Chapter Four

If Only I've Known

 

Bom headed towards her secret spot in the yard. When she arrived, she saw the person she was looking for sitting there with two coffee cups by his side. His back was against the old tree that stood on the campus yard for hundreds of years. He was staring out the sky with his sunglasses on.

“Hey Bomtaro,” he said as he handed a cup of coffee to her.

“Hey Joker, I made you lunch,” she said as she took a seat next to him with her back against the tree.

“Yummy, I miss your bento boxes.”

“You only get to eat this on special occasions. How’s your bad boy act going?”

“How’s your miss perfect going?”

“Are we going to start this again?”

“No. You do know you shouldn’t be hanging out with a bad boy like me right?”

“I don’t care. You’re my best friend,” Bom replied as she took a bite of her lunch.

“Do you like the japchae I made? Jiyeon wanted to eat it for lunch today so I made a lot since you like it.”

“It’s delicious. Are you going to make me lunch on Friday?”

“Maybe, why?”

“I want either kimbap or kimchi jeon for lunch.”

“You’re so picky. I’ll see if I feel like making it then.”

“So, what’s with the rumors about Jiyeon?”

“Even you know? Is my sister that popular?”

“All the lower grade girls are talking about it and Yoseob likes your sister too.”

“Why does everyone want to go out with my little sister?”

“Because she’s cute. I would ask her out myself you know.”

“You better not,” Bom said as she glared at him. Bom met Junhyung when they were both volunteering at the hospital. Both of their fathers were doctors at the hospital. Jiyeon is the only one who knows about Junhyung and Bom. Junhyung has a reputation for being the school bad boy. Even with his straight A’s he gets into trouble with the dean. Bom knew the reason why he got into trouble. Junhyung was raised in a single parent family, his mother died in a car accident when he was 8. His grandmother looked after him while his father spent hours at the hospital. He liked being around Bom. Bom was like the mother he never had. To Bom, he was the older brother that took care of her. They kept their secret friendship hidden for years now. Junhyung didn’t like to been seen with her because his best friend Doojoon didn’t get along with her and her friends.

“How’s ajusshi?” Bom asked.

“The usual, but he’s been home lately.”

“Must be the patients, Seo harmoni said she was going to make your dad go home one day.”

“Must be it,” he replied with a chuckle. “Remind me to thank her tonight.” As they finished their lunch, the bell rang. Bom gathered the lunchbox and headed back to the classroom.

“Junhyung ah, next time I want a white mocha.”

“I thought you like the caramel macchiato.”

“If you’re requesting lunch from me, why can’t I request my drink?” she said as she walked away from him. When she got back to class, the teacher arrived shortly after. The rest of the day went by in a flash. When class was over, Bom completed her duty as student president. She met up with Jiyeon and told her about going to the hospital that day. Jiyeon came along with her. They walked out the school together and saw Junhyung waiting for them by his car. They got in and drove off. Behind them Youngbae and Minho were walking to their car.


sorry for the late update. so i am done introducing all of our main characters. the plot will move soon.

thanks for reading again! i'll try updating soon!