final

A Voice in The Middle of The Night

Mingyu opened his eyes abruptly as he heard a loud voice in the middle of the night. It was like a baby crying from outside of his bedroom. He started to feel uneasy that he held tight on the blanket he used to sleep. Why do I hear a baby crying in the time like this? He thought with anxiety. Is that... A ghost?!

When he was busy with his own thoughts, there was a move came from beside him that made him scared to death. Mingyu was about to scream at the object that slowly appeared under the blanket, but he was stopped after he recognized her. It was Solbin. He sighed in relief.

"Oh, you're awake?" asked Solbin in a sleepy tone after she accidentally turned her face to the side where Mingyu lied.

"Sol, do you hear that voice?" Mingyu said as he got up and leaned his body to Solbin. He was still scared of the voice that still heard by him.

Solbin nodded weakly. She was still feeling sleepy indeed. "Why don't you check him out?" she asked.

"No way! Why should I?!" exclaimed Mingyu with horror all over his face. "I don't want to see a ghost!"

"A ghost?!" Solbin repeated in a surprised tone then she hit Mingyu on his chest lightly. "Yah! That's your son crying!" and by that, she pushed Mingyu away and made her way to the door, leaving the confused man alone.

It took a moment for Mingyu to realize that he sure had a baby boy that was born a week ago from Solbin's womb. He did not know why he kept on forgetting that important fact. "Man, what kind of a father I am?" he said in a disappointed tone as he palmed his face.

After that, he got out off his bed to his baby's room. The voice was stopped as he made his way to there. When he arrived in front of the room, the door was wide opened and he could see Solbin carrying the baby in her arms as she fed him with her milk. His wife looked so tired and sleepy, he could tell by her face. With careful steps, Mingyu walked in to approach the two persons he loved the most.

"Is he hungry?" asked Mingyu in a soft tone once he was beside Solbin. He did not want to wake their baby, but his voice made her wife opened her eyes widely, feeling more awake by his presence.

"Maybe," Solbin answered. "He's kind of fussy lately." Then she caressed the baby's forehead lovingly.

"Is he sleeping?"

"Not yet. He's still drinking his milk."

Then Mingyu kissed the baby softly, lovingly. "He's cute!" he cooed as he played with the baby's tiny little fingers. "And I felt bad to think that he was a ghost..."

"You're a bad daddy for him, you know that?" Solbin nudged Mingyu as she showed him a fake annoyed face.

Mingyu nodded weakly. "Yeah... But I promise I'll be a good one as the time passes by," he said as he raised his right hand.

Solbin chuckled. "Good!" then she still fed the baby for some times with Mingyu leaning on her side, giving her a company. After the baby went to sleep, she put the baby on his box then carefully she left the room with her husband in her hand.

"You said that I was a bad daddy for our baby boy, right?" he asked to Solbin once they were back on their shared bed.

Solbin nodded playfully as she pulled the blanket over her body. "Yes, sure!"

"But I'm a good husband for you, ain't I?" Mingyu asked as he looked at Solbin in a serious manner.

Solbin was silent for a while as she looked at Mingyu as well then she shrugged. "Maybe."

"Maybe?!" repeated Mingyu in a surprised tone. "Yah... I've done a lot of things to be your good hubby, you know?!"

"Really?" Solbin asked playfully as she laid her head on the pillow. "Like what?"

"Like this." Mingyu slowly leaned his body on Solbin's then he started to kiss her deeply.

Solbin chuckled in the kiss. "It isn't enough though," she said after Mingyu pulled away from the kiss.

"You want more?" Mingyu gave Solbin a smirk as he played with her button on her night gown.

"ert!" Solbin chuckled again and pushed Mingyu's forehead with her index finger. "If you want to be a good hubby, you have to prove that you're a good daddy for our baby by not forgetting his presence."

Mingyu rubbed a back of his neck then chuckled timidly. "Alright~ I've promised after all," he said.

"Okay. Don't break your promise!"

"I won't!"

Solbin smiled widely at Mingyu. Then with a sudden move, she pulled her husband by his collar and gave him a long kiss which made him flustered. "Good night!" she said after breaking the kiss then closed her eyes to sleep.

 

***

 

A/N: just a quick writing and I hope you enjoyed the story hehe... Thanks for reading! :))