SUN X LIGHT

#SimplyThreeWithJiCheol

 

[JiCheol Vids Playlist - https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkPo6aR9ODM1j-mPGg73V_kc9xR8do72J]

-----

"Pay attention! I have an announcement to make. This year 2013, on the month of October, the two of us are getting married"

Jihoon can clearly remember what Seungcheol said that day like it was only done yesterday. That moment was shocking for him but nonetheless, he was giddy inside when Seungcheol said that.

But so many happened since they debuted, it's like they grew apart from each other. They can't spend time with each other that long because of their responsibilities in the group. Jihoon, being the producer and Seungcheol being the overall leader. They have the future of their group in their hands so they can't waste time and make a mistake. The responsibilities stresses out Jihoon, he was always anxious of his works. What if it won't be a good song? What if our fans don't like it? What if this will be the reason they will flop? And too many what ifs...

At first, Jihoon is oblivious of the changes in his attitude by being the producer in their group until Seungcheol pointed in out in front of a camera. He was really hurt that time, he was close to Seungcheol and he can just come to him and tell what he's feeling in front of Jihoon.

That time, he thought "Am I the only one taking Seungcheol's announcement serious here?" But it was soon clarified to him that he is not alone when Seungcheol surprises him on their 2nd Wedding Anniversarry.
They just ate outside, facemasks and hoodies and all, but it was enough for Jihoon. That very moment Jihoon realized that it's not the time they spent together that will define their love, nothing can define their love. It's just there and it's the most wonderful thing.

So today, on their 3rd wedding anniversarry, Jihoon planned a surprise for Seungcheol.

"Hyung, why do you want to hide the cake in this room? Can't you just put it there in your producers table while you are sitting in your producers chair and eat this with your producers spoon?" Seokmin asked him.

He asked Seokmin to help him with the cake, a three layered cake. Three layer for three years with Seungcheol. He giggled at that moment and Seokmin just eyed him.

"You're scaring me Jihoon-hyung~ Uhhhh... I know what this is for"

Seokmin lifted his brows as if he knows all the secrets in the world.

"I knew you were such a sweet hyung~ Is this for your anniversarry with Seungcheol hyung?"

He still has that grin in his face. Jihoon blushed at the sudden realization of this sweet act he's doing.

"Sh-shut up dogfood! Ju-just tell nobody about this okay?" Jihoon said, fanning his face. Why is it so suddenly hot in here?

"Eeey~ Jihooniee-hyung is blushing" he said as he pokes Jihoon's arm.

"I-i am not"

Seokmin stop poking his arm "But why are you hiding it in this room? You can just throw the surprise in our dorm, why here? It's cramped in here"

"Uhhh, too many question Seokmin. J-just tell Seungcheol-hyung that I am here when he looks for me. Okay?"

"Okay hyung~ Byeee hyung"

Seokmin went for the door, he twisted the doorknob and said his last words "Don't do it here hyung~ It's cramped in here! I suggest you do it in the practice room he-he-he" and Seokmin fled for his life.

He blushed harder at what Seokmin said, who's doing what to who?

He smiled at his idea, it'll be no wonder that Seungcheol would surprise him, it's in Seungcheol nature to be so sweet and Jihoon likes that. And also he reads Seungcheol's action, he was really nervous last night in their dorm. He'll freak out to the faintest unexpected happening and he saw Seungcheol in the living room last night like he's doing something.
So Jihoon decided that he'll just stay here, putting up a front that he forgot about their anniversarry and when Seungcheol came to fetch him in here, he'll surprise Seungcheol. He played something in his phone.

"Even the sunshine cannot outshine your smile
Even the sweetest honey can't exceed your sweet nature

It's real love, i know it's true so let's spent each other's life

With a smile in our face and a love in our heart"

He composed a song for Seungcheol and he is hoping Seungcheol would like it.

-----


"Happy Three Years Hyung~" Dino, Minghao and Jun gleefully greeted Seungcheol and soon the three are out of his sight. Those three are up to somewhere.

But he was dumbfounded, confused. What's with the three years?
He just laughed it off and thought it was some prank or something.

He suddenly felt the drowsiness he's been wanting to feel for the past 2 days. He swear, he'll not drink 5 cups of coffee straight in 4 hours. He was nervous for the whole 2 days and also he can't even close his eyes and go to sleep.

As soon as his body had contact with the fluffy bed of his, he wholeheartedly welcome the sleep.

While Jihoon waited, hungry and sleepy.

-------

It's already 1:16pm and Seungcheol is still not here. He should've brought food here, he's so hungry and also sleepy because he spent 3 nights without sleeping just to finish the song for Seungcheol. He can't afford to go outside or even take a nap, what if Seungcheol came when he is out buying foods or he is sleeping, that'll ruin the surprise. So he set aside his hunger and drowsiness, Seungcheol is more important than those.

-----

Jihoon is worried, Seungcheol is still not here and it's already around 3pm

Did something happen to Seungcheol?

No, the kids will tell him if something happened like that.

He fished his phone out and texted the only person that knows what he is up to.

To: Seokmin

Seokmin, have you seen Seungcheol hyung? He's still not here and also can you bring me food in here? I still haven't eaten lunch. Thank you.

And Jihoon continued waiting.

-----

He felt his phone buzzed.

From: Jihoonie-small-cutie-hyung

Seokmin, have you seen Seungcheol hyung? He's still not here and also can you bring me food in here? I still haven't eaten lunch. Thank you.

He looked at his watch, it's already past 3pm and god, did Jihoon just said he still haven't eaten anything?

So he started the search. Not in the kitchen, in the bathroom, he has a strong feeling that Cheol hyung will be in his room, maybe he still haven't finished his surprise for Jihoon-hyung.

He knocked. No response but he can hear breathing from inside. He reached for the doorknob, trying his luck and it was unlocked.

"Uhh, Seungcheol hyung, I'm going inside" Seokmin announces.

He halted his steps when he saw Seungcheol hyung laying in the bed peacefully sleeping and he suddenly felt a mix of anger and pity for Jihoon hyung. It was not surprising that Jihoon hyung would forgot their anniversarry but for Seungcheol hyung to forgot it, it was so unexpected.

So he shakes Seungcheol's body until Seungcheol wakes.

-----
Someone is shaking him and interrupting his perfect slumber. He was not in the mood to play games with the kids.

"Ugggh, what are you---" he stopped what he is going to say when he saw Seokmin in front of him, he was glaring and Seungcheol felt like he's being fired by guns by those glare.

"Happy THREE-YEARS hyung. Jihoon is in his usual room, bring him foods. He's been there the whole day waiting for you" and Seokmin stomped out of the room.

He was still half asleep when he left the premises of his room. He saw all the kids in their living room, watching something in the TV and are laughing.

"Happy Three Years hyung~" the younger members said.

"Happy Three Years Cheol~ We can also achieve that, right Shua?" Jeonghan said while the Jihan couple is cuddled in the sofa.

Seungcheol laughed and realized that these guys have been saying the three years something the whole day.

"Uhhh, Jeonghan-ah what's with the Three Years today?" He asked.

Jeonghan gasped.
They all gasped in Seungcheol's surprise.

"I knew it" Seokmin said.

"Do-don't tell me you forgot it hyung?" Dino said like it was his name that he forgot.

"Did you really---- oh poor Hoonie" Jeonghan said.

Hoonie. Jihoon.

He had his eyes wide open when he realized what he forgot.

", our 3rd year anniversarry. Why did I forgot it?" He said and quickly ran out of the dorm.

He was headed to the Pledis building when he remembered what Seokmin said

"He hasn't eaten yet? God Jihoon." He felt so frustrated.

"Why am I such an idiot? Ugh... This is all my fault" so he swerved lane and goes to the nearest restaurant.

He's tapping his fingers to the table while waiting for the take out he ordered. All he hear is his watch ticking, every second goes by and he is anxious.

"Number 19, here's your order" the crew on the counter said. He literally flew outside once he got the food. But it was raining hard outside.

.

And suddenly memories surge back in his mind.

"At around 3 in a rainy afternoon"

Those were his words 3 years ago.
He looked at his watch, past 3 and it's raining.

He can feel the tears running down his face. Why am I such an idiot? How come I forgot this day? This is the most precious day of my life.

He flung himself to the rain and let himself be wet. He wants to see Jihoon now... He needs... He must.

He ran for his life. He ran towards Jihoon. He ran to be with his life.

-----

When he reached Pledis Building, he was soaking wet. He run his way towards Jihoon's casual place. He didn't mind knocking.

There he saw, sleeping while sitting is Jihoon. He is so peaceful, so serene, so pure. He heard his heart breaks a thousand pieces. He can't believe God gave him Jihoon but he forgot their precious anniversarry.

He didn't bother waking Jihoon up, he's just there sitting while being mesmerized by Jihoon's beauty.

Jihoon moved a little bit that caused his phone to fell and the earphones are now unplugged.

"Even the sunshine cannot outshine your smile
Even the sweetest honey can't exceed your sweet nature

It's real love, i know it's true so let's spent each other's life

With a smile in our face and a love in our heart"

He heard Jihoon's phone play. He fetch it.

"For our third year anniversarry" that's the title of the song playing on Jihoon's phone. He can't believe what he just witnessed. Did Jihoon wrote and sang a song for him?

"Uhhh, Seungcheol-hyung" he looked at Jihoon thinking he's the one speaking but he's still past asleep.

"It had been three years since that day. First of all, thank you for being there with me, for loving me. Sorry if i wasn't expressive enough to show you how much I cherish you. Sorry because I always forgot our anniversarry. Sorry if I'm moody. Sorry for everything hyung. I hope you won't let me go and bear with my personality. I-i love you hyung"

The recording stopped. He is dumbstruck. He feels like he's the jerk of all jerk for forgetting their anniversarry. He can't stop himself, he hugged Jihoon so tight that caused Jihoon to wake up.

"Uhhh Seungcheol-hyung, wh ---why are you wet? And are you crying?" Jihoon asked fully awaked.

"I got wet by my tears Hoonie~ I'm sorry. Im so sorry" he said as he hugged Jihoon again.

"Hmmm? For what hyung?" He removed Seungcheol wrapped arm around him and cupped his face.

"Whatever it is, I already forgave you. You bear with me all this time, I'm sure I can bear what you did"  Jihoon said as he wipes Seungcheol's tears.

That earn a louder cry from Seungcheol.

Jihoon laughed. "You're such a cry baby hyung~" He stands up "Wait here~ I'm going to get some towel. You're gonna catch a cold"

But a hand stops him, Seungcheol holds his wrist before Jihoon can take one step away from him.

"No... Stay... I--- i forgot our anniversarry and I feel so bad about it, Hoonie. Im so sorry" Seungcheol said, feeling so broken inside.

Jihoon levels his face to Seungcheol. "That's okay. Don't feel bad~ I forgot it twice and you forgot it once so that makes it 2-1" and Jihoon laughed.

Seungcheol asked himself what good deed he had done to be blessed by a Jihoon in his life. He must've save a thousand people in his past life.

Jihoon asked himself what good deed he had done to be worthy of having Seungcheol in his life. He must've been the one who discovered antibiotics.

Seungcheol caressed Jihoon's hair and stretch a line down Jihoon's jaw.

"I'm going to kiss you" Seungcheol said

"You don't need permision hyung. I'm all yours"

And at that moment their lips met. Two matched puzzle pieces met.

They were both out of breath when the kiss was broken. They both smiled.

"Happy three years~ I love you, my sun"

"Happy three years hyung~ I love you my light"

And that moment, they knew it's forever.

-----