you all want to see her,” he says.

We all nod and start to get up, with Michelle bearing everyone in the room. I'm surprised she didn't wipe out Baek when she passed him.

Suho helped me up again and we, well me and Suho start slowly walking.


 

Are you sure you're alright?” I hear Michelle ask as we enter the room.

Yes Michelle. Now stop crying or get out,” Alex jokingly says.

Glad to hear that your sass isn't gone,” I say.

Gotta do more than that to take away this awesomeness,” she says with a chuckle.

Well, we're all happy you're okay, Alex,” Jun said.

Thanks guys. You all didn't have to come, though. You guys are probably busy with practice and stuff. And don't you three have classes and work tomorrow? And you. You're pregnant. Why are you out this late?” Alex says.

Well sorry for caring for our friend,” Michelle says. Least she's done crying. Now back to the regular bickering.

Well, I can see when we're not wanted,” Cam says. “Did the doc say how long you'll be in here?

I should be able to go home sometime tomorrow,” she says.

Awesome. I do have work tomorrow, so I'll probably come by your apartment and see you after I get off,” Cam says as she goes and hugs Alex.  “Make sure to get some rest.”

“I will. Don't work too hard,” Alex tells her.

Cam goes to Baek and they talk, though I can't hear what they're saying. Baek nods and Cam pats his shoulder and smiles. Huh, wonder what's going on there.

Well, I'll see you guys later. Glad you're alright Alex,” Cam turns and says to us before leaving.

“I guess I better go, too, unless you want me to stay. Maybe I should stay?” Michelle says.

Just go home. You have a morning class tomorrow and I don't want you to use me as an excuse to your professor,” Alex says with a smirk.

Michelle scoffs. “Whatever,” but still hugs her.

We'll be going, too. I'll see you tomorrow. Do you want me and Michelle to come and pick you up?” I ask.

Yeah, that'd be great. See you guys,” she says as I go up to hug her. “God, girl, your belly is poking me,” she says before chuckling.

I roll my eyes. “Just go and rest,” I say before making my way out of the room. Jun says his goodbyes too.

Jun pats Baek’s shoulder before saying, “I'll tell the guys you won't be back tonight,” in which he gets a nod in return.


 

“I'm glad she's okay. It's scary to think that one of our own professors would do this to someone,” I say as we walk out hand in hand.

“I know. Do you want me to send some security with you four while yall are at school?” he asks as we step into the elevator.

I push the first floor button. I back up and lean against the back while laying my head on Jun’s shoulder.

The fact that I know you're serious about that is what's funny. But no, I think we'll be okay. I just hope Alex will be okay, emotionally that is,” I say before yawning.

I really am. I just want you all to be safe. I don't know what I would've done if this happened to you. I have you and the baby to worry about. I can't lose you two. And she'll probably need some time. All we can do is be there when she needs us,” he says.

“Mhmm,” I say as my eyes close.

He kisses the top of my head just as the elevator dings and the doors open.

Let's get you home and to bed,” he says as we walk out.

Can you stay with me tonight?” I ask.

For you, anything.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woo! Another chapter. I know that's probably not what you guys were expecting but can't put all the drama in one place. And trust me, there's so much more drama to go!

 

I'll try to write another chapter tomorrow.

 

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad I was able to surprise yall with the last chapter ;)

 

 

Peace!