Fate

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the train to Busan, November 2nd 2009

10:15 PM

Hani pressed 3 on her speed dial. “Yoboseyo”

“Appaaaa~” Hani started crying again “Neomu mianhae appa. I’m away from my phone this evening. I really regret it appa.”

“Gwenchanna Hani-ya. Granny is in peace right now. We are already near Busan. Where are you now?”

“I’m on the train to Busan too, appa.”

“Mwo? I thought you will leave tomorrow morning. Sunyeong accompany you?”

“Aniya, I’m with Sunyeong Eonni’s friend.” Hani said while looking to her side. Junyeol was closing his eyes while plugging his earphone. “Sunyeong eonni couldn’t come, she has final presentation tomorrow. She sent her condolences to you, appa.”

“Hoo, arraseo. Take care Hani-ya. Buy some food in the train and treat Sunyeong’s friend too. Greet him for me for taking care my lovely daughter.”

“Hnn. You too appa, take care. See you later.” She ended her call with her dad and looked outside the window. She barely saw nothing but dark. And her tears started to roll once again.

Someone suddenly patted her shoulder. “It’s alright.” Junyeol said still closed his eyes. “Busan is still far away. You will be fresh once we arrive if you sleep now. Your granny probably won’t be easy if she sees her beloved granddaughter crying over her all night” Junyeol smiled at her. “Oppa will wake you up.”

“Ne oppa, I’m so sorry to trouble you.” Hani smiled back. “My granny is like another mother for me. I lived with her from baby to age 5 in Busan. My Mom was a working Mom before. I was looked after by my Granny. My Mom stopped working when she gave birth my brother in 1994. And we moved to Goyangshi since then. With her passing away, the memories I had a years ago flood up in my mind.” I said while looking at the window.

Junyeol patted Hani’s back hand on her lap. “I’m grateful I can help.” Junyeol took his earphone from his right ear and plugged it to Hani. “Listen to this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter