Wine Red Colour

Chateau Wine

A/N: The title for this chapter is because when I first heard Lotto, I heard "Lipstick, chateau, wine red  colour " XD  Hope you guys enjoy and please don't forget to leave a comment! :)

Jongin tossed the white die onto the table carelessly. The dim lighting of the room did nothing to dull his golden skin and the glint in his eyes as he eyed up the masked players around the table.

 

Jongdae laughed and raised his glass, clearly drunk as he cheered. He dropped his hand of cards onto the green felt and the smell of sickly sweet cranberry wine wafted through the air as the server poured more of the blood red liquid into his crystal glass.

 

Minseok’s eyes darkened as he glanced at his watch. He was hardly paying any attention to the game, only occasionally taking a sip from his glass. The diamond encrusted watch lying casually beside his arm told him that it was near approaching three in the morning.  He dropped his cards onto the table as Jongin reached out to gather the deck together.

 

“Still no word?” He was surprised that Jongdae even remembered that a mission had been sent out today given how drunk he was. He spared the younger man a glance, noting how his face remained as pale as death despite all the alcohol he has had to drink.

 

The older gave a miniscule shake of his head and Jongin dealt the cards.

 

//

 

The man in the white coat smirked under his mask in Baekhyun’s direction as he gestured for the cage to be opened. The was beautiful, tail feathers full of colour. Its beady eyes flicked back and forth as it strutted around the cage with its chest puffed out. The crown of feathers atop its head was garishly red under the purple lights.

 

Baekhyun paid him no mind, choosing to study the ripples of purplish red the wine in his glass made. The man sidled closer to him as Kyungsoo’s chosen was placed into the cage, the man himself hiding a dangerous smirk. His chosen one was a pathetic looking specimen, all matted feathers and dull colours. Compared to the masked man’s beauty, it looked like the obvious loser.

 

The more handsome squawked in protest when his competitor was set into the cage, reaching out his beak to poke at the pathetic looking rooster. A red gash opened up across his golden , crimson blood dripping onto the metal floor. With a scream, he lunged at the dirty looking competitor.

 

Baekhyun smirked when the fight was over within minutes, the once handsome eyes dulling and crimson red staining the once gleaming feathers. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and the man scoffed, reaching into his back pocket. Before his fingers could even close around his weapon, the ground beneath him cracked open, the silver dancers around him darting away.

 

Before he could scream, the ground swallowed him up. The silver masked dancers returned to their places, looking as if nothing had happened. Baekhyun smiled when Kyungsoo gave him a cocky grin and took a sip of his wine. This was the good life.

 

//

 

Everywhere was dark when his eyes fluttered open. There was the feeling of something heavy sitting above his eyes, blocking his sight. He tried to bring his hands up to remove it but he could not remove them from his back. He tugged again weakly, but they do not budge from where they had been bound behind his back with thick coarse rope that chafed against his skin. He could smell the metallic tang of blood as he shifted, legs kicking into another body by accident.

 

He could not see but he heard a low moan of pain as he shifted away. The ball of fabric parting his lips prevented him from speaking but he grunted softly in apology.

 

Where was he?

 

//

 

The wheels of the van squealed against the tarmac when Chanyeol took the corner too sharply but no one in the vehicle blinked. The red haired man grinned at the shock of adrenaline that hit him at the sudden jolt. The skin on his nose had been scraped off and he had slapped a band aid on it haphazardly after the fight. The other three in the van had all suffered some sort of injury but they barely mattered. Because they had gotten what they had come for.

 

They were not far from their destination, a pile of dust coloured boulders in the middle of nowhere. As Joonmyun watched from the passenger seat, slightly dazed from being thrown against a wall, Chanyeol pulled the rusty old van over in front of the boulders.

 

“Yixing.” He muttered and said man climbed out of the vehicle without a word, walking over to the set of boulders. Through his blurry vision, Joonmyun smiled as Yixing began to dance.

 

Slowly, with a horrible scraping sound, the ground beneath the younger man’s feet began to sink. Yixing did not seem to notice, his body fluid as he moved to the sound of imaginary music and his feet traced familiar patterns across the sand. The boulders behind him creaked and violet light poured from their cracks as they shifted open. Soon, they were wide enough for the van to pass through.

 

Hair matted to his forehead with sweat, Yixing finally stopped dancing and Chanyeol drove the van through, squealing to a stop just before a gaping hole in the ground. The man stepped through the boulders and they slammed shut with a grinding noise.

 

With a click, the van doors slid open and Sehun climbed off. He walked around to the back of the van where Yixing was standing, staring at the white doors blankly. He shot the older man a sympathetic look and with a wave of his hand, the doors flew open.

 

The three bodies lying in the van were still but Yixing could tell that one of them was awake. He moved past Sehun quickly and his fingers curled around the neck of the tallest man. The man jerked and went still.

 

Sehun raised his eyebrows and tugged the smallest man out. He heaved the body easily onto his shoulder and walked over to the edge of the pit.

 

Closing his eyes, he jumped.

 

Yixing swore under his breath as Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the tallest body, pulling him out of the van.

 

“He’s ing heavy.” The red haired man gasped and Yixing glared at him.

 

“You take him.” He let go of the man’s lower body and Chanyeol staggered, muttering curses under his breath. He leapt into the pit with no hesitation, bringing the body with him.

 

As Joonmyun hefted the weight of the last man in his arms, he could feel him stirring awake. Yixing’s fingers were around the man’s neck before he could speak and the figure slumped back down. The older was still slightly astonished at how aware his friend was of human bodies. He reminded himself to never get onto Yixing’s bad side as they brought the body over to the pit.

 

“Minseok’s going to kill us.” He muttered after a quick glance at his bloodied watch. Yixing shrugged and together, they leapt into the abyss with the body between them.