#3 - Promise on the Rooftop

[a few one shots] GuiLun's Love Stories

 

Promise on the Rooftop

-Forewords-

The day almost turned into night. But Gui Gui was still at the Sakura High School, sat alone in the class.
Gui Gui sighed as she remembered the test she just had earlier. If she didn’t pass that test, she wouldn’t be able to attend this school.
Her parents always wanted her to attend the same school with Hebe, her sister who was on the first grade in Sakura High School now. Gui Gui didn’t have self-confident as much as Hebe, since she didn’t have the brilliant brain like her sister, nor the pretty face like her.
Gui Gui finally stood up. She walked on the empty hallway. She still hadn’t wanted to go home. She wasn’t ready with her parents’ questions about the test earlier.
No noticing, Gui Gui just followed her feet brought her. She stepped on the stairs carefully until she reached the top. On the top, there was a metal door. Slowly, Gui Gui opened it.
The scenery was so amazing. She didn’t know how to tell.
The sky was reddish, could be seen clearly on that rooftop. Around the tile floor, the iron gate with Gui Gui’s waist length captured.
And there, right on the opposite of Gui Gui, the guy was sleeping soundly, with his back lent on the gate. Gui Gui scanned his handsome face, his long eye-lashes, his sharp nose, his kissable lips, and his smooth hair which was blown by the twilight breeze.
Gui Gui stepped back when his brown, almond-shaped eyes stared right at her. He was awake.
Those lips of him curled into smile. “Angle…” he whispered.
“Pardon?” Gui Gui asked.
“You’re looked like an angle…” he said.
Gui Gui was surprised by his words. But then, hesitantly, she approached that boy. His smile grew wider for every step Gui Gui took. Until finally she reached him, he showed his white-teeth as he grinned ear-to-ear.
Trembling, Gui Gui sat next to him. The silence hung on the air. Suddenly, he broke the silence.
“So…you’ll be my junior?” he asked.
“Huh?” Gui Gui turned to him. “Oh…I don’t know I can pass the test or not,” Gui Gui told honestly.
He chuckled. “Why? Don’t have the self-confidence?”
Gui Gui nodded sadly. “I’m not as good as my parents hope.”
Out of the blue, a pair of hands covered Gui Gui’s eyes.
“Hey!” she protested.
She heard a chuckle. She knew it was him.
“I’ll show you a magic,” he said.
Gui Gui remained silent. She waited.
“One…” he counted. “Two…”
“Three!” he let go off his hands.
Gui Gui’s mouth rounded. In front of her, very clearly, was a beautiful sunset.
“Surprise?” that guy whispered.
Gui Gui looked at him with her sparkle eyes.
“It’s secret, okay? Only you and me who knew this place,” he told.
Gui Gui nodded with smile plastered her face. Slowly, very slowly, that guy reached out his hand, titled Gui Gui’s face up. Gui Gui was trembling, didn’t know what the right action she must do. No one told it was Gui Gui’s or that guy’s heartbeat which was heard. But then, softly, very softly, his lips touched hers.
Both closed their eyes, the kiss lasted for a few minutes, with the twilight sky as the background. Then, they pulled apart to catch some breaths.
Suddenly, that guy leant his head on her shoulder. They watched the sun disappeared on the horizon. The sky darkened, the stars started to appear.
“I’m Aaron Yan,” he said. “What’s yours?”
“Gui Gui,” she replied.
He chuckled. “Ghost, eh?”
“Don’t laugh!” Gui Gui hit him playfully.
“Ghost,” he breathed out. “My ghost…”
Gui Gui felt the warm sensation through her body. It couldn’t be…love…?
“When will the announcement?” Aaron asked.
“Next week.”
“So…will you come again and tell me the result?” Aaron held her hands.
Gui Gui looked at his eyes, searching the sign if he was joking or just playing. But his eyes were so serious, full of wish, and hope, made she slightly nodded.

It was amazing. She even hadn’t started her first day in the high school, and she already had her first kiss.

But then, the day they had promised, he never showed up.